The Wrestling Thread is great! The Wrestling Thread is special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Miz is going to lose the belt, the it shouldn't be to Dolph.

Becky, AJ and Beauty and the Man Beast were all great.

Miz shouldn't lose the belt at all. Ever. Never ever. He will wear that belt to the grave!

Clash of Champions need to bring some goods of their own!

Heath and Rhyno are good, but they didn't/don't deserve to inaugurate a title. WWE dropped the ball on this one, but that's the only blemish on what was a great show.

I want to watch Becky take her victory shower

You know they are going to ruin the main event by adding Reigns.

Man I hope not but I find it very likely as well. Especially what AJ and Dean just did, Owens and Rollins deserve the chance to answer in kind one on one.

I want to watch Becky take her victory shower
mbrCk.jpg

Heath and Rhyno are good, but they didn't/don't deserve to inaugurate a title. WWE dropped the ball on this one, but that's the only blemish on what was a great show.

Disagree on this one, this is probably the best Tag Title storyline NE has had in awhile.

Heath is your classic "underdog overcoming the odds" story, and Rhyno is the "aging veteran getting one last shot at gold." This was the perfect way to pay off that storyline.

A pair of guys who literally have nothing in common and were just thrown together as a team shouldn't be the first holders of a brand-new title, especially when you've got a bunch of guys on the roster who've been teaming together for some time. The Usos should've won the belts, not Slater and Rhyno.

Heath is your classic "underdog overcoming the odds" story, and Rhyno is the "aging veteran getting one last shot at gold." This was the perfect way to pay off that storyline.
The story of the match was great too. I love how Rhyno "finished it" tonight, but let Heath get the pin.

A pair of guys who literally have nothing in common and were just thrown together as a team shouldn't be the first holders of a brand-new title, especially when you've got a bunch of guys on the roster who've been teaming together for some time. The Usos should've won the belts, not Slater and Rhyno.
Have you actually watched their story? The odd couple angle is a big part of it.

If anyone else was going to win the belts tonight, it should have been American Alpha, but they were removed from the equation. The crowd loved it, so who exactly was upset about this other then you?

Man, there's no pleasing people.

Sometimes this is how you put Tag Teams together. You build a storyline on how/why these two individuals would need to team together.

As someone who remembers him tagging with Air Paris in between WCW's death rattles, watching him build the X division with Jerry Lynn and Low Ki, main eventing PPVs with Daniels and Samoa Joe in 5* classics, from every great match to stupid storyline TNA gave him, his incredible two year run in Japan, to this night... I am so happy to be a fan.

AJ Styles

3x NWA World Heavyweight Champion
2x TNA World Champion
2x IWGP Heavyweight Champion
PWG World Champion
RPW British Heavyweight Champion
WWE World Champion

And He earned every freaking one of them!

AJ Styles career titles (major promotions only):
3X NWA-TNA World Heavyweight Champion
2X TNA World Heavyweight Champion
2X IWGP Heavyweight Champion
1X WWE World Champion (current)
6X TNA X Division Champion
2X TNA Television Champion
1X ROH Pure Wrestling Champion
4X NWA-TNA World Tag Team Champion
2X TNA World Tag Team Champion
1X ROH World Tag Team Champion

Between ROH, NJPW, WWE, and TNA that makes 8 World Championships and 24 total championships held.

He may go down as the best of this era.

If nothing else, I'm glad AJ Styles got the "real" heavyweight title.

Man, there's no pleasing people.

Sometimes this is how you put Tag Teams together. You build a storyline on how/why these two individuals would need to team together.

Name another instance where a major wrestling company inaugurated a tag team tile and handed it to two guys who weren't even a team until shortly before they won said title.

Whilst some of the execution and booking still needs to be reviewed and updated, I'm really enjoying this new era in WWE.

Look at who we have as champions. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"