Wanda / Scarlet Witch thread

Kind of odd the children look exactly the same though, maybe that is why she barely mentioned Vision. The other her can love someone else even though it has never seemed like 616 Wanda could love anyone besides Vision.

Wanda mentions that she dreams about her children every night, and we now know that dreams in the MCU come from alternate realities. So Wanda created her fake children based on the alternate realities she saw in her dreams.

Why were they screaming for help in Wandavision though?

I took that as her remembering how her fake children had screamed and begged for help as she lost control of her reality earlier in the show. The Darkhold was taunting her with the fact that she had let her fake children "die", which she tries to brush off with a wave of her hand as she continues studying the Darkhold.

And the whole point, the whole big lesson Wanda learned in WandaVision was letting things go.

Was it though? WandaVision ended with Wanda undoing the spells she cast for comfort (at the expense of a bunch of innocent people) and then secluding herself with an evil macguffin to continue looking for children she never actually had. That doesn't sound like she let go at all.

Wanda is evil and with the direction the film was going, I dont think there was any way they could have redeemed her in the end. Like WV, ever thing that happened was her fault. I could see how she could garner some sympathy in WV bc she was coming off the grief of losing Vision but that doesnt fly here bc those werent her real kids and it doesnt justify all the murder and chaos she was causing.

I took it as some variants of the kids were screaming for help in another universe and she had picked up on that.

Wanda mentions that she dreams about her children every night, and we now know that dreams in the MCU come from alternate realities. So Wanda created her fake children based on the alternate realities she saw in her dreams.

I took that as her remembering how her fake children had screamed and begged for help as she lost control of her reality earlier in the show. The Darkhold was taunting her with the fact that she had let her fake children "die", which she tries to brush off with a wave of her hand as she continues studying the Darkhold.

That's rather confusing and doesn't make sense based on what the movie showed.

I took it as some variants of the kids were screaming for help in another universe and she had picked up on that.

So what happened with that?

Those screams weren't by chance from the end of this movie, were they?

Anyway, to "appreciate" the power of the Darkhold, one needs to have watched AoS. It really does corrupt you.

Those screams weren't by chance from the end of this movie, were they?

Anyway, to "appreciate" the power of the Darkhold, one needs to have watched AoS. It really does corrupt you.

No they weren't.

I just wanna wish all Mothers out there a Happy Mother’s Day.
….Except Wanda Maximoff. Who tends to forget she’s not a real mother as her kids were never real. Just a figment of her desperate imagination. :o

Wanda has become my favorite and most developed character in the MCU.

Wanda has faced adveristy, death and tragedy (the bomb that killed her parents, Pietros death, the destruction of Zokovia, losing Vision 3 times and her made up children) and has been manipulated/controlled for most of her life (Hydra, Agatha and now the Darkhold). She is the most powerful being but weak psychologically and susceptible to manipulation.

I saw her isolation as a way to get away from people so she wont harm them and, likewise, they wont hunt or try to manipulate her; also because she just found out about her origin as the Scarlet Witch, chaos magic and the Darkhold which prophecies about her. Her taking the book was more about her trying to figure out herself by studying it but got corrupted by it due to her grief, loss and weak psyche and the Darkhold showing her the screams of her children asking for help at the end of Wandavision.

My question is - did Wanda dream of the children before Wandavision and created them in their image or did the dreams start happening after?

Loki established that those that get pruned still exist but go to an alternate world and conservation of energy state that energy can't be created or destroyed but it's also stated that Wanda can bend reality at will. So in a world of magic does those rules apply?

When Wanda closed the Hex at the end of Wandavision, did the children go to limbo, an alternate reality or a branched reality that perhaps she unknownlingly created? Are there more universes where Wanda has children or just the Illuminati world?

I was under the impression that Wanda being a Nexus being was unique in the multiverse much like Chavez.

While I wouldn't be opposed to more development between the 2....i think this is a case where the audience has enough information to fill in the blanks.

We saw Wanda studying the darkhold.
We know it can corrupt those that use it.
She comes across this spell that gives her a sense of happiness and it ultimately corrupts her to the point where she finds an answer.
Time passes and she feels that she needs this answer to solve her problems.

This.
I can agree that maybe it needed slightly more explanation, but it read to me as a clear case of "Don't pick up the One Ring, its bad". The movie makes clear that reading and using the Darkhold is A Very Bad Thing, and even establishes that Strange doing so once, briefly, is still a thing with consequences. What the movie probably needed was one scene making clear that Wanda found the Darkhold ( maybe in Agatha's library? ), and had unknowing and unrestricted access to it for months, which is what screwed her. She was basically in the same place as Illuminati-World Dr Strange, in terms of "By the time anyone realized the problem it was too late".

Which, note, I would say they *didn't* portray Wanda as irreversibly corrupted. She was in a very bad place, but all throughout the movie there were moments where she hesitated and clearly had *some* suppressed doubts. Thus why the ending could work- she was corrupted and warped by her love of her lost family, and when that motivation itself contradicted her corruption, it broke her free. Which was also foreshadowed by how Illuminati-World Dr Strange, who similarly broke free of his corruption when faced with the destruction of a whole world, thus his helping defeat Thanos in a different way and then submitting to his own death.

