• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Official Punisher by Rick Remender / Punisher MAX thread

I also like how he's taking away the interpretation that the Punisher might be insane, which is really dragging down In the Blood for me.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/c2e2-punisher-greg-rucka-110320.html
- Gotham Central style writing, street-level and human.
-
Nrama: So this definitely is a “back to basics” take on the Punisher?
Rucka: That I think is a very fair way to put it. I ain’t trying to reinvent a wheel here. He’s got a real clear agenda. His damage is clear, and everybody knows it, and he’s not carrying a whole lot of emotional baggage because of it. There’s the baggage he’s got that comes from what happened to his family and what he experienced prior, but beyond that, the agenda’s pretty clear. And I like that simplicity; I think there’s something actually rather elegant in it.
- Rucka is still planning what happens when the heroes start to notice Punisher killing spree, in other words he's not sure what characters should make a cameo, if any at all?
- A cop with a problematic relationship with Frank is one of the supporting characters, or atleast he's there in #1.

Oh man, the more I read of Rucka the more I want to give him a manhug. This guy gets it;
-He wants him to be in his own universe of sorts, but not completely separate from the MU
-I like the lessened talking idea, it could be interesting if done right.

- "One of the things I’ve liked about Frank is, y’know, no cops, no women and children. He’ll shoot the women who are shooting at him [laughs], but he’s got his rules of engagement. He’s always been fair to cops. I’m not sure that he particularly likes them. That’s another thing that we’re toying with. "

This right there shows he's not going to be painted as a loose cannon psycho who's one day going to snap or gun down kids (AHEM Runaways? I'd like you to stay after class)

-He's not going to try and have his war end, cure him, or cover the origin again. Thank God! Man gets it more and more!

Nice - this looks good, and much more appropriate art that the current run in Max. I like Rucka and hope this run will be the Punisher as how he should be done. The white gloves and boots look to be gone too as the big shot preview had me worried. Pleased with this as Rucka seems to get the character :)

Right just got the final issue of remenders run on the Punisher and I am so glad its over. One of the most shallow runs on a character I have ever read and one of the worst versions of the Punisher, I put it down with mob punisher, zombisher and fractions mess. Thank goodness this is over! :woot:

I stopped reading it with issue three. Just going to stick with Max for now, unless the reviews for the new series look good (and by reviews, I mean what you all say).

Right just got the final issue of remenders run on the Punisher and I am so glad its over. One of the most shallow runs on a character I have ever read and one of the worst versions of the Punisher, I put it down with mob punisher, zombisher and fractions mess. Thank goodness this is over! :woot:

Lol to me In The Blood is very like Mke Baron's work on Punisher, back in the day!

I liked it and no way did I think it was as bad as Black Punisher, Captain America Punisher, Ostanders run on the Punisher (mob Frank), or hate Ray repoter killing Punisher, and the ones mentioned above by Cthulhu, I enjoyed it for what it was, A soild Punisher tale.

Last edited:
I really didn't like In the Blood. Frank was just far too much of a dick. Glad that Remender fixed the Punisher's age problem, but I'm glad that he's done with the character. Really looking forward to Rucka's take on the character.

Yeah I can say I am glad In the Blood is over, was not the biggest fan of it. I really wish Frank would have killed Jigsaw. I am very much looking forward to Rucka starting.

I thought it was all okay, but the last issue was a let down. I liked some of the moments, but I ended up feeling like "that was it? It cleaned itself up way too easily" Oh well, bring on Rucka. I wonder if the "youger" Frank thing will be forgotten? It hasn't been mentioned much (or at all by Frank, not even a, "I feel stronger than I have in years"). There was the stuff in an interview around FrankenCastle's end, and Micro said he looks young and healthy but overall, it's seemed to have been forgotten.

The countdown to Rucka's first issue is gonnna hurt. :dry: Is it here yet? How about now?

Still nothing? :(

I thought it was all okay, but the last issue was a let down. I liked some of the moments, but I ended up feeling like "that was it? It cleaned itself up way too easily" Oh well, bring on Rucka. I wonder if the "youger" Frank thing will be forgotten? It hasn't been mentioned much (or at all by Frank, not even a, "I feel stronger than I have in years"). There was the stuff in an interview around FrankenCastle's end, and Micro said he looks young and healthy but overall, it's seemed to have been forgotten.

The countdown to Rucka's first issue is gonnna hurt. :dry: Is it here yet? How about now?

He's still the same age, but in a body that is more believable age. It doesn't need to be constantly mentioned the same way that the younger bodies of Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen, etc. aren't constantly mentioned. The Punisher being in a body that is physically 35 while still keeping his Vietnam War roots works for the character. And it's a lot better than Marvel constantly trying to make characters such as Iron Man and Spider-Man younger for no real reason.

He's still the same age, but in a body that is more believable age. It doesn't need to be constantly mentioned the same way that the younger bodies of Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen, etc. aren't constantly mentioned. The Punisher being in a body that is physically 35 while still keeping his Vietnam War roots works for the character. And it's a lot better than Marvel constantly trying to make characters such as Iron Man and Spider-Man younger for no real reason.

Totally agreed, and I think that was one of the better things to come out of this run (for a while many fans have been looking for way around the age thing without them removing the 'Nam aspect of his character--which would be a massive disservice. You can't tack on a generic war for Frank to have been in in my opinion.) I may have mistyped, I meant that he's physically younger like you said, and the only reason I wanted it made mention of was I was afraid a future writer would have glossed over that, think he's still quite old and do a "wow, Frank's not as young as he used to be" type of arc, only one that wouldn't be as awesome as Aaron's current direction.

Agreed on the random de-aging of characters for no reason. It doesn't really work with many characters.

Yea so very true, in fact it's going too be a loooong summer, till it arrives...

Let's hope PunisherMAX keeps my Punisher fix going.....

Last edited:
Bryan Hitch will be doing variant covers for the upcoming Punisher relaunch.

Just read the new PunisherMAX and I can't believe how much I love this book. This issue was awesome. I was one of those people that gave up hope when Ennis left but man was I wrong too.

After a few years of no Punisher comics I bought a few of Fractions TPB's and Resurrection of Ma Gnucci. I'll give my thoughts once I've read through them.

After a few years of no Punisher comics I bought a few of Fractions TPB's and Resurrection of Ma Gnucci. I'll give my thoughts once I've read through them.

Fraction's work on the Punisher?

Noooooooooooo ! Put the TPB down NOW! And step away from it! Lol

Just read the new PunisherMAX and I can't believe how much I love this book. This issue was awesome. I was one of those people that gave up hope when Ennis left but man was I wrong too.

yea we need to let more readers/ fans know this!

I think many fans that left when Ennis did would actually really like the current run by Aaron......

Jason Aaron's run is the closest to Ennis'. In terms of quality and the way it has seemed like a natural progression of the character from what Ennis built.

I liked Gischler's arc on MAX. I was hoping he was going to stay on but they decided to relaunch. Maybe down the road he'll come back.

I liked Gischler's arc on MAX. I was hoping he was going to stay on but they decided to relaunch. Maybe down the road he'll come back.

yea he wrote my favorite post Ennis Punisher MAX arc The one set in the deep south and also one of Favorite one shots to, Little Black Book.

He could always write one of the upcoming one shots for Punisher MAX.....

PunisherMAX # 13 is out Wednesday ! Can't wait !

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"