The Retro Gaming Thread

Played Tecmo Super Bowl last night, gearing up for a revival.:o Myself and 3 other buddies are having a Tecmo tourney, in which we each take a team and run through the season. Gotta practice up. Never was that great at Tecmo.:o

Not Jake, Why do you look for the original cartridge games for Mega Man when you can just play it on Mega Man anniversary?

......& coincidentally, Cable, Iron Man & BB Hood are the ultimate blaster team. Any person using these characters in a match is weak/cheap to begin w/ and are the reason that those type of characters are banned in local MvsC 2 tournaments.

kamesan said:
Not Jake, Why do you look for the original cartridge games for Mega Man when you can just play it on Mega Man anniversary?
Because i feel dirty otherwise:(

seriously it's just my thing. I like old school games and the collecting thereof.

Not Jake said:
Because i feel dirty otherwise:(

seriously it's just my thing. I like old school games and the collecting thereof.

Understandable (B-Cuz I still have my 2600 & the games) but the thing is, There are bonus features on that Anniversary game and you can even save progress on Megaman 1, 2, and 3 (Even @ my age, Mega Man 1 was ludicrously difficult).

However I did notice you mentioned River City Ransom. That is one of my top 5 fav Nintendo games! (Where was slick anyways?!?!?)

Mega Man 1 is still ludicrously difficult and I expect it to stay that way at any age.

Gahhh that game made me tear my hair out when I was like 6.

I read in some strategy guide that Cut Man's stage was the easiest.

I beat it after probably 30 tries.

Then got killed instantly on whatever the next stage I picked was.

anyone here ever play Deadly Towers? The cartridge disappeared to somewhere years ago, but my brother STILL has a grudge against that game.

MegaMan 1 is the only game that I would almost not feel bad for using the pause glitch.

The first Megaman gave I ever beat was X, then 6, 3, 5, X4, X5.

X, 3, and 5 are classics...the rest of your Mega Man games have been in slightly poor taste:(

I guess 6 played well enough for not having any memorable robot masters. It did have that Rush armor.:o Seriously though, 5 is practically the same thing and better (just like 4 is practically the same thing, and 5 is better than 4 as well).

As far as classic Mega Man goes, I'd say the order of greatness is 2, 3, 5, 1, 6, 4. With 2 and 3 being quite close at the top. The only X game close to those is the original X, which I would rank right up there with Mega Man 2 and 3:o

Since I stupidly as a child sold my NES, and more recently gave my SNES to my friend [although I still play it at his house], I've been at a loss for many of those great old school games.

Lately, I've been supplementing my fix through the use of ROMs, but the keyboard, or typical usb controllers just didn't feel right. What I ended up finding was this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8206305872&category=41059&rd=1
Granted I won my auction for only $7 [shipping included], it's the same thing I own. It's works great and really adds a fun factor to playing Super Mario Bros 3 again with a real controller instead of the keyboard.

Oh, and last summer I so picked up a copy of ikari warriors at a garage sale for free.

you should join the legion of reborn NESers:o

you know you want to buy one:mad:

Actually my gf has 2 or 3 NES's and I've been trying to get her to give me one.

Lol, one of the reasons I bought the adapter was because I have the DDR mats for the ps2, and track and field for roms. think about it: a hybrid of ps2, pc, AND nes! The shere madness!

15127DSCF5138-med.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=34545.0

RETRO :up:

I'm so happy.:D I just dealt away my copy of ESPN College Hoops 2k5 (PS2) for a bunch of Gameboy & Gameboy color games.

Battletoads (GB)
Mega Man (GB)
Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC)
Mario Golf (GBC)
Mario Tennis (GBC)

All utter classics.:D I'm especially happy about Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, my two favorite Gameboy games EVER. I hold them as the two best golf and tennis games ever, and they belong in the sports game elite with Punch-Out, Tecmo Super Bowl, and Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball.

They've both got great tennis/golf gameplay, just perfect handheld fun. And the RPG elements! Mario Golf, especially. You get to walk your character around the clubhouse and facilities (driving range, practice green, etc), and it even has a SMB3-like overworld where you can walk to other courses and even a mystical club maker's house.:o As for Tennis, as I recall there's a magic pond where you can get some magic shoes or something.:D What a great couple of games. Honestly, if you've never played 'em, find them. Even on an emulator. They're both probably in my top 10 favorite games ever.:D

Thread ressurection

I am close to obtaining both Kid Icarus for NES and Sunset Riders for SNES. Plus, I found another one of those 15-game spring-loaded game storage thingys on ebay so hopefully I'll win it and be able to expand "the 15" into "the 30".

* - don't currently have:(

1. SMB/Duckhunt
2. SMB2
3. SMB3
4. LoZ
5. LoZ: AoL
6. Punch-Out
7. Tecmo Super Bowl
8. TMNT
9. TMNT2*
10. TMNT3
11. Metroid
12. Kid Icarus* - transaction to obtain in progress:up:
13. Tetris
14. Mega Man*
15. Mega Man 2
16. Mega Man 3
17. Mega Man 4*
18. Mega Man 5* - had it then sold it:confused::(
19. Mega Man 6
20. River City Ransom
21. Kirby's Adventure
22. Contra*
23. Excitebike
24. Final Fantasy*
25. Castlevania

Got any suggestions for the final 5 of the top 30?

