• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The official SUPERMAN/BATMAN discussion thread

I haven't been a regular reader of the book since Loeb left but my son picked it up last week because he thought the cover looked cool. It was probably his favorite book in a long time. He was cracking up the entire time...so much so that his little brother wanted to read it, too to find out what all the fuss was about.

He does a review site, now so if you're interested in his review of S/B 51 (and many others) please check it out.

http://kidscomicbooks.blogspot.com/

Superman/Batman is going two for two on plots that make me gag but end up being awesome.

Yeah Best book By DC EASILY!

anyone have pics of Lil Batman and Batman from Supes/Bats 51? the Goshdarn Batman pic?

Yeah, wonky title, but this time next week it can be retitled by Corp or anther mod.

2gslttj.jpg

Greetings, DC Nation! This week we are beyond excited to preview art from a project that is coming to your local comic shop very soon. This is one of those great books that make us all stand around the editor's office going "wow." Can you guess what it is?
Someone at CBR suggested a sequel of sorts to Wednesday Comics, but the art strikes as somewhat indie-ish (though I think that Freeze might be Quietly, not sure), so I was thinking DC might be doing an anthology in the vein of Marvel's recent Strange Tales (DC kind of had that with Solo, but I don't think it's being published anymore).

So, anyone got other thoughts...or interest...at all?

I'm interested, but I have no idea what it's going to be.

The first series was great, it's collected in a nice hardcover now so I wish I'd waited for that. I won't buy this untill it's collected.

I'd be all for an ongoing anthology.

If it's another Wednesday Comics, I'm sure I'll be as uninterested as I was the first time around. Cast whatever aspersions you like, but at $3 or, increasingly, $4 a pop, I like to read comics that build the overall universe or at least add to a character's personal history, not out of continuity stuff.

I adore comic projects that just let creators and artists loose. I'm up for it.

Eh... but, what would Hal and Sinestro be doing there?

Not sure but the issue is going to have a Red Robin/Superboy story drawn by Manapul and the picture has Superboy and Red Robin drawn by Manapul.

OH MY GOSH!
Yes, if this is a sequel of Wednesday Comics I am so excited to buy it.
I can't wait. Some awesome art and interesting non continuity stuff.
wee-ow!

And I was right.

It's a Bat and Azzarello's Joker/Luthor team-up sound interesting.

Ah, well, I guess a mod can rename, merge, or lock this now. Well, that is kind of disappointing, but I may pick this up, though, sounds like a lot of interesting content.

Ah, well, I guess a mod can rename, merge, or lock this now. Well, that is kind of disappointing, but I may pick this up, though, sounds like a lot of interesting content.
Oh yeah, that's me. The search function was taking for-frakkin'-ever, so I just renamed this one "Superman/Batman." If there's another S/B thread, post a link and I'll merge them.

The Luthor/Joker team-up sounds full of win, simply because Azzarello and Bermejo are doing it. Loved "Man of Steel" and "Joker". Bermejo draws probably the best Joker i've ever seen and I love his Batman costume design that hit perfection in "Joker". Here's hoping they reprint the Batman/Deathblow book, as I can't find it and it's expensive on Amazon.

The Luthor/Joker team-up sounds full of win, simply because Azzarello and Bermejo are doing it. Loved "Man of Steel" and "Joker". Bermejo draws probably the best Joker i've ever seen and I love his Batman costume design that hit perfection in "Joker". Here's hoping they reprint the Batman/Deathblow book, as I can't find it and it's expensive on Amazon.

Lex Luthor is getting a re-print with extra material included. So cross yer fingers for Batman/Deathblow. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"