Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

The hard part with Cable is there are some other great choices out there who are contracted to Marvel or DC films. I always thought Karl Urban would be great but he's in the new Thor. Joe Manganiello has that look but he's gonna be in the next Batman. Tom Hardy i've said before but who knows with him, he was rumored for Apocalypse was also signed on to Suicide Squad at one stage. Also Joel Kinnaman woulld be a great Cable but he's in SS.

What about Jon Hamm? Also Jon Bernthal would be fantastic but he's killing it as Punisher. So many choices lol.

Ironically, Tim Miller is an Academy Award nominee, too, for the animated short Gopher Broke.

The hard part with Cable is there are some other great choices out there who are contracted to Marvel or DC films. I always thought Karl Urban would be great but he's in the new Thor. Joe Manganiello has that look but he's gonna be in the next Batman. Tom Hardy i've said before but who knows with him, he was rumored for Apocalypse was also signed on to Suicide Squad at one stage. Also Joel Kinnaman woulld be a great Cable but he's in SS.

What about Jon Hamm? Also Jon Bernthal would be fantastic but he's killing it as Punisher. So many choices lol.

Jon Hamm would be great

I think either Jon Hamm or Jeffrey Dean Morgan could fit that Cable mold, but not sure either would want that type of role. Dean Morgan's already played the Comedian, and now he's Negan on Walking Dead. Not sure if Jon Hamm wants to hitch his wagon to a comic book franchise.

Yeah, Tim Miller delivered, though. Gavin Hood did not (on Wolverine).

He got "Rothman"'d apparently. His supposed take was more in line with Mangold's. He was also recommended by Jackman.
Reynolds is definitely taking on a Jackman role as far as getting a team together since Jackman was instrumental in keeping Hood on board and getting Schreiber up to the task to play Sabretooth when he was originally set for Stryker.

He got "Rothman"'d apparently. His supposed take was more in line with Mangold's. He was also recommended by Jackman.
Reynolds is definitely taking on a Jackman role as far as getting a team together since Jackman was instrumental in keeping Hood on board and getting Schreiber up to the task to play Sabretooth when he was originally set for Stryker.

Yeah, I know that, and am aware that the first Wolverine movie was made under a completely different regime.

But when you have Tim Miller delivering something like Deadpool, you hold tight to that filmmaker and stick to his ideas.

i just heard about this.

omg we are in trouble :(.

listen, even if they find a really good director to slide in, thats enough to change the feel of the film. also isnt what made the first Deadpool movie very successful is that magic combo of Miller, Reynolds plus two other people? (regretfully i forget their names at the moment). thats what worries me-- not the money, hell unless its a hot mess of Trankian proportions, Deadpool 2 will make bank. but im looking ahead, at future hindsight, that Deadpool 2 would feel like a disappointment to Deadpool 1 because its a rehash, or that it feels different and it just doesnt have the same magic as the first one did.

Yeah, I know that, and am aware that the first Wolverine movie was made under a completely different regime.

But when you have Tim Miller delivering something like Deadpool, you hold tight to that filmmaker and stick to his ideas.

we dont know how long him and ryan were at odds you dont want to make a film where your lead actor and producer is miserable seeing how this is ryan's baby and he had a hand in choosing tim miller in the first place

If it's a rehash, oh well. I've seen enough modern comedy sequels to not be so bummed by it.

If it feels different and doesn't have the same magic as the first, well that just sounds vague enough to either being a blessing or a curse, since that's what Tim Miller allegedly wanted.

It's hard for sequels to recapture the magic of the original in general.

Indeed. Rhett and Paul are still on board and have already written the script per Mayimbe, and Ryan is still an actor who is wholly invested and protective of the character and should be trusted to do that, so all isn't lost for sure. I just hope that Ryan can find another person who is passionate and knowledgeable enough to work on the film with him.

Two films seem like the max for filmmakers on superhero properties anyways, hardly anyone makes it to three and does all of them well.

But man did this put a bummer on my weekend. But hopefully the casting of Cable and Domino will change the mood around the film for sure (and announcing a new director hopefully)

I feel certain that Reynolds and co. will find the right person for the job, the way Wesley Snipes and David Goyer got Guillermo Del Toro for Blade 2.

I wasn't advocating for Miller to direct 3 Deadpool movies. In my opinion that has never worked out. It always feels like the director runs out of steam after the second movie or something else bad happens. I think that the director should be changed after the second film.

And I don't mind a director not even doing a sequel but this doesn't sound like one of those cases where a director just declined to do a sequel and went on his merry way. I haven't given up on the sequel yet, it really depends on the director.

we will never know but it would be nice to find out if it is about Reynolds ego. just for fun. to see if he is that dumb. after all those years trying to be a movie star and failing

I highly doubt Reynolds is the cause of Miller exiting.

Has the news still not being revelead as the filmmakers' first major troll for the sequel with a viral video confirming the sequel, casting and Tim Miller's return?

Ugh.

And I do find it kind of sad that Rob Liefeld did not spend ONE word in support of Tim Miller, considering that he was such as huge advocate for him, seems like they had a pretty good relationship and even recorded the audio commentary for the original together.

i just heard about this.

omg we are in trouble :(.

listen, even if they find a really good director to slide in, thats enough to change the feel of the film. also isnt what made the first Deadpool movie very successful is that magic combo of Miller, Reynolds plus two other people? (regretfully i forget their names at the moment). thats what worries me-- not the money, hell unless its a hot mess of Trankian proportions, Deadpool 2 will make bank. but im looking ahead, at future hindsight, that Deadpool 2 would feel like a disappointment to Deadpool 1 because its a rehash, or that it feels different and it just doesnt have the same magic as the first one did.

Deadpool 2 has the template of Deadpool to help, though. Even if the director isn't as good as Tim Miller, they have the benefit of not starting from scratch. That reassures me a bit.

Deadpool 2 has the template of Deadpool to help, though. Even if the director isn't as good as Tim Miller, they have the benefit of not starting from scratch. That reassures me a bit.

There being a template in the form of the original movie has never helped any sequel.

Sequels are movies on their own. There's no such thing as counting on a first movie's template to get the job done.

I really do not get why everyone is so concerned now. Deadpool 1 was an enjoyable but very medicore movie. I cannot even bring myself to re-watch it.

It cannot be too difficult to find a replacement for the former director...

Last edited:
I really do not get why everyone is so concerned now. Deadpool 1 was an enjoyable but very medicore movie. I cannot even bring myself to re-watch it.

It cannot be too difficult to find a replacement for the former director...

There are probably many people who disagree with you on Deadpool being mediocre, and I'm one of them.

A guy tries to act like his minority opinion is the majority opinion. That's the interwebs for you.

Yeah my concern for Deadpool 2 losing its director comes from the fact that I found the first film mediocre, without top notch directing. A film I never plan on ever seeing again. :o

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"