The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Batista at least has a history that fans can lean on. We have no idea how good Rousey is in a WWE ring.

I'm still amazed by how much Bluetista pissed him off. It feels like something on Seinfeld or just Shoot Me.

I don't see the big deal. It's obvious her actual new contract doesn't really start until after she's done with shooting this movie. They brought her out at Royal Rumble for shock value, to let the fans know she's coming, her contract hasn't really started yet. To me it's no different than doing video vignettes for guys who are coming in, I remember it seemed like Razor Ramon/Mr. Perfect did 100 vignettes about how they were coming to WWF before either actually stepped foot in the ring. This was just a tease to get a pop at the Rumble, set up some intrigue/build excitement for the Women's Championship Matches at Wrestlemania (Who's gonna face who? My bet is Asuka/Alexa, Charlotte/Ronda) and let people know the deal is done and she's on her way.

Last edited:
I don't see the big deal. It's obvious her actual new contract doesn't really start until after she's done with shooting this movie. They brought her out at Royal Rumble for shock value, to let the fans know she's coming, her contract hasn't really started yet. To me it's no different than doing video vignettes for guys who are coming in, I remember it seemed like Razor Ramon/Mr. Perfect did 100 vignettes about how they were coming to WWF before either actually stepped foot in the ring. This was just a tease to get a pop at the Rumble, set up some intrigue/build excitement for the Women's Championship Matches at Wrestlemania (Who's gonna face who? My bet is Asuka/Alexa, Charlotte/Ronda) and let people know the deal is done and she's on her way.
I'd say the obvious problem would be them basically overshadowing the actual Rumble itself, and the women that performed in it. The actual pro wrestlers.

I'd say the obvious problem would be them basically overshadowing the actual Rumble itself, and the women that performed in it. The actual pro wrestlers.

Well, that's another story, I was just talking about her not being at Raw the next night. I don't disagree with any of what you just said here.

If they are paying Ronda a lot of money and have big plans for her (and her appearance at the Rumble got 1 million views for ESPN's site this past week so she's clearly attracting eyeballs to the product) it makes sense to bring her out and set up her future appearances (she's likely main eventing Mania this year, is my feeling). I can't blame WWE for wanting to make good on their investment.

What is with all TNA talent flooding in recent years?

WWE finally stopped being stupid and have realized TNA had/has losts of talented people.

Is it seeing other former TNA talent be successful in the WWE?

A lot of the guys that have come in were in TNA for decade+ for the most part. They just wanted a change. Or WWE came at them with money.

Is it Anthem offering poor deals to the talent which is making them walk?

No. Rosemary, Morrison, Taya Valkyrie, Moose, Aries, Brian Cage all either re-signed or were brought in. So, money/contracts isn't an issue.

Is it Impact moving to Canada and the talent not wanting to relocate and NXT also being based in Florida which makes it a more convenient place to join for the TNA stars already in the area?

Being in WWE, they are gonna tour way more, which would take them to Canada, UK, Europe. Just because the company is based in Canada, thre talent don't have to relocate. Eli Drake lives in Los Angeles, he flies in to tapings.

After his firing from TNA, Jeff Jarrett said Anthem had no money. Looks like the allegation was true with all the stars they've lost in the past year.

Jarrett was full of ****. He was bleeding money, they started cutting him off because they wouldn't give him a blank check.

WWE UK Championship has pretty much become the NXT men's midcard title

So if Batista had come back at the Rumble, pointed to the WrestleMania sign, announced to The Hollywood Reporter he was full time in the WWE and he did not show up at the TV tapings this pass week, he gets a pass because of what he's done in the WWE before?

That makes zero sense to me. If Ronda doesn't get a pass, Batista shouldn't either, regardless of his past with the WWE.

I was speaking in terms of Rousey immediately being put into title contention.

Drake Maverick sounds like a character from a Cannon film from the eighties.

They put the titles back on The Bar because Jordan has a rumored injured neck. Seth Rollins is a walking black cat.

I'm still amazed by how much Bluetista pissed him off. It feels like something on Seinfeld or just Shoot Me.

Big guys tend to have thin skin.

Eh Batista was always an average in-ring worker at best. What he had going for him IMHO was he had a good look, and he looked intense and like he could beat the hell out of you. He was never what I would call a great worker.

Go back and watch his world title matches with Triple H, they were fairly average to mediocre. IMHO, his best match was with Undertaker at the 2007 WrestleMania.

Right, but both Batista and the Rock can wrestle. We KNOW they can wrestle and they have already EARNED their main event status.

Rousey...not so much.
Batista was never a good worker. Mediocre at his best. :huh:

Not many that will get hotshotted from the PC to Mania in the space of months.

I've no problem with her getting a chance but for everyone's sake, hopefully the rumour of the tag match is true.

Not many that will get hotshotted from the PC to Mania in the space of months.

I've no problem with her getting a chance but for everyone's sake, hopefully the rumour of the tag match is true.

Ronda Rousey isn't many women.

punchy6.gif

Eh Batista was always an average in-ring worker at best. What he had going for him IMHO was he had a good look, and he looked intense and like he could beat the hell out of you. He was never what I would call a great worker.

Go back and watch his world title matches with Triple H, they were fairly average to mediocre. IMHO, his best match was with Undertaker at the 2007 WrestleMania.

Batista was never a good worker. Mediocre at his best. :huh:

Batista, much like John Cena, wasn't quite ready for the spotlight when he beat HHH at WM21. He had a few basic impact moves that he did well, but HHH called quite a few spots and seemed to be concerned that 'Tista would actually do what was expected. However, I have to give Big Dave credit for letting his charisma shine as the years went by. He had some interesting moments even if his matches were usually lackluster.

Batista undeniably had some good charisma and he played a good natural heel when he was feuding with John Cena before he left the company.

But look, WWE has proven time and time again for decades you don't have be a great in-ring worker in order to get over or become a top guy. WWE is about spectacles and characters more so than in-ring work and psychology.

Ronda Rousey isn't many women.

Yeah, of course like. That's why it's happening in the first place.

It could still end up being a **** show so that's why I hope she's put in a match that will protect her and entertain at the same time, while letting the other women do their thing.

We talk about how crazy Vince is. But we forget how bat***** crazy Antonio Inoki is.

DU_ApI3XUAAYYJJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"