I like Battletoads for NES alright but it's too hard:down
Maybe I don't like it:confused::( I like the Gameboy one

anyway, I'm thinking about putting Dr. Mario and Puzznic in the mix, if you haven't played Puzznic for NES, you haven't lived, because it is really really good

also thinking about Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck, they were both good games

I´ve been playing a lot of Game Boy on emulator.
I´m playing a cool and hilarious game called Kid Dracula and an old school RPG called Sword of Hope.
I finished some time ago two RPGs, one called Great Greed, and a tactical RPG in the likes of Fire Emblem, Another Bible (very easy, but very cool).

Next, im going to jump to the GBC and Game Gear

Oh man, I just remembered...when I was a kid, my parents were Christians, so they took in this needy blonde lady because her husband was put in prison.

So she lived with us and I loved playing this game called Panama Joe which involved a lot of jumping and swinging around and crap.

So she asks me if she can try it, I reluctantly let her ( knowing that she'll die within minutes ), but suddenly, as I watched her carefully, sometimes violently fumbling around with the joystick, I got incredibly aroused...so, for the first time ever, when she died I encouraged her not to give up and try it again, just so I could watch her handling the joystick.

LOL
young perv

Been on a Retro kick again. Wanna go back to FF Classic and play up to FFX-2

Not Jake said:
I like Battletoads for NES alright but it's too hard:down
Maybe I don't like it:confused::( I like the Gameboy one

anyway, I'm thinking about putting Dr. Mario and Puzznic in the mix, if you haven't played Puzznic for NES, you haven't lived, because it is really really good

also thinking about Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck, they were both good games

It is freakin' hard, I'm going to go play it. :O:up: Battletoads and double Dragon.

I've been playing a lot of Genesis games, lately, most especially Sonic games.
I'm a Sonic fanatic. I mean, come on. It's Sonic.

Incidently, there's a game on the Genesis called "Megaman: The Wily Wars," has anybody played that? It's a collection of the first three games, but souped up with better graphics and backgrounds. Pure awesomeness. Now, if only I could get past the first stage...

never played Wily Wars. Never even heard of it:confused:

I did play a little Mega Man 2 the other night. And by "a little" I mean that I beat Wood Man and Air Man and then died once against Quick Man so I quit.:confused:

I popped LoZ in though and erased all the data on the game and then started a new player, beat the first 3 dungeons before saving and turning it off. Hopefully I'll have the time to go back in and finish it:up:

As for SNES stuff I picked up Might Morphin Power Rangers The Movie: The Game.:o $10:( A buddy and I stayed up all night playing it at his birthday party in like 4th grade so when we came across it last week it couldn't be passed up:o

Also, trying to track down Sunset Riders for SNES. Another game I played back in about 4th grade, as a rental, so I never got too far:(

8 hours ago
SONIC MANIA Devs Release A Video Of Their Unfinished, Retro DARKWING DUCK Video-Game
Darkwing Duck writer Aaron Sparrow recently detailed a planned video-game based on the beloved animated series which Capcom have unfortunately turned down. Take a look...Read more

1/8/2019
Filed Under: "Other" Source: Game Informer
13014.jpg

The Sonic Mania video-game is an awesome, retro love-letter to the beloved Sonic games of old and it turns out that the studio behind it planned to make a Darkwing Duck game of a similar style.

Headcannon recently unveiled their unfinished side-scroller based on the iconic animated series from the early 90s. A video has been published (which you can watch below) which shows off the game in-action. Unfortunately, the studio has already pitched the game to Capcom and were turned down - and that's baffling given the reception the gameplay has gotten.

Aaron Sparrow, who served as writer for Darkwing Duck, recently discussed the project on Twitter (@Aaron_Sparrow): “Last year, [Disney comics artist; James Silvani] & I were involved with brainstorming a Darkwing Duck Video Game with [Headcannon]. It would have had animated art by James, and v/o by as many of the original cast as possible. Sadly, Capcom passed on it, but you can see a bit here."

Sparrow went on:

It was conceived as a spiritual successor to the original NES game (unless Capcom wanted to go full DuckTales Remastered with it.) It was planned to take place between the show and The Duck Knight Returns, with Steelbeak, Taurus Bulba, and the Fearsome Five as the villains.

Each character would be pixelated from James’ art, and each level would be bridged by a chapter break, presented in motion comic form, with full voiceover and sound effects. And yes, you’d have gotten to fight Wolfduck.

[Headcannon] were great to work with; not only was I able to guide the story, but they even involved me in level design and gameplay mechanic discussions. It was truly one of the most incredibly collaborative experiences I’d ever been honored to be a part of.
It's a shame for such hardwork and ideas to go to waste, but perhaps Capcom will now reconsider given the response the game has gotten on social media.

What do you think of Headcannon's defunct Darkwing Duck game?

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"