The Official Superman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This thread is for where we can come to discuss all the Superman titles including Superboy and Supergirl and Earth-One.
ActionComicsKubert2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll say the same thing I said in a variation of this thread in the Superman Comics forum: I am not looking forward to anything at all from this team. Johns should stay the hell away from Superman and go back to writing The Flash.

EDIT: And Jor-El looks like a hippie. I'm surprised he's not drawn wearing sandals and sporting a ponytail.

I am just looking forward to the return of Rudy but I do wonder how they will pull that one off. Also I do what to see what Donner would have done if he made Superman III. I just hate the idea of a kid coming into the comics though I hated for the movie and I hate it for here but what can you do. Atleast its not as bad as what Spider-Man been going threw.

Knowing Johns, his version of the Parasite will be like his SA counterpart and won't have any facial features.

And I'm willing to bet that nobody in the comic is going to notice the difference.

Oh snap, Wizard is gonna sue your ass.

I can't say I'm excited about this. Especially not with adding a little kid into the mix.

Superman
Superdog
Supergirl
Superkid

It's all falling into place...

Oh SNAP! Superboy? :csad:

^^^bwhahaha. anyways ill get this only for the art. i hate the idea of a kid coming into the comics, ughhh:( and like i said this idea is extremely rehashed from the dean kane superman show.

I'm buying this just because, I don't know, I'm on a Superman kick as of late. I was picking up both Superman and Action for the big OYL story of course, but I've recently let my roommate start buying Superman while I stick with Action because of monetary feasibility and there's no way I'm taking Pacheco's nice art over Woods' great art. The downside, it seems, is in the long run, however, as I'm not really looking forward to Donner's interference. I'll tough it out though, probably.

more like, they're both good, but pete woods' superman stuff is clearly better

Donner is co writing a mainstream superman comic.....interesting I love richard donner work, and superman the movie and superman 2 are classic stuff period. I dun know how i fell about him putting his ideas in a superman comic book. Basciallly since donner is gonna co write action comics, then here are my otherrecomendations to DC comics.

[all sarcasm buy the way]

1. Tim Burton and Frank Millar should co write detective comics lol!
2.Dean Cain should take over the reigns of all-star superman after grant morrison silly run is over!
3.Brandon routh,Bryan Singar, and Grant morrison should work on Superman.
4.Michael Keaton and loeb should do a long run on Batman this spring.
5.Tom welling should write super-girl after greg rucker is done with his run.

so lets hope we get more grandscale team ups like these soon!

the idea of lois wanting to have a kid with clark was introduced in rucka's run, long before the movie was even finished filming....so i do not think its a case of comics immitating their movie counterpart.

Eros said:
Donner is co writing a mainstream superman comic.....interesting I love richard donner work, and superman the movie and superman 2 are classic stuff period. I dun know how i fell about him putting his ideas in a superman comic book. Basciallly since donner is gonna co write action comics, then here are my otherrecomendations to DC comics.

[all sarcasm buy the way]

1. Tim Burton and Frank Millar should co write detective comics lol!
2.Dean Cain should take over the reigns of all-star superman after grant morrison silly run is over!
3.Brandon routh,Bryan Singar, and Grant morrison should work on Superman.
4.Michael Keaton and loeb should do a long run on Batman this spring.
5.Tom welling should write super-girl after greg rucker is done with his run.

so lets hope we get more grandscale team ups like these soon!
Yes, you didn't need to point out that it was all sarcasm, buy the way. I'm sure nobody here would want Frank Millar on Detective Comics. I really do hope that Greg Rucker cuts his run on Super-Girl a few issues short.

I'm am in no way a fan of Donner's Superman film(s). However, Johns and Kubert on Action Comics, I'm am certainly going to read this upcoming story arc. I haven't picked up the book in a long time.

Not Jake said:
Yes, you didn't need to point out that it was all sarcasm, buy the way. I'm sure nobody here would want Frank Millar on Detective Comics. I really do hope that Greg Rucker cuts his run on Super-Girl a few issues short.
Who's Greg Rucker? Greg Rucka never even started his run on Supergirl either.

Ill check it out, but im not really excited to see this.

I don't know,a run through Superman's rogues gallery,a new creative team,a recent Superman kick on my part not knowing where to start off,I'm going to be getting this for sure.

GNR4Life said:
I don't know,a run through Superman's rogues gallery,a new creative team,a recent Superman kick on my part not knowing where to start off,I'm going to be getting this for sure.
The thing about that one is that Johns has already demonstrated that he can't write Superman's rogues without turning to the Silver Age stories for influence, and/or contradicting their previously established personalities. The only exception to this, it seems, is the Prankster.

I will be completely and utterly surprised if he actually brings anything new to the table for Superman's villains that doesn't contradict what we already know about them. Angry Bizarro is already bordering on this.

why is it, that Jor-el is always this old guy, and Lara is always this young 20 something looking woman? I dun get why Lara cannot be closer to her "husband" Jor-el in age, but for be it for me to try and understand the yearly changes to superman "Official" origin.

"The Son of Superman"

Ties into 52, doesn't it. Something like that was on Hunter's board.

Eros said:
why is it, that Jor-el is always this old guy, and Lara is always this young 20 something looking woman? I dun get why Lara cannot be closer to her "husband" Jor-el in age, but for be it for me to try and understand the yearly changes to superman "Official" origin.
Considering how much movie influence is going into Superman comics lately, and seeing as how both Donner and Johns worked on the original movies, the difference between Jor-El and Lara's age comes as no shock to me. :o

Who wants to bet Lex Luthor will start wearing a wig next time we see him?

Green Lantern said:
Who's Greg Rucker? Greg Rucka never even started his run on Supergirl either.
As a hint, I will tell you to re-read my post and note that I never make typos. As a suggestion, I will tell you to take your dick out of your ear and sew it back onto your crotch stump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"