Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

9cdd3799dcc8596215b88a5827fe42d4.gif

:funny: My bad. :o

The more time that passes by the more this feels like an ego trip by Ryan Reynolds.
He knows the second is going to make money no matter what because of the first movie. So he has a cushion and he knows it.

The more time that passes by the more this feels like an ego trip by Ryan Reynolds.

It does. Seems like Ryan Reynolds f***ed up big time on this one. Way to go!

And it's not like I'm really in despair mode. I mean, my life goes on. I'll go out with friends and half an hour and not even think about Deadpool 2 once. But I'm just not looking forward to this as much as I was hours ago. The magic is gone for now. And ironically (being a Deadpool fan), right now I'm much more interested in what Tim Miller is doing next than the Deadpool sequel.

So basically Reynolds wants a do-boy director that will take orders. Brett Ratner's phone should start ringing any second.

Well that escalated quickly.

I'm surprised there was no middle-ground for either the actor playing Cable or the look/feel of the sequel ***cough Reynolds ego trip**. Even though there weren't a ton of big shots in the first film, what we did get was fantastic and the VFX were absolutely top notch.

With Miller's background in gaming - he knew how to frame the action sequences. Not having him aboard is removing an integral part of the recipe that made the original a hit.

It does. Seems like Ryan Reynolds f***ed up big time on this one. Way to go!

And it's not like I'm really in despair mode. I mean, my life goes on. I'll go out with friends and half an hour and not even think about Deadpool 2 once. But I'm just not looking forward to this as much as I was hours ago. The magic is gone for now. And ironically (being a Deadpool fan), right now I'm much more interested in what Tim Miller is doing next than the Deadpool sequel.
I was on my roof right now, comtemplating whether I should go on or not. Then I remembered Daisy Ridley still has at least two more Star Wars movies. So I am back inside. :o

It's generally hard for a sequel to recapture the magic of the original anyway.

So basically Reynolds wants a do-boy director that will take orders. Brett Ratner's phone should start ringing any second.

Yup, seems like it.

I'm really worried about the possible directors being eyed. I'd hate for someone like Jeff Wadlow, Patrick Hughes, Robert Schwentke, etc. to get the gig.

Reynolds should try to get Miller back as soon as possible.

In any case, Tim Miller, unlike Trank, likely still has a cushion within the studio for sure since he was part of the team that made Deadpool happen.

It's generally hard for a sequel to recapture the magic of the original anyway.
Comic movies have had a good track record though. Though the majority don't have a first movie as good as Deadpool.

Great.

So we're swapping a potentially ambitious sequel, which would have mixed things up with a grander story for a potential 'typical comedy sequel,' which focuses too much on the comedy, and forgets all the other elements?

Here's my take on it: Tim Miller probably wanted to go all out with Cable's inclusion, and make a sequel which would juggle his heroism with Deadpool's off-kilter comedy. So more of a Lethal Weapon (1) instead of Leathal Weapon 3 or 4. Which I think is what we'll be getting. A lighter version of Deadpool, which will focus too much on the comedy (just switch Colossus with Cable) and ultimately bring few new things to the table.

Wonderful!

Ryan Reynolds seems to be on a real (ego) trip with this one.

sounds like a whole lot of assumption who's to stay miller didn't lose focus of what made deadpool special and wanted to just go huge action spectacle for follow up

sounds like a whole lot of assumption who's to stay miller didn't lose focus of what made deadpool special and wanted to just go huge action spectacle for follow up

I don't think so. Miller seems to care a lot about character and story. You should really listen to his interviews and the audio commentary. Dude comes off as sincere as they make them.

Gut feeling, pal!

Even if Deadpool 2 was a huge action spectacle, it would make perfect sense in the "4th wall breaking" way. You know how they were lacking budget with the first film? How that was a joke? Now Deadpool is a star. It writes itself really.

I don't think so. Miller seems to care a lot about character and story. You should really listen to his interviews and the audio commentary. Dude comes off as sincere as they make them.

Gut feeling, pal!

and reynolds doesn't??? dude stuck with with character for a decade because he loved the character

Well that's a sucky go. First of all if that's true about Kyle Chandler, Ryan you're an idiot because he's an absolutely fantastic actor who deserves a role like this. But also Ryan being a producer and star I also understand. He's the main star and should have a say in casting as he will be acting alongside these other actors. Secondly Tim did such a great job and has been there championing this film and it's so annoying that he won't be there anymore. It's sucks that an ego trip can possibly make or break this film. I sure hope this isn't going to effect it greatly.

Capable director's don't make great movies. Hell great directors already have that struggle. Deadpool was great, and the vast majorit of that was how it was directed and put together. That is all the director. This is horrible.

Well there it is, I don't think Deadpool was great. I don't even think it wanted to be a great movie, just a great time, which was part of the fun. So I stand by my statement, making a movie as good as the first is still within reach. I'm not dismissing Miller or downplaying the importance of the director, I just don't think the first one set a super high bar.

My biggest concern here is that Reynolds seems to be calling the shots, and I don't feel he's got what it takes to make it work.

Yup, seems like it.

I'm really worried about the possible directors being eyed. I'd hate for someone like Jeff Wadlow, Patrick Hughes, Robert Schwentke, etc. to get the gig.

Reynolds should try to get Miller back as soon as possible.

Couldn't agree more. From passion project to a hired gun to take orders from the star. The opening credits summed it up, Reynolds could be acting like "God's perfect Idiot"

so they also clashed over cable now dont get me wrong i love kyle chandler currently watching bloodline but he seems like a bad choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"