The Thor Women

Glad to hear that, but for some reason I still haven't seen that damn film. :dry:

Go and watch that film ASAP! Portman gave an outstanding performance in it and the film is one of Aronofsky best films. :up:

I've never been able to get further than 10 minutes through an Aronofsky film. The man is boredom personified. Granted, I've only tried twice(The Wrestler, The Fountain).

I almost forgot about this thread, anyways, after seeing this film I have to say that Kat Denning's "hotness" was definately toned down in the movie.
It HAD to be toned down for her to get the part, she had to look "NERDY". Kat almost didn't get the part because she wasn't nerdy enough.

OMG, and her tweet leaks pictures... I'm in heaven. Do not search for the tweet leak pictures unless you are 18 and over kids.
hehehehe STILL like what Jamie has in Maxim. :D

I've never been able to get further than 10 minutes through an Aronofsky film. The man is boredom personified. Granted, I've only tried twice(The Wrestler, The Fountain).

Well, Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors and I enjoyed watching all his films. I highly recommend giving Black Swan or Pi(his debut film) a shot. Requiem for a Dream is also a good movie but I can't watch it more than twice because it was so goddamn depressing.

Anyway, I'm just suggesting some of his films because I believe he is one of the best directors working today and sometimes I get very emotional from watching his films. But it's fine by me if you don't like his works.

Well, Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors and I enjoyed watching all his films. I highly recommend giving Black Swan or Pi(his debut film) a shot. Requiem for a Dream is also a good movie but I can't watch it more than twice because it was so goddamn depressing.

Anyway, I'm just suggesting some of his films because I believe he is one of the best directors working today and sometimes I get very emotional from watching his films. But it's fine by me if you don't like his works.

The thing is, I really can't honestly tell you if those two I saw were good or bad movies(I suspect bad though based on the little that I did see) since I couldn't get very far into them. That's pretty rare, actually. I mean some films do put me to sleep and I need to try several times to get through them(Superman Returns, Tron Legacy). But with these I knew I was never going to bother returning to complete the viewing.

One film being that way I might have granted him as maybe just being a fluke but BOTH? After trying with those two, I'm frankly afraid to even try another of his films again. I hate having my time wasted so it may be a very, very long time before I give one of his films a shot again.

No clue, probably one of those "funny parts" making her the only applicant.

Don Payne created the character as sort of an audience surrogate/everyman type (ok not exactly those, but they sort of lead to what she is for), a normal person to ask the questions and inject the input somebody who isn't an astrophysicist or a god would have. So they sorta alienated her for that reason I think, while keeping her a little nerdy to fit her into that environment.

Well Black Swan is more "genre" than his other films. It has elements of horror, psychodrama, erotica, and is just very melodramatic (in a good way). So you may like it better than the other films...maybe not. I recommend you watch the first 10-20 minutes and if it is a turn off for you like the others...well that's too bad. Just skip to the last 10-15 minutes then. ;) :awesome:

....because they are amazing.

If you think the Wrestler is a boring movie it's because you'd rather watch popcorn flicks. It has more raw emotion and "reality" than pretty much any other non academy award movie. More than most nominees now that they've expanded the field to allow mainstream garbage into the noms to get interest.

As for the women of Thor, Portman sucked. I've never really liked her. Black Swan played up to her strengths, saying that makes her a great actress doesn't pass with me. A great actor will do well regardless and Portman, in what should have been an easy role for her, did not do a good job at all. She hurt this movie. Hemmsworth, Hopkins, Huddleson, were all great. Effects were above average, story, minus the love stuff was good. Portman really REALLY hurt this movie. If I think of all the scenes I disliked, they all have Portman.

I wouldn't know since it failed to hold my interest, which is something I require of a film. I got about to the point where he was taping up his hands or arms or whatever and putting a razor in there and that's about when my patience was fed up and I changed the channel.

All Portman had to do to win me over in this film was look good and act like every other thought going through her head involved doing the nasty w/ Chris.

Last edited:
All Portman had to do to win me over in this film was look good and act like every other thought going through her head involved doing the nasty w/ Chris.

True

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"