The Official Superman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I cant wait for this I really cant. I am not reading any Superman book at the moment until this comes out.

Green Lantern said:
Who's Greg Rucker? Greg Rucka never even started his run on Supergirl either.

yes he did, he did the first issue, then now if you look at it it says story by greg rucka and wretten by kelly

so, does the creative team on this book mean that Action Comics is the flagship superman title, or is that busieks book?

Motown Marvel said:
the idea of lois wanting to have a kid with clark was introduced in rucka's run, long before the movie was even finished filming....so i do not think its a case of comics immitating their movie counterpart.

Most definitely.

Can't wait for this. Should be a classic.

Spike_x1 said:
The thing about that one is that Johns has already demonstrated that he can't write Superman's rogues without turning to the Silver Age stories for influence, and/or contradicting their previously established personalities. The only exception to this, it seems, is the Prankster.

I will be completely and utterly surprised if he actually brings anything new to the table for Superman's villains that doesn't contradict what we already know about them. Angry Bizarro is already bordering on this.

Nothing wrong with turning to Silver Age. You didn't like how he wrote Lex Luthor?

Spike_x1 said:
Who wants to bet Lex Luthor will start wearing a wig next time we see him?

I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind Lex wearing wigs as long as it's meant to act as a disguise.

The Sage said:
Nothing wrong with turning to Silver Age. You didn't like how he wrote Lex Luthor?
Hell no? What was your first clue?

I always enjoy Luthor in Kryptonian krystal armored robot launching tanks. :whatever:

Wait, that was Luthor? I thought Snidely Whiplash had gone bald. :o

Ummm no, Snidely Whiplash has a moustache, duh The Question:whatever:

Ugh, Superman just keeps getting worse. Yet another crappy version of Krypton? Angry Bizarro? I love Donner's original film, but it wasnt a good representation of Superman's world. I swear, if Luthor becomes all campy....

At least were not getting Brando Jor-El.

No, you're gettin Connery Jor-el. Will it be James Bond Connery or Highlander Connery?

Zardoz Connery.

zardoz.jpg

Holy s**t. When asked why he wears red underwear on the outside of his pants, Superman answered, with a tear in his eye, "In memory of my father."

The Question said:

Yes, actually. Though it's been a while since I read it but I remember it being good.

Spike_x1 said:
Hell no? What was your first clue?

The hatred spewing from your avatar.

This sounds really cool :up:
Angry Bizarro sounds awesome.

Up Up and Away killed Lex Luthor's character for a lot of us. :(

That's some gorgeous art right there. I'm really looking forward to seeing some finished interior pages.

Whoa, what did those guys do to piss Supes off like that?

Tell him the plot of Superman Returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back