Endgame Valkyrie - Tessa Thompson

Anyone else notice the thing behind her ear in the AEG image? Almost like a sticker on her mastoid process? Or is it an earring and I just don't see the loop?

seeing her here was great. I wasn't expecting it at all when it happened, and then I thought that would be her only role, for like three seconds on the dock at New Asgard. But I was very happy when she flew in on her pegasus like the kickass warrior she is. And I was definitely not expecting her to become Queen of Asgard! That was cool!

Scene on the Pegasus was cool or whatever the Norse equivalent is called lol.

Making her queen of Asgard I thought was more for Thor's character than her but still cool will open the door for her to have more of an impact in the future I suppose.

Seeing the film finally I understand why Thompson is pulling for an A-Force film. You could see that there is a good base of female supers in the MCU in that moment where they all band together.

Valkyrie being
left as the Queen of Asgard almost guarantees there will be another Thor film. I LOVE it, Tessa's Valkyrie is awesome and huge improvement over her comicbook counterpart and her slicing that leviathan in half was BADASS.

No way they set that up just to have her occasionally appear in Avengers films.

Last edited:
Valkyrie being
left as the Queen of Asgard almost guarantees there will be another Thor film. I LOVE it, Tessa's Valkyrie is awesome and huge improvement over her comicbook counterpart and her slicing that leviathan in half was BADASS.

No way they set that up just to have her occasionally appear in Avengers film.
I concur. There will be a Thor 4

Kinda like BP I don't think Val can reasonably be both a ruler an an active duty Avenger... Which is why I hope they find a way to settle the Asgardians someplace else as well as free Val up.

This DOES raise some questions though... Maybe too deep dive but I mean... There are Asgardian "god" just hanging on Earth? And not really walled off from everyone else, like... There's a town full of gods in Norway. Uh... Okay. What's the rules now? Are they their own separate political entity? Can a super powerful Asgardian decide to leave and just like, join the military of another country? What of the various "magics" and talismans of the Asgardians? Couldn't they teach us all things we never dreamed of?

This... This all raised a **** metric ton of questions.

Kinda like BP I don't think Val can reasonably be both a ruler an an active duty Avenger... Which is why I hope they find a way to settle the Asgardians someplace else as well as free Val up.

This DOES raise some questions though... Maybe too deep dive but I mean... There are Asgardian "god" just hanging on Earth? And not really walled off from everyone else, like... There's a town full of gods in Norway. Uh... Okay. What's the rules now? Are they their own separate political entity? Can a super powerful Asgardian decide to leave and just like, join the military of another country? What of the various "magics" and talismans of the Asgardians? Couldn't they teach us all things we never dreamed of?

This... This all raised a **** metric ton of questions.

I know, right?
How about concerns from the GP about how long it is going to take for the Asgardians to decide they need to rule MIdgard- again. They are stronger, more technologically and magically advanced, have been the rulers of an empire which included earth, I mean, Odin called Jane a "goat" simply for being from earth. And now Valkyrie has a flying horse. How's that all going to work? It's def something not to look too closely at.

I know, right?
How about concerns from the GP about how long it is going to take for the Asgardians to decide they need to rule MIdgard- again. They are stronger, more technologically and magically advanced, have been the rulers of an empire which included earth, I mean, Odin called Jane a "goat" simply for being from earth. And now Valkyrie has a flying horse. How's that all going to work? It's def something not to look too closely at.

Aaaaand... It's something like a lot of the ramification of Endgame that I have ZERO faith in Marvel Studios to give any depth or real meaning in the future films. Sorry all... But that's how I see it.

Aaaaand... It's something like a lot of the ramification of Endgame that I have ZERO faith in Marvel Studios to give any depth or real meaning in the future films. Sorry all... But that's how I see it.

Maybe they really, really like to give fan fiction a chance to shine

Anyone want to explain

how the heck she got her flying horse back?

I really wish that they would give us a real big screen Defenders in the next Dr. Strange film. Tessa fills the role of post RAGNAROK Val pretty well. Imagine her, Hulk, Strange, Namor and Surfer together on the big screen?

I mean how can anyone really compete with her showing up on a pegasus.

tumblr_pr7iljrwsR1y9kq3to1_540.gif

Anyone want to explain

how the heck she got her flying horse back?

My guess is that a survivor of the Sanctuary II attack had brought a flying horse egg with them from the Asgard evacuation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"