Glad she clarified that,
A rumor started spreading like wildfire yesterday that there was going to be a Scarlet Witch film in 2024.But, it wasn't reported by anyone credible.
2024 seems too early. 3 to 4 years from now is more likely.

Anyway, she's the only one after Carol and Natasha that is closest (right now) to headlining a female solo movie. Shuri doesn't even count as she wasn't meant to replace T'Challa as the lead in Wakanda Forever. I don't see why Marvel Studios couldn't commit to 1 movie Xpecially they eXtended her contract.

Was Wandavision really a redemption or acceptance? We saw her struggle with loss and grief and in the end she made things right but not ammends. She isolated herself so she wouldn't hurt others, so other's wouldn't hurt/control/manipulate her again and because study a book that talked about her.

I feel like the end of MOM was a step towards her redemption arc.

I posted this elsewhere

The line - "Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever" was thrown in just as fan service but it was as important for Doctor Strange as it was for Wanda's. The same sentiment carries over to Wanda and we saw in the end how she tried to redem herself for her mistakes and seemingly sacrificed herself and destroyed the Darkhold accross universes so she and others wouldn't be tempted.

Just because The Darkhold prophesied about her ruling or destroying realities she had to follow through, just because she fell and lost her path while corrupted does it mean she is lost forever and much like how Doctor Strange showed he could be a different kind of Doctor Strange she too could be a different Scarlet Witch.

Was Wandavision really a redemption or acceptance? We saw her struggle with loss and grief and in the end she made things right but not ammends. She isolated herself so she wouldn't hurt others, so other's wouldn't hurt/control/manipulate her again and because study a book that talked about her.

I feel like the end of MOM was a step towards her redemption arc.

I posted this elsewhere

The line - "Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever" was thrown in just as fan service but it was as important for Doctor Strange as it was for Wanda's. The same sentiment carries over to Wanda and we saw in the end how she tried to redem herself for her mistakes and seemingly sacrificed herself and destroyed the Darkhold accross universes so she and others wouldn't be tempted.

Just because The Darkhold prophesied about her ruling or destroying realities she had to follow through, just because she fell and lost her path while corrupted does it mean she is lost forever and much like how Doctor Strange showed he could be a different kind of Doctor Strange she too could be a different Scarlet Witch.

They didn't plan this out very well.

I don't think Wanda should be redeemed, she went too far. I understand being corrupted, but nothing from what we saw indicated that she was being controlled. She knew what she was doing, she just didn't give a damn. I think and hope she's dead and gone for good. That's not to say I don't want Scarlet Witch in the MCU, I do, but she should be from another universe. And while they are at it they should also bring back her brother and children.

But that was a different Dr Strange, our Stephen did not kill people, the Dr Strange that did all those things are all dead. So our Wanda should also stay dead. Just like I said, they could still bring in another Wanda from another universe. One that struggles with her powers but would not go too far as ours did.

I don't think Wanda should be redeemed, she went too far. I understand being corrupted, but nothing from what we saw indicated that she was being controlled. She knew what she was doing, she just didn't give a damn. I think and hope she's dead and gone for good. That's not to say I don't want Scarlet Witch in the MCU, I do, but she should be from another universe. And while they are at it they should also bring back her brother and children.

Again that was he influence of the Darkhold. As I said Agents Of Shield really highlighted how quickly and hard it corrupts it's reader. Plus the scene with Xavier going into her mind. The real Wanda was buried inside rubble with a tv near it. A scene from her childhood. I think it will need someone else to explain to others the danger of the Darkhold. Plus Olsen already confirmed she's coming back.

Again that was he influence of the Darkhold. As I said Agents Of Shield really highlighted how quickly and hard it corrupts it's reader. Plus the scene with Xavier going into her mind. The real Wanda was buried inside rubble with a tv near it. A scene from her childhood. I think it will need someone else to explain to others the danger of the Darkhold. Plus Olsen already confirmed she's coming back.
that wasn't the real Wanda, that was that universe Wanda whose body our Wanda was possessing

616 Strange didn’t cross that line but he definitely was willing to make the call as he told Stark in Infinity War.

Hawkeye and Winter Soldier/Bucky both managed to redeem themselves and find a place despite their crimes under Loki and Hydra control. 616 Wanda was corrupted and influenced by the Darkhold and instead of ruling/destroying the multiverse, as prophesied, she destroyed the Darkhold.

I hope we get more of this Wanda and not an alternate/variant. I don’t think we will see her anytime soon though, perhaps she can show up in Agatha since I imagine the spell broke off and Agatha could play become a mentor figure of some sorts. Or perhaps, if Secret Wars gets made, she can be the one that uses her powers and saves the multiverse from incursions, reuniting with her children and saving all realities. Just spitballing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"