"The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear Darabont's involved; bad that Gale Ann Hurd is, too.

What really interests me is it says Darabont is writing and directing. I'm assuming that's just for the pilot or something, but still.

What really interests me is it says Darabont is writing and directing. I'm assuming that's just for the pilot or something, but still.

Yeah, but it's still good to hear he's involved. Only thing I'm worried about is that it's probably going to be toned down tremendously.

I think it's in good hands at AMC. I've been excited and speculating since I first read this.

Let the casting rumors begin!

I've got Nathan Fillion for Rick!

Yeah, but it's still good to hear he's involved. Only thing I'm worried about is that it's probably going to be toned down tremendously.

have you seen Nip/Tuck??? They don't need to tone down anything, expcept no f bombs.... that's it...

niptuck had a chick slice her breast off with an electric turkey cutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc5BE4PDu1E

Last edited:
yea that was nuts...best work Dina Meyer has ever done...and stop it with the Nathan Fillion (he can't be in everything), he has a proper show on ABC now that got renewed for a second season

Never heard of this but this sounds fantastic. Good to hear that AMC is doing something like this. I never got in Mad Men and Breaking Bad so this sounds something I can finally get into on the channel. Funnily enough before I heard this I had a similar idea last week.

EDIT: The **** did that random picture of some chick on her phone come from??

Last edited:
Never heard of this but this sounds fantastic. Good to hear that AMC is doing something like this. I never got in Mad Men and Breaking Bad so this sounds something I can finally get into on the channel. Funnily enough before I heard this I had a similar idea last week.

You've actually never heard of the comic? Buy the trades, the first 6 are cheap.

he has a proper show on ABC now that got renewed for a second season

Means Joss Whedon must not be working on that one.

I am a pretty reluctant about this though. If it was HBO, Showtime, Cinemax or something like that I'd be fine. Not sure AMC though.

But even if it does turn out to suck. I still have the books I can go back to.

Not sure about the channel placing myself, but I'm hopeful that they'll do the comic series justice.

yea that was nuts...best work Dina Meyer has ever done...and stop it with the Nathan Fillion (he can't be in everything), he has a proper show on ABC now that got renewed for a second season

her breasts look like flap-jacks

Look forward to seeing what they can do. Some people I would like to see cast.

Kenneth Mitchell as Rick

George Eads as Shane

Idris Elba as Tyreese

Tracie Thoms as Michonne

I'm just going to say what I said in the Walking Dead comic thread when I read this news:

Holy mother ****ing **** balls.

Wow. Between this and the new Prisoner, I might actually watch an AMC series...

this is a god damn comic movie site... why aren't more people syched for this... i mean, come on...

walking dead.... awesome comic....

frank ****ing darabont... awesome director, writer, producer...

tv series... best way to addapt a story like this....

You've actually never heard of the comic? Buy the trades, the first 6 are cheap.

Nope. I'll tryo to get them sometimes.

So when does anyone think this will air? Not for a couple more years I think. I'll definitely be keeping up on this.

I tried to get into Mad Men but couldnt. All the chicks are hot as hell though. Breaking Bad the same. I watched the first couple episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"