The official SUPERMAN/BATMAN discussion thread

Corp also likes Kelly's Deadpool. So i'm sure he'd enjoy Annual #1 along with Annual #2.

But that's what made it funny. Rob Liefeld created Deadpool as a Deathstroke rip-off. Hell, even when he was created Fabian Nicieza went to Liefeld and flatout told him that Deadpool was a blatant plagarization of Deathstroke.

Having alternate-universe Deathstroke being a Deadpool rip-off was funny in that it turned the tables. That and the fact that Joe Kelly wrote Deadpool.
Not to mention the fact that Kelly is the one who basically fleshed out Deadpool's actual personality and did most of the legwork in getting him over his blatantly plagiaristic beginnings to make him a decent character in his own right. So there's some irony there.

14wub2b.jpg

:wow: I'm looking forward to this issue. Joe Kelly is writing genius .

So how many ass shots are we getting by Benes and what female heros will they be of?

TheCorpulent1 said:
I demand some ass shots of Batman, damn it. EQUALITY!!! :cmad:

He should do an entire comic which is nothing but ass shots of heroes and heroines :awesome:

So, I happened to found this at another board; it details what stories, and from whom, will be in issue 75. I'll spoiler tag it for those who are planning to pick it up, but for those on the fence, this might be something you're interested in:

spoilers:
Levitz/Ordway: A LOSH story that involves Batman and Supes to a minor extent

Seagle/Kristiansen: Weird "story"/parody. Involves Seagle getting call to write a 2 page story for issue 75, but he declines. Yeah I know

Tucci: Kids playing S/B dress up at a comic con and taking down "villains"

Hughes: Sort of a quick run through of the Supergirl and Batgirl legacies. Could have easily been a poster.

Krul/Manapul: Tim/Connor seek advice/answers regarding the Tim and Cassie relationship from Dick/Clark.

Thompson: 2 pin-ups of Selina and Lois

Green/Johnson/Davis/Albuquerque: A follow up to the S/B issue (issues?) with the child Batman & Superman.

Rouleau: An objective look at "who is best at being a superhero's best friend?" comparing Krypto and Ace

Azzarello/Bermejo: JOKER AND LEX. 'Nuff said. Actually.... more should be said. It's Joker & Lex done in the style of Calvin & Hobbes
biggrin.gif

Finch: Details in first post

Tomasi/Ha: Father & son talk about the times they've played pretend and defeated DCU villains
end of spoilers

To be honest...I'm not as sure now.

The best story was Conner and Damian in the future as Conner is now Superman and Damian still 666 Batman and Conner explains to Damian why he is lost and why the world still needs a Superman and Batman. Also it seems Terry in the future is Robin.

Yeah Finch's dialogue was nothing cringe worthy or anything. It was pretty good/decent really. I think Damian is abou to retire as Batman, as he's talking about how he feels Terry is getting pressured as he's about to go all solo.

I loved Azzarello's Joker and Luthor story. It was very simple, but so true to the characters.

So, I happened to found this at another board; it details what stories, and from whom, will be in issue 75. I'll spoiler tag it for those who are planning to pick it up, but for those on the fence, this might be something you're interested in:

spoilers:
Levitz/Ordway: A LOSH story that involves Batman and Supes to a minor extent

Seagle/Kristiansen: Weird "story"/parody. Involves Seagle getting call to write a 2 page story for issue 75, but he declines. Yeah I know

Tucci: Kids playing S/B dress up at a comic con and taking down "villains"

Hughes: Sort of a quick run through of the Supergirl and Batgirl legacies. Could have easily been a poster.

Krul/Manapul: Tim/Connor seek advice/answers regarding the Tim and Cassie relationship from Dick/Clark.

Thompson: 2 pin-ups of Selina and Lois

Green/Johnson/Davis/Albuquerque: A follow up to the S/B issue (issues?) with the child Batman & Superman.

Rouleau: An objective look at "who is best at being a superhero's best friend?" comparing Krypto and Ace

Azzarello/Bermejo: JOKER AND LEX. 'Nuff said. Actually.... more should be said. It's Joker & Lex done in the style of Calvin & Hobbes
biggrin.gif

Finch: Details in first post

Tomasi/Ha: Father & son talk about the times they've played pretend and defeated DCU villains
end of spoilers

To be honest...I'm not as sure now.
Sounds incredibly boring. That seems to happen whenever they split an issue up between like 8 creative teams. It's nice to think of it as an all-star issue, but in practice, no one has any time to actually do anything worthwhile. I was never even on the fence for it, myself; I happily passed. I'm looking forward to Kelly's issue(s), though.

My shop sold out of issue 75 before I got there, but this list probably convinced me not to buy it as well. Probably the big time that caught my idea was the Seagle story, that was said to be a sequel or sorts to It's a Bird..., which I highly enjoyed. Though, it's just a two-page story of him getting called about this issue and refusing a proper story...just meh.

A lot of those sound like cool ideas, but kind of 'whateva' executions.

Seagle got too meta for his own good. :D

Have you read It's a Bird..., by chance? It's a Vertigo GN he wrote about him, a potential gig to write Superman, and his hated of the character. I assume that story fits in that context...but still, that just sounds kind of lackluster from what I was expecting.

Yeah, I read it. The Superman stuff was just one element in a much more personal story there, though. It sounds like the one in this issue is not so much a sequel as a story about him not wanting to write Superman again simply because there's a precedent in It's a Bird, not for any kind of meaningful point. Metafiction for metafiction's sake.

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. I don't know how you would tackle a sequel or follow up to that story anyhow, maybe he didn't either...

I don't know, I'm just speculating. Neither of us have read the thing, so we probably shouldn't be commenting on it one way or the other. :o

I picked up Superman/Batman 75, it was pretty cute and fun. I kind of wish there were longer stories instead of several writers and artists doing 2 page skits but it was an enjoyable ride.

The little Joker and Luthor story was the best one I think
icon14.gif

Why did Paul Levitz get such a long story? It was boring on top of everything. Finch was the best if you as me. That would be a nice elseworlds.

wlyxps.jpg

>SUPERMAN/BATMAN #79
>Written by CHRIS ROBERSON
>Art by JESUS MERINO
>Cover by FIONA STAPLES
>Get ready to go back to the 853rd century as SUPERMAN/BATMAN visits the world of DC ONE MILLION! What dangerous foe threatens to destroy both the 853rd and 21st centuries? Find out here in the first part of a 2-part story by Chris Roberson (I, ZOMBIE) and Jesus Merino (JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA)!
>On sale DECEMBER 22 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"