The Ultimate DC/Marvel Tournament - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Lanterns can also do intangibility, and of any type they want. Diamond hardness is also not much of a defense against something with the raw power of a GL ring. Any rookie GL would be able to perform any feat Vision can do and much more besides. If Vision tries to go intangible then Hal just causes his attack to match it. The yellow on Vision's costume is not much of a defense considering how much of his surface is not yellow. In addition, Hal could cause his attacks to leave the dimension they are in and reenter the dimension inside vision.

I usually vote DC all the time too.

Eh. DC characters tend to be more powerful than Marvel's honestly. If you think about it, no one villain can really stand against the JLA. Especially with Batman on their team. It's basically overkill.

Don't forget anything Marvel...................except this one time.
You got me, the 'Spider-' in my title name is not inspired by Spider-Man.
:oldrazz:

Seriously, you mentioned how powerful DC heroes can be.
And I vote for Marvel characters very often in the preference thread.

Green Lanterns can also do intangibility, and of any type they want. Diamond hardness is also not much of a defense against something with the raw power of a GL ring. Any rookie GL would be able to perform any feat Vision can do and much more besides. If Vision tries to go intangible then Hal just causes his attack to match it. The yellow on Vision's costume is not much of a defense considering how much of his surface is not yellow. In addition, Hal could cause his attacks to leave the dimension they are in and reenter the dimension inside vision.
Eobard Thawne disrupted the field Hal built around him using the yellow stripe in Barry's suit alone when he thought he was Barry back from the dead and went nuts.
I forgot Lanterns can pass through walls too.

I wasn't thinking about surrounding him with a field or a construct. I was thinking of Hal simply sending an energy blast into the non-yellow parts of his body and one-shot obliterating him. Since Vision is an android there should be little if any moral problems with that.

but since vision is for all intents and purposes an AI wouldn't G.L. get flack from the guadians for destroying him ?

I don't know of anything that has ever been said on the subject but since pretty much every interstellar civilization is likely to have weapons with AIs It would be necessary to allow them to be destroyed. I would doubt that the Corp could function at all if it were forbidden.

Hal wins 4-2

Etrigan

3245411-7728117503-etrig.jpg

vs

Nova

nova-white.png

Nova. Why? Because Batman beat Etrigan. Freaking Batman! :dry: :argh:

How is that Batman can beat aliens, demons, and "gods" and yet it be somehow justified? I mean, he beat Darkseid(which is darn near impossible of their powersets)but some how Darkseid gets a pass when going up against Thor. If a mere mortal in Batman can beat Darkseid, then I'd imagine an Asgardian version of Superman with thousands of years more experience would be able to beat him as well. Nope! Batman can cure cancer and walk on water if you just give him 5 minutes to figure it out. :o

LOL he has no right beating any of those people realistically. Even if Bruce removed the K from his belt, for Clark that's an eternity to drop him off a building, fly to Paris and have a drink lol. For the record I think Thor and Darkseid would make for an epic brawl and story.

I'm undecided on this fight for now.

LOL he has no right beating any of those people realistically. Even if Bruce removed the K from his belt, for Clark that's an eternity to drop him off a building, fly to Paris and have a drink lol. For the record I think Thor and Darkseid would make for an epic brawl and story.

I'm undecided on this fight for now.
Thor would beat Darkseid. It would be a crazy battle and may even destroy a planet but in the end, Thor would come out on top. :argh:

:wow:

What?
I started the Marvel character discussion thread a year before the DC version.

And I started the "I hate the Kardashians" thing a year ago..............but I'd bang every last one of them.............even the mom. :o

And I started the "I hate the Kardashians" thing a year ago..............but I'd bang every last one of them.............even the mom. :o
I like Marvel, don't know what gave you the idea I don't like them.

Nova, if Batman can beat Etrigan anybody can.
Batman is now used to determine who wins between two rivals in a battle he's not in now?
If that's how we decide, he'd pull the helmet of Nova off before coming up with a plan to defeat Etrigan.

Morrison's Batman is terrible.

Coming up next Batman with prep vs The Living Tribunal :o

I'm voting Nova by a hair, here.

BTW has anyone heard fro Anubis lately?

Anubis is in finishing up his work release program. Third strike from those Latina hookers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"