• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

"The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it means a shorter prison section, yes, it's definitely for the best. The comic's been great but nowhere near perfect, so the greater creative freedom of adapting the concept as a whole rather than the specific comic stories will allow Kirkman and Darabont to iron out some of those unsightly kinks that are forever stuck in the comic.

Personally, I'm wondering if Rick will lose a hand in the show. Kirkman was saying he regretted taking Rick's hand off within a couple months in the letters page because, unlike in superhero comics, if a character loses a limb in TWD, it's gone for good. I doubt Rick will lose the hand in the show. Kirkman's experience with how much having one hand limits the character's options plus either 1) the cost of special effects to convincingly remove the actor's hand in every episode after he loses it or 2) the cheap look of just hiding the character's hand in bandages or a sleeve will make Kirkman nix that idea for the show.
i always liked hand-less rick. for one it shows that he's not impervious to damage just because he's basically the main character, and two because before that he is pretty much always the fearless leader, and he really starts to doubt his abilities when he only has one hand and cant help the group as much. but overall? yeah, i wouldnt mind if they skipped it in the show. as long as the sense of real danger is still there. :o

I don't mind handless Rick, but I can see how it would be annoying from a writer's perspective. Rick did get a lot of great character development out of it, though. I'd be fine whether he keeps the hand or loses it, to be honest.

Special effects aren't good enough to pull of handless Rick. So it would actually just ruin it instead of like the comic where it improved the story.

They could be good enough, but it'd probably cost way too much. Kind of a needless drain on the budget.

I'd prefer that he to lose the hand, since like Corp said it did something interesting for the character but it won't bother me if they decide to keep it on.

Anyone have any idea how violent they can make this thing?

I'd prefer that he to lose the hand, since like Corp said it did something interesting for the character but it won't bother me if they decide to keep it on.

Anyone have any idea how violent they can make this thing?

Watch Breaking Bad and you will know how far they can go.

They liquify a human body in Breaking Bad. Literally. Liquify. A human body.

Don't worry your pretty little head about the violence, US. ;)

Last edited:
Taking a bath...
[YT]gApZlK9jZzQ[/YT]

There was also the ATM falling onto a crackhead's well head, the severed head of Danny Trejo on a turtle which explodes, causing a DEA agent to lose his leg - like something out of Saving Private Ryan.

And Mad Men had a their new British boss have his foot run over by a John Deere lawnmower. Blood splatter, mangled foot and a huge puddle of blood on the carpet.

[YT]iI2A8bQv2xA[/YT]

AMC won't show nipples and you won't hear ****. They may just mute it out.

They probably just won't write "f***" into the script. It's easy enough to get around. They tend to throw a few more "goddamns" and "s****s" in to make up for it.

They should just do what everyone else is doing and come up with a fake ****, like Frak or Frell. :D

They should just censor them with other words like cable networks do. "What the flute is with all these mother-father zombies all over the farming place?!"

My favorite censor had to be Die Hard 2.

" yippee-ki-yay, Mr. Faukner"

Haha, I haven't seen that one. Sam Jackson was on The Tonight Show a little while ago and talked with Conan about all the weird censors he'd had to record for cable airings of his movies. That's where I got the "farming" one from. :D

I can't count the number of times I've heard people called melon-farmers.

I almost wanted to watch more curse-heavy movies on cable after that interview. :up:

This has inspired me to pick up the Walking Dead GN. :up:. And I will be all over this show. Horror and zombies on TV is very cool.

I saw that and liked it, but I've been debating buying the first volume for a while now anyways. Sides I hate reading comics online :(

Oh, I definitely recommend the trades. I just wanted to remind everyone that the first issue is available if they're thinking about getting into the comics but aren't quite ready to buy a whole trade yet. :up:

Liked the first issue, I have the trades on request with my library which has every volume.

I wonder how much of the comics are going to make it into the series. (not about the violence or swearing or sexing, but storyline-wise)

Probably just broad strokes. The concept is much richer than just the stories we've seen from the comic so far. I think we can probably be pretty certain that Rick will meet up with most of the important characters from the series, especially [blackout]Tyrese[/blackout] for that particular emotional payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"