The Official Superman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman

The only hero brave enough to tackle real issues by sending a child to talk to some crack dealers for him :dry:

Kid: Now get out of neighborhood! *Sounds of guns arming* Superman help!
Superman: I help those that help themselves *Walks away...quickly*

Not even Superman wants to be in that area of town at night.

:lmao:

Superman: sorry kid your over there now. I only help people over here.

Open that up and tell me who it says is the writer now :o

2aeux45.jpg

The greatest Superman encounter of all time

well after digging behind my bed (because that's where i chucked it when i was done reading this piece of crap) i found it and it said JMS Plot biggest letters under Grounded and Chris Roberson script in smaller letters.

Right, the general plot is still his, but he's departed from writing. Unless they're shoveling BS, Roberson and Hester pretty much have full reign to do what they want from JMS's point A to B. So, you don't have to worry about JMS ruining the marriage, unless of course, point B is ruining the marriage.

Right, the general plot is still his, but he's departed from writing. Unless they're shoveling BS, Roberson and Hester pretty much have full reign to do what they want from JMS's point A to B. So, you don't have to worry about JMS ruining the marriage, unless of course, point B is ruining the marriage.

that was pretty much my point

That's crazy. There's nothing to indicate JMS's ultimate point is to ruin the marriage. It's obvious he's out to ruin Superman as a single entity.

Good point :hehe:

but he ruined the greatest marriage in Marvel Comics and now he's doing the same for DC :mad:

My only real issue with grounded was how every black person that pop up in the story was either lazy, had no job, sealing drugs, or playing sports talking slang. When that is not he we are at all. Not all black people act like the ones you see on Maury or BET/MTV that is only a small portion of us.

He has gone to some pretty ghetto cities though. If he walked to the Hamptons and there were black people selling drugs and talkin jive, then I might be offended.

He has gone to some pretty ghetto cities though. If he walked to the Hamptons and there were black people selling drugs and talkin jive, then I might be offended.

whatcha talkin bout willis? :huh:

jive talkin is what its all about...:whatever:

Good point :hehe:

but he ruined the greatest marriage in Marvel Comics and now he's doing the same for DC :mad:

No, Joe Quesada ruined the greatest marriage in Marvel Comics. Joe Quesada wanted to end the marriage and Marvel editorial told him that they were taking him off the book and revamping Spider-Man. They gave him the option of writing One More Day to be his last Spider-Man story and he accepted it. But he ended up being so dissatisfied that he ended up quitting and Joe Quesada took over the writing duties. Even though JMS' name was credited, Amazing Spider-Man #545, which ended the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage was 100% written by Joe Quesada. If you actually read the JMS' run on Amazing Spider-Man, he put a lot of heart and soul into their marriage and it's pretty obvious that he was against ending the marriage. Blame Joe Quesada on this one, not JMS.

Also, the issues of Superman that JMS wrote, Superman was rather polite to Lois. And the interlude issues written by G. Willow Wilson has Superman and Lois very much in love. The latest issue that was written by Chris Roberson, is the one where Superman is a total dick to Lois. So blame Chris Roberson on this one, not JMS. If JMS continued writing Superman, I think that Superman would have been a bit more respectful in his reasoning towards Lois. JMS' Superman was only a dick to those who really deserved it like the drug dealers in Philadelphia and the abusive father in Chicago.

I'm sorry but the whole "grounded" arc sucks from start to finish...

Superman is THE hero of heroes and his title has been subpar for the last couple of years...its like each arc has been worse then the last...

I think the Brainiac arc that proceeded all the garbage of NK and WONK and WOS and now Grounded was the last good story...

Clark deserves so much better then this...

No, Joe Quesada ruined the greatest marriage in Marvel Comics. Joe Quesada wanted to end the marriage and Marvel editorial told him that they were taking him off the book and revamping Spider-Man. They gave him the option of writing One More Day to be his last Spider-Man story and he accepted it. But he ended up being so dissatisfied that he ended up quitting and Joe Quesada took over the writing duties. Even though JMS' name was credited, Amazing Spider-Man #545, which ended the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage was 100% written by Joe Quesada. If you actually read the JMS' run on Amazing Spider-Man, he put a lot of heart and soul into their marriage and it's pretty obvious that he was against ending the marriage. Blame Joe Quesada on this one, not JMS.

Also, the issues of Superman that JMS wrote, Superman was rather polite to Lois. And the interlude issues written by G. Willow Wilson has Superman and Lois very much in love. The latest issue that was written by Chris Roberson, is the one where Superman is a total dick to Lois. So blame Chris Roberson on this one, not JMS. If JMS continued writing Superman, I think that Superman would have been a bit more respectful in his reasoning towards Lois. JMS' Superman was only a dick to those who really deserved it like the drug dealers in Philadelphia and the abusive father in Chicago.

The Wilson issues were better than the JMS ones. The Perry White issue was actually the highlight of the entire run lol

I'm sorry but the whole "grounded" arc sucks from start to finish...

Superman is THE hero of heroes and his title has been subpar for the last couple of years...its like each arc has been worse then the last...

I think the Brainiac arc that proceeded all the garbage of NK and WONK and WOS and now Grounded was the last good story...

Clark deserves so much better then this...

I'm gonna go ahead and say you didn't read any issues of Grounded and say your opinion doesn't count :yay:

You said somewhere else that you haven't read comics in 2 years

yeah i took a hiatus for awhile but when i came back to the hype i started catchin up on some new things...picked up some trades to catch me up to speed and the grounded arc i looked at in my local shop...

nowadays its fairly easy to catch up on a few years of back issues with like 4 trades and maybe 4 or 5 back issues...

nonetheless I dont like the story at all...like that its a year long story even less...

I think that it's getting cut short now that JMS is gone. I think that DC wants to move on from this debacle as quickly as possible.

its a bad day in Superman when he sends a child to confront drug dealers on his behalf...

Superman is thinking I'mma go get a burrito. Let that kid deal with the heavily armed crack heads.

And the kid is totally making this face as Superman wanders off :dry:

That's crazy. There's nothing to indicate JMS's ultimate point is to ruin the marriage. It's obvious he's out to ruin Superman as a single entity.

;_;

Someone has to save Superman

This looks like a job for Paul Cornell!

I loves the Joker :atp:

This is going to be the second best comic of febuary Paul Cornell has made Action Comics one of the most :awesome: comic books ever

And I can't get the voices of Clancy Brown and Mark Hamill out of my head. Their lines sound straight out of the show. Especially the haircut joke.

Anyway, Superman/Batman was very fun this week and keeps me optimistic for Superman's future. Roberson sure knows how to write a fun comic. There was even a cameo by the Superman of the Fifth Dimension from All Star Superman.

And I can't get the voices of Clancy Brown and Mark Hamill out of my head. Their lines sound straight out of the show. Especially the haircut joke.

Joker and Lex make me :lmao: when they get together

They make a fab comedy duo

Anyway, Superman/Batman was very fun this week and keeps me optimistic for Superman's future. Roberson sure knows how to write a fun comic. There was even a cameo by the Superman of the Fifth Dimension from All Star Superman.

Fun on a bun :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"