The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

I don't think Hearn/Warren would really care about appeasing the American market Wilder can't even sell in his own country, his return fight only did 75,000 buys in the US.

AJ's return did, reportedly, 700,000 against an equally "no-name" opponent & Fury/Chisora, again reportedly did 500,000. (Both in UK/Ireland)

Uysk's an odd one because his last 3 fights have all done 1m+ buys in the UK/Ireland alone, however 2 were obviously against AJ & the other was against Chisora in 2020. I don't think for example if he fought Jermaine Franklin he'd do even half of Fury/Chisora's PPV buys nevermind touching AJ's.

As it stands Wilder's got the lowest stock & leverage of the 4 IMO.
AJ fights on DAZN so isn't his salary already pro rated despites sales? And Wilder fought an ABSOLUTE nobody in his last fight to see if he could come back from his head injury so of course it was a bomb. AJ fought Usyk 2/3 times so it's a name so of course it will sell and aren't the fights way less there than in the USA? You are kidding yourself if you are saying Wilder isn't a top draw in the heavyweight division EASILY.

So who u guys like this Saturday ?
I'm taking Garcia cause of Reach but i don';t feel confident about it lol

I hope so, for Joshua's sake at least. Even with his chin, I think he'll put up a decent fight, maybe even pull out a decision if he can move well enough.
I’m not sure he can move well enough. His head movement goes out the window when he gets hurt. And he gets hurt from any power punch from a regular heavyweight, nevermind Wilder. He’s an average boxer which means he has better boxing skills than Wilder but the first time Wilder lands his 1-2 combo it will be over. If Wilder fails to land it then Joshua has a chance. Joshua has genuine power that could hurt Wilder, he just has not had the mentality to throw full force and commit (and take risks) since the Ruiz fight. Ie not using his best assets effectively.

Never thought Ryan had a chance. I actually bet on a Tank ko, but in the 8th rd. smh.

I took the height and reach and youth but it was wishful thinking I did put in the post i don't feel good about it

Hopefully Haney, Stevenson and Davis can fight each other in the next 2 years

Good effort by Ryder but Canelo too good.

Props to Jermell for stepping up in his brother's absence...but he's gonna get sparked.

I never thought that loss to Bivol would make people doubt Canelo this much but I hope he gets the opportunity to face both twins, Benavidez and Spence. Could be a legacy defining run.

I took Spence Jr. i thought he had all the advantages coming in and boy did Crawford crucify him
I was buggin when i saw Vegas had Crawford as a slight favorite my Narcissistic manner didn't let me think straight they never lose, the odds makers lol

I've never been more wrong about anything in my life.

Seriously. If nothing else I thought Errol could jab with him. But he looked horrible. No defense, no adjustments, not the type of power we're used to when he did connect, smh that was bad. I don't believe even Crawford fans expected all that...

I've never been more wrong about anything in my life.

Seriously. If nothing else I thought Errol could jab with him. But he looked horrible. No defense, no adjustments, not the type of power we're used to when he did connect, smh that was bad. I don't believe even Crawford fans expected all that...

loved that he didn't use an excuse but we noticed something was off with him coming in the ring maybe it was the horrendous rapper he had compared to Crawford lol but in all seriousness something was off with him we may never know but he needs to forget a rematch in December

TBH he looked high or something. No excuses, even if he was that's his fault, but like you said coming to the ring he looked weird, his eyes especially.

I thought he looked drained too, the same way he was against Garcia and Porter but they're not Terence clearly. Against Ugas he looked strong and solid so I was surprised on how weak and small he appeared against Crawford.

Joshua knocks out Hellenius in the 7th round. I didn’t watch yet but apparently pretty boring until then.

Joshua knocks out Hellenius in the 7th round. I didn’t watch yet but apparently pretty boring until then.

I think he needs to be boring if he wants to win. Especially messing around with Wilder. When he boxes like he did against Ruiz the second time, he can neutralize a lot of guys.

I didn't love a lot of Lennox Lewis fights but I respected his approach and doing what was necessary to win. AJ can be effective the same way, but he still seems hesitant to let his hands go. If he finds that happy medium he'll remain in contention.

Fury vs....Ngannou about to start. Not sure what's happened to boxing lol.

Fury down in the third!!!!!

This is crazy, Ngannou is doing fine. He has a real chance of winning this. I think he's taken most of the early rounds (plus 1 knockdown) and it's only a 10 round fight.

Fight over, going to the cards. Ngannou really has a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"