• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TOMB RAIDER being Re-booted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't played the reboot. After I beat the Tomb Raider trilogy I just purchased I'll get the reboot.

The TR reboot was the first video game I ever played through twice, just because I enjoyed the story so much. If this movie is indeed using that as a template, it has oodles of potential, imo.

Yeah, it's fantastic, so grimy and stripped down, but not overly dreary or anything.

And one of the best parts about it, in terms of a movie adaptation, is that it wouldn't really need a huge budget to do it justice at all. About $80m (same as the 1st Hunger Games film) is all it should need, imo.

Especially when it would actually serve them to tone the finale down a notch, since it felt OTT to me.

so we got fassbender for assassins creed and vikander for tomb raider and tom hardy is attached to splinter cell

uncharted better step up their casting game:o

And one of the best parts about it, in terms of a movie adaptation, is that it wouldn't really need a huge budget to do it justice at all. About $80m (same as the 1st Hunger Games film) is all it should need, imo.
It is like 80m, and then you get to the last act which adds another 40m. Those supernatural twist are a killer. :funny:

the budget will probably 100 million thats as much as national treasure cost

Hopefully they don't tone down the supernatural stuff. Embrace it.

ChTwEC1WkAI5oJG.jpg

I still haven't played the reboot. After I beat the Tomb Raider trilogy I just purchased I'll get the reboot.

The reboot is awesome. I haven't really played any of the old games but the one from 2013 is really great (haven't played the sequel yet), the story is good and the gameplay is really fun. I love the bow and arrow :woot:
The story is actually a little bit like Green Arrow's origin I feel.

The reboot is awesome. I haven't really played any of the old games but the one from 2013 is really great (haven't played the sequel yet), the story is good and the gameplay is really fun. I love the bow and arrow :woot:
The story is actually a little bit like Green Arrow's origin I feel.
I played Tomb Raider 1 and 2 before. I liked them well enough although I always thought that they were massively overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"