Titans Titans - Season 1 Episode 11- "Dick Grayson"

Apparently they filmed an actual finale but it was cut completely. They will probably show it as 2x01.
Interesting decision, that makes sense especially when you take the cliffhanger ending into account.

I wanted to see Dick finally don the Nightwing alter ego and while I guess you could kinda call this episode filler that didn’t advance the overall plot very much, especially for a season finale, I loved the episode anyway, so it’s all good.

And don’t even get me started on that post credit scene, this show is going for it all and I love them for it.

Sure they are having plenty of cool comic moments but even bringing in SB wont matter much if we keep getting these incomplete stories. With the way they gave us the "finale" it made all the build up useless.

It would have been better to end the Trigon and Robin's angst storyline in season one and then have season 2 focus on Superboy and the Cadmus stuff.

Eh, I’m sure they have their reasons for not showing us what was initially supposed to their finale.

They’ve earned enough goodwill from me at least.

Eh, I’m sure they have their reasons for not showing us what was initially supposed to their finale.

They’ve earned enough goodwill from me at least.
I’ll definitely be back for s2. Superboy and Cyborg? Sign me up.

Wait, Superboy? That naked guy walking about looked far more than a boy - I assumed it was actually Clark?

Man. Im conflicted, the actual episode was really good but that was a crappy finale, especially when you realize that we're not gonna see season 2 until 2020. That was a lousy way to leave us hanging.

Overall, I really dig this show, but it had serious pacing issues in terms of advancing the plot. The actual quality and writing of the individual episodes, even the filler are good, but lacked direction.

Wait, Superboy? That naked guy walking about looked far more than a boy - I assumed it was actually Clark?
Yep it was my boy Conner. Although if you bring him in I hope they bring Cassie in as well.

Man. Im conflicted, the actual episode was really good but that was a crappy finale, especially when you realize that we're not gonna see season 2 until 2020. That was a lousy way to leave us hanging.

Overall, I really dig this show, but it had serious pacing issues in terms of advancing the plot. The actual quality and writing of the individual episodes, even the filler are good, but lacked direction.

wait. who said we won't see S2 until 2020?

if it's that long to wait, then my interest just dropped markedly, regardless of Superboy.

Confirmation about the finale
So I’m curious, in part because the episode count changed from 12 to 11: Did your original finale turn into the Season 2 premiere?
A version of that, yes. We’re cannibalizing some of the stuff from Episode 12 [for the premiere]. We thought it was such a good cliffhanger at the end of 11, and we wanted to go for an even bigger, better Season 2 opener. We had a big idea, and our friends at DC bought it.
Titans Boss Confirms Our Theory About That Batty Season 1 Finale — Plus, Are 'Super' Things Yet to Come?

wait. who said we won't see S2 until 2020?

if it's that long to wait, then my interest just dropped markedly, regardless of Superboy.
I seriously doubt they will wait until 2020. They start filming season 2 in February. With a 6 month shooting schedule they could drop Season 2 in October easily.

2020 is a long wait if there's any truth in that, and if we are indeed getting Superboy I ponder whether he'll be just as overpowered as Superman is within the DCEU, and in turn puts the other Titans to shame.

yeah, 2020 would be too long to wait and would kill what momentum, if any, this season built up. I know I would certainly lose interest.

anyways, watched Ep11 last night. by itself, the ep was good. but as a series finale, it failed. You can definitely tell they had more eps planned but changed course for whatever reason.

Ep11 would have worked better as the 2nd to last ep or even a mid-season finale. but as the actual season finale, it didn't work. And it further highlights the uneven pacing and structure of the whole season, leaving too many plotholes unresolved and the rest of the titans minus Dick and Rachel underdeveloped.

Heck, Dawn and Hank got more backstory in an ep that now feels even more out of place and unnecessary. Why did Dawn suddenly wake up and tell Hank we need to find Jason Todd? What became of that? Do we ever find out this season? No, we don't. and we have to wait a year ( or more ) to find that out.

