• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past The Ranking the X-Men movies thread

1. XDOFP
2. X2
3. First Class
4. X1
5. The Wolverine
6. x3
7. Origins

6 & 7 are truly horrific though

This so tough..... Especially because when films come out I love them, so I remember my excitement at x1 and giving it 10/10. Over time you always reassess and ultimately compare them to each other.

1. Xmen 2: I think from a story point of view, display of powers, the fact my favourite original cast members are all involved, this is still the best. Overall a balanced film with all the ingredients that make a great film.

2. Xmen: DOFP: This is such a close second and over time might over take x2. I loved the combinations of both cast (although more OT would have swayed to the top.) I love the chemistry between the FC and the 3rd act is incredible.

3. Xmen 1: This is mainly because this is the one that started it all, it has that gritty tone which is so iconic, it really set up the massive story of Charles/Eric. Loved the teenage rogue, loved it when storm comes out of the lift (yes I love THAT line) it has some iconic moments.

4. Xmen: First Class: I think this is very close to being third. I like the storyline, I like the introduction, the idea of mutants playing apart of real history.

5. The Wolverine: This is his best outing, loved Japan and the new characters ( apart from viper, I really couldn't care for her.) I like how it linked back to xmen and him returning to the fold.

6: Xmen: The Last Stand: I loved the idea of the cure and the idea would you take it, i like parts of the Phoenix, (more fire please) there was some shocks and it had some good casting, beast and kitty.

7: xmen origins: loved the opening montage, like his brother relationships. I think it made to many errors overall and comes last.

Overall. I love Xmen so like all of them. Yes, there are issues with a number of them, and the series isn't perfect but I love the films and still want more..... Although more like x2 and DOFP of course.

It took four viewings but now, I can make the list:

X-Men Days of Future Past (1a)
X2 (1b)
The Wolverine (Extended)
X-Men
X-Men First Class
X-Men The Last Stand

1a. X2 9/10
1b. X-Men: DOFP 9/10
2. X-Men: FC 8.7/10

3. The Wolverine 7/10
4. X-Men 6/10
5. X-Men: The Last Stand 6/10

6. Origins 4/10

1. X2
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past
3. X-Men
4. X-Men: The Last Stand
5. X-Men: First Class

1. The Wolverine
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

As of right now this is how I rank them, DOFP is a hair behind X2...for now.

X2: X-Men United
X-Men: Days of Future Past
X-Men
First Class
The Wolverine
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I saw DOFP 3 times... It honestly got better after each viewing. The only other film I've seen more than once in theaters was The Dark Knight... I wish I could go back and change my vote in the poll to a 10/10.

1.) X-Men: Days of Future Past (10/10)
2.) X-2: X-Men United (9/10)
3.) X-Men: First Class (8.5/10)
4.) X-Men (7.5/10)
5.) The Wolverine (7/10)
6.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (4.5/10)
7.) X-Men: The Last Stand (4/10)

1. X-Men: Days Of Future Past (10/10)
2. X-Men 2: X-Men United (9/10)
3. X-Men: First Class (8.5/10)
4.) X-Men (7.5/10)
5. X-Men: The Last Stand (6/10)