The Retro Gaming Thread

Not Jake

Superhero
Reaction score
Anybody been playing your old-school systems recently? Lately I've been busting out my NES and SNES quite a bit. Started a file on Zelda II: Adventure of Link, been playing a little Castlevania as well. On my SNES I've been playing a season on NBA Live '96 for some reason.:confused:

Anyone want to share their recent retro gaming experiences? Or we can just talk about old games. I don't know. I just got in a mood to make a thread.:(

I still dig out the old SNES for a little multiplayer MARIO KART action now and then :)

On the N64:
Goldeneye.
Body Harvest.
StarWars: Shadow of the Empire.
Banjo Tooie.
Perfect Dark.

On the PC:
Half-Life.
Thief.
Quake 2.
Kings Quest 8.

Broke out the N64 the other day, I WILL finish Donkey Kong 64! I also play Super Mario RPG from time to time.

I found this old PC game called Sword of the Samurai that i've been playing a lot lately. I've also become readdicted to Pac-Man.

I played Ms. Pacman on my SNES a couple weeks ago:up:

I was playing Ms. Pacman in the arcade a while ago...I blew like, $3 on the thing...also, I play Sonic Mega Collection Plus for X-Box every now and again, whenever I miss my Genesis...and I plan on picking up the X-Box Street Fighter collection too, for nostalgia

I've been playing SMB 1-3 on my SNES thanks to Mario all-stars, Zelda and Adventure Of Link...(AOL... lol), OOT and Majora's Mask... Love my collector's edition Zelda game... Played Max Carnage last week...
My only nemesis is TMNT for NES... If only I could beat stage three (After the bomb defusing...) Cause it's one of the following: either I get a game over OR The blue screen of death...

I've went back and started looking for some more of my SNES stuff.

I was ticked because my Chrono Trigger files were wiped. I had level 70+ characters on that thing! :(

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
I've been playing SMB 1-3 on my SNES thanks to Mario all-stars, Zelda and Adventure Of Link...(AOL... lol), OOT and Majora's Mask... Love my collector's edition Zelda game... Played Max Carnage last week...
My only nemesis is TMNT for NES... If only I could beat stage three (After the bomb defusing...) Cause it's one of the following: either I get a game over OR The blue screen of death...
I subjected myself to the game-rape that is TMNT for the NES a couple weeks ago:up:

I think I got frustrated and popped in TMNT 30 minutes later

Batman for the NES i played a while ago, after hours of blowing it (hahaha)

I never noticed how good it looked for an NES game, the backrounds were pretty detailed. Also i got the intro song stuck in my head.

BRODIEMAN said:
Batman for the NES i played a while ago, after hours of blowing it (hahaha)
Yeah, you really need to romance those cartridges. They are the spawning grounds of dust bunnies.

I intend to buy an SNES soon, so, yeah, soon! :mad: :D :up:

since when were the 90's considered "retro" :confused:

Lackey said:
since when were the 90's considered "retro" :confused:
since these jackasses' parents decided to consummate in their forties because they were enjoying the the lifestyle of the Reagan babies too much:mad:

Drakon said:
I was ticked because my Chrono Trigger files were wiped. I had level 70+ characters on that thing! :(
That sucks. :(

Recently, I decided to bust out with the Mario RPG on my SNES, and, damn, I forgot how much ass that game kicked. Shame they never made a sequel. :(

Johnny Blaze said:
That sucks. :(

Recently, I decided to bust out with the Mario RPG on my SNES, and, damn, I forgot how much ass that game kicked. Shame they never made a sequel. :(

In all fairness, Paper Mario was supposed to be an "unofficial sequel" to that game. I liked how you were able to fight Culex from FFIV in there.

That's right...I forgot all about Paper Mario. :o

Well then...looks like Nintendo just needs to make a next gen Earthbound game and I'll be happy. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"