The Retro Gaming Thread

I'm one of those poor sots that tried, tried, tried to make Zangief work.

He doesn't work.

So I switched to Guile (16 jabs per second, baby!). Later I moved on to Dee Jay and also to wondering why they gave a German-sounding name to a supposedly Russian character.

he was in turbo i think...

also, zangief did suck major balls.

I was both, actually, though I prefered SF to MK. MK's biggest selling point was it bled.

4StringFox said:
I said "Later I moved on." You know... like... when Super SF2 came out :D
yeah, i see.

i still used guile in all the rest of the games, and went a little on to ryu.

i never liked many of the new characters.

Drakon said:
I was both, actually, though I prefered SF to MK. MK's biggest selling point was it bled.
yeah, that's basically true.

The Riddler said:
yeah, i see.

i still used guile in all the rest of the games, and went a little on to ryu.

i never liked many of the new characters.

Even now, I use Guile and Ken in any game I can. I have a MvC2 team dedicated to the use of each one.

Guile, Omega Red, Hulk-------------------Ken, Captain America, Spider-Man

Drakon said:
Even now, I use Guile and Ken in any game I can. I have a MvC2 team dedicated to the use of each one.

Guile, Omega Red, Hulk-------------------Ken, Captain America, Spider-Man
for mvc2, i use guile, iron man, cable.

usually, when i try not to dominate, i use spidey, guile and gambit.

I try to avoid Blaster Types if I can. I won't use more than one in a team if I am trying to have a fair fight.

Drakon said:
I try to avoid Blaster Types if I can. I won't use more than one in a team if I am trying to have a fair fight.
they are amazingly cheap...

I was a big arcade junkie back in the day, playing Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, TMNT, Simpsons, X-Men, etc.
I'd have to say, though, that my favorite arcade game was the original Killer Instinct. I played that game all the damn time. Musta dropped close to $200 on it over the summer the year it first came out. :o

On a coincidental note, I picked up Street Fighter II Turbo for $2 at a Goodwill the other day

hot damn!

they really have those games at goodwill?

and wth were you doing at a goodwill?

The Riddler said:
they are amazingly cheap...
You're talking to the man whose best friend ALWAYS picks Cable, BB Hood, and Iron Man when he can't beat me otherwise.

Drakon said:
You're talking to the man whose best friend ALWAYS picks Cable, BB Hood, and Iron Man when he can't beat me otherwise.
actually, i think mega man, cable and iron man are the best three.

The Riddler said:
actually, i think mega man, cable and iron man are the best three.
In terms of Blaster teams, the best one would be BB Hood, Iron Man, and War Machine. All three of them have somewhat long blaster time, as well as a lot of hits per. I had used all three of them one time, and did the 3 person special, and got over 200 hits. Had I been smart, and just linked the combos, I woulda gotten more.

The Riddler said:
hot damn!

they really have those games at goodwill?

and wth were you doing at a goodwill?
Goodwill, thrift shops, and garage sales are a retro game-hunter's friend. I usually stop in to Goodwill about once or twice a month just to see if they have any old games. Picked up Rival Turf complete with box and all inserts for $3 at Goodwill a couple weeks ago, and got Street Fighter for $2.

I just wish all the places didn't smell so funny:(

damn...

i want old snes games for two bucks.

Got on ebay and won River City Ransom for $9.50 shipped. Also Zombies Ate My Neighbors for like $12 shipped. Not a great deal but a buddy of mine said he'd pay half since we figure the only time it'll get played is with 2 people.

The Display 15...

SMB/Duckhunt
SMB2
SMB3
Zelda
Zelda 2
TMNT
TMNT 2* - still need
TMNT 3
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Tecmo Super Bowl
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Kirby's Adventure
Castlevania
River City Ransom

14/15. Unless I find Mega Man 1 for a goddamn steal, it's not going in the top 15. I'm thinking about removing TMNT3 if I get Mega Man someday. Or, I may just put Tetris in TMNT3's slot. Who knows. I would put Mega Man 5 in, but I'm selling it to someone for $20. (which, if you figure I got it in a lot of 3 for $12.50, it cost me a little over $4, so selling it for $20 is just something I can't pass up).

I'm playing Mega Man 5 right now, trying to beat it before I have to sell it. I left the power on my NES so I can go back to the game later tonight. I'm through everyone but Crystal Man and Napalm Man.

A great thing about Mega Man games is that almost everyone beats the robot masters in a different order. My MM5 order is:

Stone Man
Charge Man
Wave Man
Star Man
Gravity Man
Gyro Man
Crystal Man
Napalm Man

And of course, I have orders for 2 and 3 as well. Haven't beaten MM1, MM4 (which I didn't really like as well as the others), or MM6 (which I plan on beating sometime in the near future). And Mega Man X, my order is kinda messed up, as I take on Chill Penguin but then Storm Eagle immediately afterwards.

Anyone else pick up any new (old) games? Or start playing any? Or have a Mega Man robot master order they'd like to share?:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"