Titans Titans 1x06 - “Jason Todd”

I loved it.
Plan on watching it again as soon as I get home today.

Really hope we see more of Jason

Didn’t expect to find Jason as awesome as he was! Enjoyed his dynamic with Dick in how he admired him, but was a bit of a show off still. Also loved seeing the Batmobile, and the references to Dent and the Maroni Family. That brawl with the cops was brutal at the end!

Only negatives were Dick letting Zucco get killed and not enough of the other Titans.

Still think Doom Patrol is my favourite episode, but this is a close second!

I feel like the whole tracker removal thing is setting up Jason’s disappearance and death in a way.He had an issue with Dick removing his but he’s gonna end up being influenced by him and doing the same.
It’ll lead to Batman not being able to find or save him.

Curious to see how that whole thing will play out.
I don’t think we’ll be seeing joker.

The Robin dynamic is great. This has probably been the most enjoyable episode. The "warehouse" fight scene was awesome too. More please!

The scene where Dick didn’t help Zucco from Maroni’s men reminded me of Batman letting Ra’s die in Batman Begins

I feel like the whole tracker removal thing is setting up Jason’s disappearance and death in a way.He had an issue with Dick removing his but he’s gonna end up being influenced by him and doing the same.
It’ll lead to Batman not being able to find or save him.

Curious to see how that whole thing will play out.
I don’t think we’ll be seeing joker.
At best, I'm thinking a season finale shot with the crowbar sounds, Joker laughing, and Todd's face as it happens and the aftermath with the Batman stand-in showing up for a glimpse like the way Superman was teased in Supergirl.

I hope we see more of Jason. He is crazy!! The fight with the cops was awesome, although it makes you wonder how much of Jason wants to be a hero or just a kid who loves to kick ass. This was a great episode. I did miss seeing the other Titans though.

Side note: Do these Robins really need a cape as part as their costume? It seems a bit tacky for a modern take on these heroes. It's not as if they need the capes for help with flying.

Side note: Do these Robins really need a cape as part as their costume? It seems a bit tacky for a modern take on these heroes. It's not as if they need the capes for help with flying.
They do fly in, drop down, pretty often

Really liked the ep and the Dick/Jason dynamic. Looks like we're getting Nightwing soon.

I really love how Thwaites plays Dick. He's stoic and brooding but he's not devoid of emotion and levity. And you can tell Dick doesnt want to be this way but he's so damaged by his time as Robin that he cant find his way out. I really dig this character arc theyre pavinf for him.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on shh :funny:

The scene where Dick didn’t help Zucco from Maroni’s men reminded me of Batman letting Ra’s die in Batman Begins
Also Rorshach in Watchmen. "they will look up and cry for us to save them and I'll say No" (or something like that)

This series is doing everything right so far. it is by far my favorite tv show based on a comic. It's close to becoming my favorite comic adaptation on any screen,big or small. I hope they can keep the creative team and the cast together for the full run. Also it's much better than the small corner of the web it's been relegated to. I really hope enough people sub to the service to keep this thing afloat.

Great episode. Digging the show a lot.

This was awesome:

LfDxwph.png

This was the best episode so far, it was brilliant.

Brenton Thwaites continues to slay it as Dick Grayson, he's the star of the show for sure.

Curran Walters was great as Jason Todd, the writing and his performance combined was on point. You can see how much of a loose cannon he is, trying to start a fight in the bar, the way he took out those Cops, just wow.

I cannot wait to see what's in store at the weeks continue.

Best episode so far. Loved the glimpse at the Batcave and Batmobile. Jason is exactly like the comics too which is nice! I loved seeing Dick and Jason working together. The flashbacks to Dick's origin worked really well for me, I enjoyed the scene where Zucco was killed.

This series keeps getting better. I hope they have enough storylines in the tank for a season two and they keep this same momentum going throughout. DC series have a tendency to wane in subsequent seasons and I'm hoping this ain't the case here. Loving Titans so far! This series alone is definitely worth the subscription to DCU.

This series keeps getting better. I hope they have enough storylines in the tank for a season two and they keep this same momentum going throughout. DC series have a tendency to wane in subsequent seasons and I'm hoping this ain't the case here. Loving Titans so far! This series alone is definitely worth the subscription to DCU.

Judas Contract, my dude. Cyborg and Deathstroke have already been confirmed for s2

There's loads of storylines, there's even the next phase of the Titans they could do where they train the next recruits.

yeah loads of storylines. We haven't even gotten started in this one yet really. We've basically gotten intros to the team and the beginning of the Trigon /Brother Blood story. I know Cyborg and Deathstroke are coming next season but I thought I'd heard that Jericho and possibly Terra might appear also. And don't forget Donna Troy is slated to appear this season still.

As much as I want to see Jason turn into red hood.
I’m really enjoying him as Robin.
I hope they hold off on killing him for a bit :funny:
Dick is definitely on his way to becoming nightwing. I’m sure we’ll see that before the season is over.
Let Jason stay ROBIN for awhile.
He works well as a connection to Batman too.

yeah loads of storylines. We haven't even gotten started in this one yet really. We've basically gotten intros to the team and the beginning of the Trigon /Brother Blood story. I know Cyborg and Deathstroke are coming next season but I thought I'd heard that Jericho and possibly Terra might appear also. And don't forget Donna Troy is slated to appear this season still.

Pretty sure Superboy is coming too, remember that casting call from sometime ago for a character named "David" who sounded a lot like Superboy.

Anyone else feel like the pacing is a little to fast?

I just feel they want to make a shocking thing happen every episode that isn't related to any previous episodes.

I'm still loving the show, but I do hope they stop trying to be edgy every episode, and slow it down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"