• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Peter Sarsgaard & Hector Hammond Thread

But we're talking blood here. The MPAA is more cautious with the blood.

Depending on the person, a burnt face is less disturbing than a man who's brain is growing out of his head with blood spewing out. Neither bother me but the MPAA is still sensitive about it.

If only Wolverine showed some freaking blood.

It could be Off-Screen. Hector screams in pain, falls to his knees and we only see Green Lantern's horrified expression and hear the sound of the scalp being breached.

well with pg 13 rating you can get away with alot of things these days. also more so if the director pushs on the studio on things.

Exactly.....look at Avatar...it got away with plenty IMO.

But I would expect we see the brain breach off camera most likely with GL looking on in horror.

But we're talking blood here. The MPAA is more cautious with the blood.

Depending on the person, a burnt face is less disturbing than a man who's brain is growing out of his head with blood spewing out. Neither bother me but the MPAA is still sensitive about it.

If only Wolverine showed some freaking blood.

off topic

I shall never forget that Wolverine (the movie) had the worst CGi shot in a mainstream film. that being the bathroom scene.

Hector's head breaching is not so much the issue in terms of history, or even blood pumping everywhere, but rather the psichological terror related to it. In Superman Returns, when Luthor stabs Superman in the back, the image stays with you, even if there is no single drop of blood.

There is a movie called Jaccob's ladder, is a good supense movie with some interesting special effects. I think for the head effect they could use something like the head moving in the scene 2 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoRj0YFOqjk&feature=related

I recomend this video, specially to Jake Cassidy, now this is really some scary sh... man!!

i cant wait to see find out what they have in store for hammond's powered up look.

well with pg 13 rating you can get away with alot of things these days. also more so if the director pushs on the studio on things.
but not with gore. fact.

you can use editing to get some tension and make it ''dark'' with the feel of the scene.
but no gore.

Peter Sarsgaard and his wifey, Maggie Gylenhaal, were at an Oscar event on Feb 15, adn Peter had a shaved head. Is it for Green Lantern? Is this his 'Hector' look?

Now, I doubt that his hair will grow back much by production time and I'm sure he did this on purpose. Unless he's gonna wear a wig (I really doubt it. his hair kinda thinning but he looked fine in The Orphan and An Education), this could be it.

What do you guys think?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3581775616/nm0765597

Peter Sarsgaard and his wifey, Maggie Gylenhaal, were at an Oscar event on Feb 15, adn Peter had a shaved head. Is it for Green Lantern? Is this his 'Hector' look?

Now, I doubt that his hair will grow back much by production time and I'm sure he did this on purpose. Unless he's gonna wear a wig (I really doubt it. his hair kinda thinning but he looked fine in The Orphan and An Education), this could be it.

What do you guys think?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3581775616/nm0765597

Perhaps the first stuff they're filming is Hector with the head so he had to shave it for that purpose.

yea maybe he is wearing a wig, or like above poster said maybe he has to work with some head makeup/posthesitic work.

Peter Sarsgaard’s makeup tests with the enlarged head look cool. He has wild hair, kind of like Jason Lee in “My Name is Earl” and, of course, the kind of traditional Hector Hammond stache.

So that means that poor Peter is going to wear a wig for the film since his head is shaved. His hair has been thinning in the past couple of years (post Jar Head) so it's no longer that thick.

The funny thing is that, with those prosthetics, he looks kinda like Nick Cave.

hector-hammond-first-look.jpg

Is it just me, or even when utilizing the traditional design, it STILL looks weird, and not exactly in a good way?

:huh:

peter looks creepy as heck. Looks good in my opinion, cant wait to see how everything turns out for him, and what he is actually wearing in scenes.

lol if i was him id walk into a starbucks with that on, they shouldve gave him more hair tho instead of making him look like he was balding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"