• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 2

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one as well. Very nice to see Ron Frenz & Sal Buscema again, brought a nice air of authenticity to this long-awaited Ock/Goblin tale. From what is shown, parts are taking place after Invasion of The Spider Slayers, during Maximum Carnage, and the ending places itself right before Spider-Man Unlimited #3. Another fine deed for Norman...

It makes sense for the stories following Ultimate Spider-Man 3 as well.

After Mary Alice died of AIDS, Otto became obsessed with killing Spidey himself. Why? Because Osborn was clearly so focused on Peter's death, so Otto tried to steal that victory from him. However, Ock was killed by Kaine before it could be done. Otto didnt get resurrected until after Norman revealed himself to be alive, thus Otto lost his trump card over Osborn: the knowledge that he was alive. Although it will be interesting to see how they explain Otto not going after Norman after he was alive again. Perhaps Mary Alice's death gave him extra motivation to try and kill Norman during the Shush arc. I love how this all fits continuity so well. Well played, creative team.

Really great issue!

But, I'm confused, based on what Slott has said in the past...

I thought he said Ghost Pete wasn't the real Pete. So what does that mean that Ghost Pete has reclaimed Pete? And does this mean Ock's gone for good? (OK, i know it's comics so I'm sure he'll be back someday.) So, is this really it for Pete's return? Somehow I thought the soul molecule would play a part in this.

I also love the expanding Goblin mystery!

Can't wait for next issue!

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with
Liz Allan.

I think the stupidest line in the issue was when Otto Parktavius told Ghost Pete to follow him...
Uh, Ghost Pete wasn't there beside him, he's inside of him...

uh. all of this just sounds incredibly confusing and bizarre. I'm glad I haven't even bought the books in a few years. Gah!

I'm going to guess that Liz dies, forcing Harry to come back to NYC to care for Normie. Should be interesting to see how Normie get's along with little Stanley. :gg: :bomb:

Slott promised us that a long time character could die and no "old timer" has bit the dust. Liz has been around since AF 15, it doesn't get any more long term than that.

I'm going to guess that Liz dies, forcing Harry to come back to NYC to care for Normie. Should be interesting to see how Normie get's along with little Stanley. :gg: :bomb:

Slott promised us that a long time character could die and no "old timer" has bit the dust. Liz has been around since AF 15, it doesn't get any more long term than that.

This is a good prediction, Slott has said we'd be seeing Harry Osborn again soon. He's been absent since 2010 save for that quick appearance in 697.

Carlie
died

What are you talking about? [BLACKOUT]She was just in last week's Superior Annual #2. Sanjani reversed the goblin formula and she was in recovery. I saw no mention of her in this issue.[/BLACKOUT]

Menace and the Green Goblin saw TV reports about Carlie attacking Parker Industries and assumed she died due to a roof collapse. Carlie was shown strapped to a table a page or 2 later.

Carlie
died

I see you didn't read 28.

When Parker Industries collapsed, Carlie, Sajani, and Peter were in there. Clearly Menace thinks they died since she hasn't spoken to her since.

I'll probably get flamed for this but that thing I wanted to get a closer look at......

The big splash page when Peter gets back all of his memories, I admit, I was scouring that for the wedding scene. I was hoping maybe they would sneak it in there so if Peter remembered it, then the door would ever so slightly be open for the future. I know, I know.....oh, well. :dry:

Oh I didn't read that. You may be right then.

She's not dead. She was cured during the annual and by the end she was unconscious and recovering. That's probably what Sanjani [BLACKOUT]was trying to tell SpOck before he locked himself into his lab with Ghost Peter. [/BLACKOUT]

I do get this feeling that
she may come out of this with permanent powers though. Sanjani stressed to the Wraith that the serum was experimental. It's like they are leaving the door open for something.

Okay, I did a review of this at the Crawlspace, and I got to be honest: while I thought there were some good, and even brilliant moments in this issue,
I was profoundly disappointed in the way and manner in which Peter gets his body back from Otto to say the least.

And let me pose you folks this question: are we really 100% sure that Peter Parker is indeed back? Because if you really look closely at this issue, it's not as clear-cut as we might think because we have two alternatives: either the Otto Octavious we've been reading about since Amazing Spider-Man #698 was really just a brainwashed Peter having been reprogrammed into believing he was Doc Ock, which also means the real Doc Ock died in Amazing Spider-Man #700...or, because as this issue reminds us, Ghost Peter is just a "memory fragment" of Peter, which means the real Peter is still very much dead and it was only the "memory fragment" who took control of Peter's body and that he only thinks he's the real Peter.

And BTW, I'm inclined to agree that the scene with Liz Allan was a definite red herring designed to throw us off the real Goblin King: Lil' Normie Osborn. Just look at that scene again and pay particular attention to what Normie says.

Okay, I did a review of this at the Crawlspace, and I got to be honest: while I thought there were some good, and even brilliant moments in this issue,
I was profoundly disappointed in the way and manner in which Peter gets his body back from Otto to say the least.

And let me pose you folks this question: are we really 100% sure that Peter Parker is indeed back? Because if you really look closely at this issue, it's not as clear-cut as we might think because we have two alternatives: either the Otto Octavious we've been reading about since Amazing Spider-Man #698 was really just a brainwashed Peter having been reprogrammed into believing he was Doc Ock, which also means the real Doc Ock died in Amazing Spider-Man #700...or, because as this issue reminds us, Ghost Peter is just a "memory fragment" of Peter, which means the real Peter is still very much dead and it was only the "memory fragment" who took control of Peter's body and that he only thinks he's the real Peter.

And BTW, I'm inclined to agree that the scene with Liz Allan was a definite red herring designed to throw us off the real Goblin King: Lil' Normie Osborn. Just look at that scene again and pay particular attention to what Normie says.

I agree with this. I was hoping for an epic Parker vs Ock Showdown with Peter winning in triumph with Ock hopelessly thinking he could still fix things. All I got from this was: "That's it?"

Also, that scene where Peter's surrounded by his memories was kinda reminiscent of the Smallville finale which was kinda cool.

I've been saying it for a while now:
1 - Otto would willingly give up to Peter
2 - Green Goblin is Normie

I'll probably get flamed for this but that thing I wanted to get a closer look at......

The big splash page when Peter gets back all of his memories, I admit, I was scouring that for the wedding scene. I was hoping maybe they would sneak it in there so if Peter remembered it, then the door would ever so slightly be open for the future. I know, I know.....oh, well. :dry:

You're not the only one! The thought did cross my mind when I was looking at all the scenes, especially when they said ALL the memories.

Oh well, indeed...

This is what I had brought in my earlier post, which was in Spoiler tags. I mean, didn't Slott say before that "Ghost Pete" was a memory fragment and not real Pete? So what does this mean?

So, are people still saying Normie can go back and forth in how old physically he can look?

You're not the only one! The thought did cross my mind when I was looking at all the scenes, especially when they said ALL the memories.

Oh well, indeed...

:up:

This is what I had brought in my earlier post, which was in Spoiler tags. I mean, didn't Slott say before that "Ghost Pete" was a memory fragment and not real Pete? So what does this mean?

I think Otto said it. He could have been wrong. Hell, he was wrong about him being a Superior Spider-Man compared to Peter Parker. That's the way I look at it.

Getting issue #30 today.... Gotta stay away from the internetz... And this thread...

:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"