• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Retro Gaming Thread

Not Jake

Superhero
Reaction score
Anybody been playing your old-school systems recently? Lately I've been busting out my NES and SNES quite a bit. Started a file on Zelda II: Adventure of Link, been playing a little Castlevania as well. On my SNES I've been playing a season on NBA Live '96 for some reason.:confused:

Anyone want to share their recent retro gaming experiences? Or we can just talk about old games. I don't know. I just got in a mood to make a thread.:(

I still dig out the old SNES for a little multiplayer MARIO KART action now and then :)

On the N64:
Goldeneye.
Body Harvest.
StarWars: Shadow of the Empire.
Banjo Tooie.
Perfect Dark.

On the PC:
Half-Life.
Thief.
Quake 2.
Kings Quest 8.

Broke out the N64 the other day, I WILL finish Donkey Kong 64! I also play Super Mario RPG from time to time.

I found this old PC game called Sword of the Samurai that i've been playing a lot lately. I've also become readdicted to Pac-Man.

I played Ms. Pacman on my SNES a couple weeks ago:up:

I was playing Ms. Pacman in the arcade a while ago...I blew like, $3 on the thing...also, I play Sonic Mega Collection Plus for X-Box every now and again, whenever I miss my Genesis...and I plan on picking up the X-Box Street Fighter collection too, for nostalgia

I've been playing SMB 1-3 on my SNES thanks to Mario all-stars, Zelda and Adventure Of Link...(AOL... lol), OOT and Majora's Mask... Love my collector's edition Zelda game... Played Max Carnage last week...
My only nemesis is TMNT for NES... If only I could beat stage three (After the bomb defusing...) Cause it's one of the following: either I get a game over OR The blue screen of death...

I've went back and started looking for some more of my SNES stuff.

I was ticked because my Chrono Trigger files were wiped. I had level 70+ characters on that thing! :(

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
I've been playing SMB 1-3 on my SNES thanks to Mario all-stars, Zelda and Adventure Of Link...(AOL... lol), OOT and Majora's Mask... Love my collector's edition Zelda game... Played Max Carnage last week...
My only nemesis is TMNT for NES... If only I could beat stage three (After the bomb defusing...) Cause it's one of the following: either I get a game over OR The blue screen of death...
I subjected myself to the game-rape that is TMNT for the NES a couple weeks ago:up:

I think I got frustrated and popped in TMNT 30 minutes later

Batman for the NES i played a while ago, after hours of blowing it (hahaha)

I never noticed how good it looked for an NES game, the backrounds were pretty detailed. Also i got the intro song stuck in my head.

BRODIEMAN said:
Batman for the NES i played a while ago, after hours of blowing it (hahaha)
Yeah, you really need to romance those cartridges. They are the spawning grounds of dust bunnies.

I intend to buy an SNES soon, so, yeah, soon! :mad: :D :up:

since when were the 90's considered "retro" :confused:

Lackey said:
since when were the 90's considered "retro" :confused:
since these jackasses' parents decided to consummate in their forties because they were enjoying the the lifestyle of the Reagan babies too much:mad:

Drakon said:
I was ticked because my Chrono Trigger files were wiped. I had level 70+ characters on that thing! :(
That sucks. :(

Recently, I decided to bust out with the Mario RPG on my SNES, and, damn, I forgot how much ass that game kicked. Shame they never made a sequel. :(

Johnny Blaze said:
That sucks. :(

Recently, I decided to bust out with the Mario RPG on my SNES, and, damn, I forgot how much ass that game kicked. Shame they never made a sequel. :(

In all fairness, Paper Mario was supposed to be an "unofficial sequel" to that game. I liked how you were able to fight Culex from FFIV in there.

That's right...I forgot all about Paper Mario. :o

Well then...looks like Nintendo just needs to make a next gen Earthbound game and I'll be happy. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"