Wanda / Scarlet Witch thread

Nah, the tv and rubble indicated it was the real Wanda.
I'm sure Charles told her that her mind was being held hostage by her alternate self and that the spell Wanda was using to control her would break when he pulls her out. The Wanda under the rubble was not our Wanda

Hawkeye and Winter Soldier/Bucky both managed to redeem themselves and find a place despite their crimes under Loki and Hydra control. 616 Wanda was corrupted and influenced by the Darkhold and instead of ruling/destroying the multiverse, as prophesied, she destroyed the Darkhold.

Just to note, neither of them had even one single thing to actually redeem themselves from. Because *you are not guilty for deeds done under mind control*.

This. Wanda has been walking a fine line since she was introduced and always had the capacity to do some truly heinous things. WV ended with her studying the Darkhold which is the reason why she is so far gone in this film

Wanda: You see the difference between you and me is that you did this on purpose.

WandaVision very much made it clear that Wanda was not in her right mind and was being manipulated by Agatha Harkness. Studying the Darkhold isn't the same as just seeing her again and go from a clear and sudden shift where she has this heroic ending at the end of WandaVision, and the other heroes are trying to help her and Hayward was the villain for wanting to take her out and for rebuilding Vision into a weapon.

They didn't properly develop and set up this outcome.

Not to mention WandaVision ends with her hearing the voices of her "children" crying for help. Multiverse of Madness does not continue off of that thread.

I really wish they had better handled her character and the connection to WandaVision. If it was the darkhold corrupting her mind, they could’ve just had one line saying that and it would’ve been much better. And the fact that there’s no mention of the fact that she heard her children shouting for help at the end of WandaVision.
I think it would’ve helped a lot if they had said that that was the darkhold’s manipulation and Wanda was trying to protect her alternate universe kids, instead of just trying to reunite with them. Like it’s her desperation to protect her kids, that’s why she’s willing to go so far. That would’ve been a better motivation to go… on a murder spree I guess. I mean she had just learned to let go of Vision, why does she need the same lesson again with her kids?

It’s a bummer. I’m curious to see how they handle the consequences of this going ahead. And again, I wonder how much of this was the original plan for the movie and how much was reshoots.

and the other heroes are trying to help her and Hayward was the villain for wanting to take her out and for rebuilding Vision into a weapon.
While weaponizing Vision is definitely a villainous move, I didn't like how the show made Hayward the bad guy for not having the same faith in Wanda as all the sympathetic characters. I felt that in a good show there should be room for even reasonable people to be against the protagonist. Don't get me wrong. I agreed with the characters who wanted to save the town by talking sense to Wanda. But Hayward thinking "An unhinged former Hydra operative is holding a town of a thousand people hostage. Let's just shoot the crazy terrorist." didn't strike me as an entirely unreasonable reaction to the situation. .

Last edited:
b34c5fb2a2e897464fe72f7fa13321ffd9640ca3.gifv

Arguments about characterization aside, I really loved some of the visuals they did with Scarlet Witch here. The fourth wall breaking, the crawling out of the mirrored surfaces like The Ring, the chase scene etc etc. So good.

While weaponizing Vision is definitely a villainous move, I didn't like how the show made Hayward the bad guy for not having the same faith in Wanda as all the sympathetic characters. I felt that in a good show there should be room for even reasonable people to be against the protagonist. Don't get me wrong. I agreed with the characters who wanted to save the town by talking sense to Wanda. But Hayward thinking "An unhinged former Hydra operative is holding a town of a thousand people hostage. Let's just shoot the crazy terrorist." didn't strike me as an entirely unreasonable reaction to the situation. .

You overlook all the other "villainous moves" Hayward did, and frankly, undersell the one you mention. Trying to weaponize the Vision's body wasn't just morally dubious, it went directly against the referenced legal duties that his position was supposed to be about enforcing. And in the name of violating said legal duties, he. . . covered it up, lying about what he had done and was doing to his own subordinates and to members of other government agencies. "Lets just shoot the terrorist" loses most of its moral validity when the reason you want to shoot them is to cover up your own illegal and unethical activities involving them.

Or, to put it bluntly, *even if Wanda were a 100% unambiguous villain in the story*, that still wouldn't save Hayward. It would just mean that the preferred outcome is "Before Wanda gets stopped, hopefully she kills Hayward, because he deserves it". And he absolutely does, he's cut of the same cloth as a Graydon Creed or Thaddeus Ross.

I may have expressed myself unclearly. I'm not say Hayward wasn't a villain. I was just annoyed that you pretty much knew he was a villain, that he had to be a villain, the moment you found out he doesn't like Wanda.

. "Lets just shoot the terrorist" loses most of its moral validity when the reason you want to shoot them is to cover up your own illegal and unethical activities involving them.
True. But I feel a show with more confidence in itself, its protagonist or its audience could have had that suggestion made by a character that wasn't moustache-twirlingly evil.

I wonder if the Wanda stans still stand by her or she is losing fans given what happened in this movie. Also agreed her characterization could be handled better than a sudden turn into a full throttle one dimensional villain. At least a clear explanation she was under an evil would help, and managed to snap out of it and bring it all down at the end.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Wanda stans still stand by her or she is losing fans given what happened in this movie. Also agreed her characterization could be handled better than a sudden turn into a full throttle one dimensional villain. At least a clear explanation she was under an evil would help, and managed to snap out of it and bring it all down at the end.
I mean, I continue to stan but I'm still annoyed at how she was treated. I mostly hope the GA who are not stans like me, still accept her.

She was the best part of this movie. There's a psychopathy to it all I took glee in. Yes, I did enjoy seeing Wanda as this Sam Raimi trojan horse ripping through the bland MCU, brutally killing off the boring Illuminati.

I mean, I continue to stan but I'm still annoyed at how she was treated. I mostly hope the GA who are not stans like me, still accept her.

I mean, people still accepted Tony Stark despite him attempting to murder innocent people *without* the excuse of wearing a magic corruption macguffin. . . . *ahem*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"