World The official G1 purist thread.

blind_fury

Avenger
Reaction score
This thread is to celebrate G1 without being harrassed. Post all the things you love about G1 here.

This is not a debate thread. If you're not a G1 purist stay clear. :trans:

REPORTED for discrimination against movie lovers! :mad:

:D

I loved that a cartoon aimed at 6 year old kids actually had some continuity between episodes and a storyline that caused you to think. It gave the audience some credit for being intelligent.

I'm not as hardcore as some of you guys, but I still love G1. It's hard to say what I liked best about it, but it's still to this day one of my favorite TV shows animated or otherwise period. I just bought the complete boxed set on Ebay from a seller in China, and the hopefully it will arrive soon. I can't wait I haven't seen many of the episodes since I was in grade school.

I once killed a man for even referencing Armada. :cmad:

This should be renamed

"people who like all things transformers"

since it's not just GI purists

or purists in general who think this film is ****:o

Michael Bay doesn't care about Constructicons

Does everyone here consider Masterforce and Victory part of Generation 1?

I love G1, I have never been able to get into any of the other series'.

I love the dynamic between certain characters: Megatron and Starscream for example.

Optimus Prime is THE greatest machine ever.

While I am willing to go and see the movie, I am disappointed that the robots lack so much personality and charm :(

Also with actors like: Cullen, Welker, Latta, Sue Blu (who later worked on Visionaries) etc the show was amazing.

I loved that a cartoon aimed at 6 year old kids actually had some continuity between episodes and a storyline that caused you to think. It gave the audience some credit for being intelligent.
So what alternate universe did you transit in from. Cause the G1 show in this universe had no more "continuity" between episodes than any other 30 toy commercial on the air before or since.

not sure if anyone can help

But i saw some links to original toon episodes on the web not so long ago!

It was definalty in this forum but i cant find them again!

and i only managed to watch the first episode!

If anyone has any links..... that would be greatly appreciated!

Youtube. Find out the episode names and then search for them. I've found "More than meets the eye" parts 1-3, "Dinobot island" parts 1 and 2, "SOS Dinobots", "Only human", "5 faces of darkness", "Trans-europe express", and a few others.

My two favorite TF comics of all time.......

891sblvl0.jpg

661sblza5.jpg

^^^ have those. I actually totally forgot I have Transformer comics in my collection stored away. I am going to have to go look at them now :)

The G1 Transformers are the real ones to me, none of that Energon, Armada, Cybertron, RID, Beast Wars crap.

G1 is no the best Tf series. Not the worst either, but not the best. It's just the original. And like all first borns it has all the problems. Like continuity, transparently a toy commerical, bad secondary gimmicks.

Beast Wars is the best TF series. And it's sequel Beast Machines is great too.

Is this in reference to the animated series only? Because if it includes the comics then G1 is by far the greatest incarnation, nuf said.

The G1 comic sucked. I tend to dislike Tf comics in general. I expect some variation between page and screen. But no the "we kept the names and desgins only" BS.

The G1 comic sucked. I tend to dislike Tf comics in general. I expect some variation between page and screen. But no the "we kept the names and desgins only" BS.
No, the comic kicked ass. It's essentially what the show should of been and what Beast Wars was. They actually made it edgey, it had gray characters (like Grimlock for instance, who wasn't a dolt), Optimus wasn't completely perfect, Prowl actually had a character, and they did things that were a lot more interesting when encoporating toys, plus it lacked muddled continuity issues. You do realize, oh BW fan, that most of BW was built off of the G1 comic. BW, while it seems to take from the cartoon in continuity actually used Simon Furman's and Bob Budinsky's mythic take on the franchise.

Does everyone here consider Masterforce and Victory part of Generation 1?

I do. Masterforce was a continuation, due to the fact Chromedome made an apperance, so he was in the same universe. Victory just continued Masterforce, and finally Zone was the final episode of G1. Wish they would have made more episodes of Zone, That show ROCKED!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"