That frankly is poor writing and storytelling and pacing.

The season needed at least 1 or 2 more eps to wrap things up. While Dick is the main character, the driving force of the whole season is Rachel and her "running" from her dad. That's what the whole season has been building towards.

And yet, the season finale ends with a dream/nightmare scenario confrontation between Dick and Batman, which is only tangentially related to Rachel/Trigon at the end.

I enjoyed Episode 11 but I am slightly pissed that that was the finale for season 11. I wonder what happened in the missing episode 12, now that Dick has gone to the darkside?

I am still hooked on the show. Its gotta return sooner than 2020! That way too long to wait. Despite the pacing of the plot, there was more than enough good stuff for me to put Titans above all current TV superhero shows.

This felt more like a mid season finale than a finale but it was still good. The Bat,an stuff was cool AF and even though it was obvious it was all gonna be in his head it was still cool to see this alternate reality if you will.

Still you'd think the Season Finale would have been the Titans coming together but they just weren't there at this point in the series. I think maybe a few extra episodes would have been better so the show could end with the Titans uniting but I guess we'll see that in S2.

That end credits teaser stole the whole episode though, I knew Superboy was coming and I had thought seeing him in the S1 finale wasn't gonna happen after

Personally I think if you'd asked me where I'd rank Titans up to the Jason Todd episode against other DC TV shows I'd have said the best but I feel like the season peaked with that episode. So comparing it to the others I still think Krypton is the best DC TV show at the moment.

Solid finale. Storming the manor and Batcave is kind of a big deal, and Dicks season one development, his fall into darkness arc, made perfect sense. I get that the story went to weird places, which largely seems to be the point, but I thought the series stayed pretty consistent from a character development and thematic exploration standpoint. They were smart about it, revealed just enough about who these characters are and where they’re going and left people wanting more.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt they will wait until 2020. They start filming season 2 in February. With a 6 month shooting schedule they could drop Season 2 in October easily.
2020 definitely. Especially if season 2 focuses on beast boy and Kory and they want fx that aren't sub Doctor Who quality

2020 definitely. Especially if season 2 focuses on beast boy and Kory and they want fx that aren't sub Doctor Who quality
It would be unwise for DC to kill the momentum this series has generated for the platform. Unless we hear a confirmed release date, I'm going to believe we're looking at a late 2019 release, perhaps Oct. or Nov.

It's a tv show, they dont spend an entire year working on special effects. They arent going to take an entire year off.

yeah, this isn't GOT which can afford to skip a year for its final season.

Titans would kill any momentum it generated if it skipped a year. especially with the relatively unsatisfying finale it had.

yeah, this isn't GOT which can afford to skip a year for its final season.

Titans would kill any momentum it generated if it skipped a year. especially with the relatively unsatisfying finale it had.
This....although I had no problem with the finale per se, it did feel like a midseason finale, which means they need to come back quickly with another new episode resolving that storyline rather quickly, maybe even dropping half of season 2 early. It would be a foolish move to wait any longer than a year, especially with all the good material coming out next year. Titans will easily get lost in the shuffle.

This....although I had no problem with the finale per se, it did feel like a midseason finale, which means they need to come back quickly with another new episode resolving that storyline rather quickly, maybe even dropping half of season 2 early. It would be a foolish move to wait any longer than a year, especially with all the good material coming out next year. Titans will easily get lost in the shuffle.

agreed. my interest has now shifted to Young Justice and Stargirl. and I have a feeling I will like Stargirl more than Titans because it won't be all grim/dark.

but even with Stargirl, if I have to wait 2 years for Season 2 to hit, I'd lose interest.

Really enjoyed this episode as an episode, but not as a season finale. Left a lot to be desired in that regard, but the overall episode was pretty enjoyable otherwise. Looking forward to more!

Watch Titans will release just as those 15 month subscriptions to DC Universe are about to expire, so that people have to renew.

So does Trigon know Bruce Wayne is Batman now, or did only Dick see all that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"