Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

He did write it along side Reese and Wernick, and I'm more then sure his input played heavily into the directing as well. Which will happen again.
Based on what? :funny:

Kinda sucky that Miller left because Reynolds wanted too much control (assuming the Wrap's report is true). Reynolds was the star, sure, but it was Miller who brought the whole thing to life and made it work. We know Reynolds can be good, but that doesn't make the movie good - Origins comes to mind. I have much more faith in Miller to make the right decisions.

To all disappointed by the news, I say.

tumblr_ofb0bisRHd1sc0ffqo3_250.gif

Anyway, if we're lucky, we might get the Winter Soldier equivalent for the character, and by that I simply mean better, not reaching that height of greatness.
If we're unlucky, we might get a Dark World sequel, or Batman Forever level of sequel.
And nobody dares to dread Son of Mask level of atrocious.

Funny how this board was singing a much different tune a year ago.
It is amazing that someone is actually saying a actor is more important then a director to the quality of a film. :funny:

Funny how this board was singing a much different tune a year ago. We have all known he has had pretty much final say on the story and creative side of things with this property.

Never was. I always thought Tim Miller deserved as much credit for Deadpool as Ryan Reynolds, and I've always thought that Director is King.

You can have all the right ideas, but a great director is what makes a great movie great.

The reason I think Tim Miller deserves credit? His film lost another $7 million off the top of its budget and had to cut some extra action scenes.

Something similar happened to Josh Trank, and his movie didn't turn out too well.

Just saying, Miller and yes the writers too had to turn lemons into lemonade after losing a chunk of the budget right before shooting. Fox clearly didn't have a ton of faith in their movie like they did. But they were able to see it through and work around losing all that money.

And just saying. A lot of people made excuses for Trank because he lost a significant amount of his budget for Fantastic Four before it went into production and some of the action scenes had to get cut.

And let's not forget that Tim Miller's test footage is why the movie got made. That was his take on the character and how he should be portrayed on the big screen. Just sayin'.

The reason I think Tim Miller deserves credit? His film lost another $7 million off the top of its budget and had to cut some extra action scenes.

Something similar happened to Josh Trank, and his movie didn't turn out to well.

Just saying, Miller and yes the writers too had to turn lemons into lemonade after losing a chunk of the budget right before shooting. Fox clearly didn't have a ton of faith in their movie like they did. But they were able to see it through and work around losing all that money.

And just saying. A lot of people made excuses for Trank because he lost a significant amount of his budget for Fantastic Four before it went into production and some of the action scenes had to get cut.
One director lost his mind and his next project, the other made a smash hit starring box office poison Ryan Reynolds.

Yeah the the difference is that Tim Miller didn't have a complete mental collapse like Josh Trank did.

....what?
The conventional wisdom was that Ben Affleck was going to save that movie from disaster and guess what that didn't happen because he wasn't the director. The director is King. Ryan Reynolds did not write nor did he direct Deadpool. Giving him credit for doing so is beyond ridiculous.

I thought is was OSCAR WINNER Christ Terrio that was gonna save the film.

Does that not say something about Miller as a director that he didn't have a freaking meltdown and abuse his whole cast after all the setbacks for his project and then on top of that losing another $7 million and three more action sequences?

Keep in mind guys. Most of these movies get budgets well over $100 million. Deadpool had less than $60 million. That's even less than Hellboy in 2004.

Even James Gunn is bummed out about this. Damn this sucks.

Does that not say something about Miller as a director that he didn't have a freaking meltdown and abuse his whole cast after all the setbacks for his project and then on top of that losing another $7 million and three more action sequences?

Keep in mind guys. Most of these movies get budgets well over $100 million. Deadpool had less than $60 million. That's even less than Hellboy in 2004.
Exactly. The man deserves way more respect than he's getting from certain circles.

Okay, while it sucks about Miller's departure, it's not the end of the world. They'll get another director and I would wager that the writing team and Reynolds will have some influence and try to continue what made the first one so memorable. And given the success of this one, I doubt those making the creative decisions would get some hack or a director that wouldn't be able to deliver an experience similar to the one we got with the first film.

So yeah, people can and will vent now, but the work picks up again soon and we'll begin speculating on the next director. All we can do now is wait.

He did this and didn't make a serviceable movie. He made a pretty damn good one by most people's perspective. But hey Ryan Reynolds got to be the funny guy in the red suit, he made the greatness!!! :o

Actors have a lot of pull in movies. Especially big names, they get away with what they want especially after a huge success like Deadpool because you can't make it without Ryan now. And actors are involved in a lot of creative decisions especially if they are producers. I know it's different because it's a long lasting franchise but Vin pretty much runs the Fast franchise and he probably gets the final say in a lot of things even over the director.

This happens all the time. I wonder who let the story come out because Fox wouldn't want anyone to think their main star is being a diva. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim's people leaked this but then again he seems to be on good terms with Fox.

Based on what? :funny:

Absolutely nothing. I never cared about this project or kept up to date for the past decade like the others on here.

I really don't understand this boards change of opinion, and don't even want to get into it. Enjoy the speculation.

Actors have a lot of pull in movies. Especially big names, they get away with what they want especially after a huge success like Deadpool because you can't make it without Ryan now. And actors are involved in a lot of creative decisions especially if they are producers. I know it's different because it's a long lasting franchise but Vin pretty much runs the Fast franchise and he probably gets the final say in a lot of things even over the director.

This happens all the time. I wonder who let the story come out because Fox wouldn't want anyone to think their main star is being a diva. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim's people leaked this but then again he seems to be on good terms with Fox.
How can you avoid it coming out? There's no way really.

Miller also had a great taste. Every costume and design, action... He squeezed the best possible result out of what he had to work with. I was really looking forward to his Cable and Domino...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"