Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME. - Part 2

Cullen as Prime has brought a huge enjoyability and nostalgia factor to these movies that cant be understated, as you said, he IS Prime, you never doubt that for a second in these movies.

i remember when rumors were swirling about Clooney voicing Optimus

[YT]ZOOM31XBJZM[/YT]

Honest Trailers - Transformers 4: Age of Extinction (Welcome to China)
[YT]Zz5vEfa7UvI[/YT]

I watched this on Blu ray again and it really is an enjoyable movie, not a good one by any means, but very entertaining. The action is the best it's been since the first, and introducing 'the creators' and Lockdown as a villain who is on his own side brought a lot of freshness,mad well as the new cast of course.

The ending really sets up something interesting for the next movie as well.

This was one of the worst films I've seen this year.

Had to wait an extra week to watch this as got a faulty copy from Amazon :cmad:. Thankfully its sorted now though, I really do find this a mindlessly enjoyable action flick, and a good new start for the franchise.

As others have said the possibilities for the next movie are rather exciting as well.

I love the flicks but I don't get how Bay can manage to get run times for each of them on par with Lawrence of Arabia and ****.

AOE was over long, its a bit of slog to get through on repeat viewings but it contains some of the best scenes in the franchise and the best action since the 1st movie along with it, which makes it very rewatchable. And yes I know thats a contradiction.

The only TF films I plan on owning are the first one and AoE

AoE wouldve been muched better received if it cut out the whole Galvatron thing. That was so unnecessary and bizarre to introduce a new villain late in the 2nd act and not resolve anything with him.

The only TF films I plan on owning are the first one and AoE

AoE wouldve been muched better received if it cut out the whole Galvatron thing. That was so unnecessary and bizarre to introduce a new villain late in the 2nd act and not resolve anything with him.

I own them all, but I know what you mean. AoE and TF1 are the best. But sort of agree on Galvatron. I think his introduction was well done, but it should have just been left at that. The final battle should have been Lockdown and some cronies vs The Autobots and save more of the Galvatron stuff for a sequel.

Galvatron was fanboy wank, we all know this. So TF nerds could say he was included. Honestly if they're taking on the Quintessons and segueing into Unicron Galvatron may be an afterthought.

Ive been waiting for Unicron since the first film so hopefully he comes sooner rather than later.

I just hope Mark Wahlberg comes back. Im surprised people say this is the worst TF film when Wahlberg's character was bad ass. Taking on Lockdown, jumping on Lockdown's ship with little backup?

I liked him because he was proactive, not just there to run around and scream. He was ready to go and take on Lockdown when he saw his daughter and Optimus getting captured.

That's still one of my favorite action scenes this year. Next to the space ship battle in Guardians

I watched it this evening. What a terrible terrible movie.

I liked him because he was proactive, not just there to run around and scream. He was ready to go and take on Lockdown when he saw his daughter and Optimus getting captured.

Yep, he was great, just hope he comes back, though for some reason I cant see it. Loved the scene with him and the boyfriend on the ship were the boyfriend chickens out on him, was great.

Obviously could never afford the giant high-end statues but I got the Blu Ray set with the 9 inch statue for Christmas and it's awesome! :D

Plot was awful and scattered and just way too much. Action was awesome however if there's anything Bay can do for me it's action.

It's on Netflix, so I watched. God, that was a mistake.

It's so much worse than I imagined. The human characters are universally unlikable, and their story is one of hamfisted tedium--somehow even worse than the story of The Beef and Friends. Marky Mark's daughter is the most heinous of the bunch, contributing nothing to the film besides a plethora of gasps.

Meanwhile, the Autobots somehow manage to be even less likable than the frustrating human cast. These are the worst Autobots I can imagine. Apparently the only thing they value is violence, as they are constantly trying to kill each other and anyone (or anything) around them for no other reason than the fact that they can, and this is their sole character trait. They appear to be the good guys only by accident.

Optimus himself is a raging psychopath whose lines are often indistinguishable from those one would expect from a Decepticon. Oh, and freedom punches! Punch those dinobots directly into freedom, Optimus!

Meanwhile, the action is the film very pretty, but still terrible--like wonderous golden vomit. Each battle is boring, ill-conceived, emotionally-detached garbage. A gilded puke is still a puke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"