The Wrestling Thread...NINJA PLEASE! - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
What movie was this taken from?

Some crappy movie starring Bruce Wil...I mean John Travolta.

Yea Sting and Hogan never meshed well at all.Starcade 97 anyone?

Their matches have been hit or miss. Their Superbrawl VIII rematch was better, but that's not saying since Sting was out of shape and Hogan refused to lose clean. The bouts I enjoyed:

Nitro 1995 - Their first encounter. The twist is that Hogan actually wrestles here!

Nitro 1999 - I forgot the month, but this was actually a good match. Too bad it had an odd finish with Sid and Rick Steiner doing a run-in.

Fall Brawl 1999 - My favorite of the three. Despite its overbooking, this is what Starrcade 1997 should've been. And of course, Sting's heel turn (which immediately backfired as the crowd went nuts for Sting whacking Hogan with his bat!) was icing on the cake!

Last edited:
I hate to ruin the film but that was one of the best twists. He just blasts the girl in the head out of nowhere

Some crappy movie starring Bruce Wil...I mean John Travolta.

Eh it wasn't so bad; It's better than most of his recent stuff. Not a fan of Travolta though.

Is that scene from Paris with Love? Or that film where he highjacks the train (co staring Denzel Washington)?

Is that scene from Paris with Love? Or that film where he highjacks the train (co staring Denzel Washington)?

Nah he's got hair in the movie with Washington.

8 posts in and only 1 of them is about wrestling. Good start.

I enjoyed the film. But that's neither here nor there. We're talking wrestling, here!@

Such as this Saturday's Ladder War III! Third row tickets, baby!

Thread titles:

The Wrestling Thread Is Reborn.

The Wrestling Thread Was Framed...By Jack Daniels

no i wont, and as much as i hate to admit it if hogan retires then it should be in wwe.

As much as I want to see Hogan retire in the WWE.... He'd probably insist on doing a "retirement tour" or something.

really the only reason i want to see him do it in wwe is so he can get a send off like flair.

the guy may be a money grabbin, back stabbing *******, but he's the reason i started watching

I just want Hogan to go away because the nostalgia wore off along time ago for me. He's the biggest name in the history of the business, but I have no desire to see him on television anymore.

I wonder how long he'll stay retired.

Old wrestlers don't retire they just fade away. Look at Funk. Holy s***!

I'd like to see Hogans last match be him putting Cena over. It might not be very good but its a good story.

The only way I'd like to see Hogan putting Cena over would be if Cena loses to Rock at WrestleMania 28.

If Rock wins then ok... if he loses... Cena won't need yet another super rub. Now Punk vs Hogan? And we thought he tore Nash apart. :p

Old wrestlers don't retire they just fade away. Look at Funk. Holy s***!

I'd like to see Hogans last match be him putting Cena over. It might not be very good but its a good story.

Why can't he just go away Metallo?

Why?

I'm begging you to tell me buddy.

Hogan, like him or not... WAS Wrestling. I know, I don't like it either, but people who don't watch wrestling or haven't watched wrestling in years know who Hulk Hogan is. I have a buddy that never heard of Piper, or Savage... but the one he knows? Hulk Hogan.

Now... I think Hogan's belief that he is STILL wrestling is... Wrong, however... if he came back to the WWE for a one night only, or maybe a few month long good bye run and it was promoted as such... it would sell tickets.

Then again... it would probably go against everything the WWE has been doing with Punk and all the "younger" stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"