Warner Premiere Live-Action DC Films?

batlovescatDC

Tragic Love
Reaction score
What would you think if DC and WB started taking some of the popular but smaller DC characters and doing live action adaptations released by Warner Premiere (WB's direct-to-dvd label) much like their new line of DCAU films? I think it would be interesting to do.... we would definitely get a lot more DC films if they were making them and releasing the larger ones in theaters and then smaller ones on dvd at the same time. The Question, Black Canary, Blue Beetle, Power Girl, Zatanna, Doctor Fate, Etrigan, The Creeper and many DC characters along these lines could be given the dtv treatment and turn out well if they do them right.

If you would like this idea, please makes posts and discuss which characters you would like to see used by Warner Premiere.

I like the idea, but would also like to see some of the projects produced through Warner Independent Pictures. This would give producers the leeway to experiment with the genre as well as express their vision without being beholden to any rules laid out by certain financiers.

I like the idea, but would also like to see some of the projects produced through Warner Independent Pictures. This would give producers the leeway to experiment with the genre as well as express their vision without being beholden to any rules laid out by certain financiers.

Definitely a good point. I do agree with you. On the other hand if they are treated as independent films, will they still have as good of a quality, though? Just something to think about.

I would have liked to have seen that as well, but sadly, Warner Bros. is shutting down both Warner Independent Pictures and Picturehouse later this year, folding both into the mothership. Warner execs feel that everything the company produces can be properly handled under one roof. I read it as a consolidation of control. The jury is out on whether this will hurt certain kinds of movie made by the company.

Unfortunately with the success of Dark Knight, it looks like the suits at WB will only be concentrating on Batman.

Yep.

Huntress Black Canary, Birds of Prey, Etrigan, Dr.Fate etc would be perfect for this.

Creper and Blue beetle would be my choices only because I want to see them in live action but I know they wouldn't do well in theaters because they are very unknown

Creper and Blue beetle would be my choices only because I want to see them in live action but I know they wouldn't do well in theaters because they are very unknown
So was Blade, Hellboy and V for Vendetta.

A good movie could work for them just like theirs did.

Which Blue Beetle do you want in a film?

Unfortunately with the success of Dark Knight, it looks like the suits at WB will only be concentrating on Batman.

That only raises the bar for the quality of future films. It doesn't stop other projects from being made.

Maybe, but IMO...
animated dtv = awesome
live action dtv = kinda lame.

I guess it all depends on the talent behind it.

Creeper could make a great STV horror flick. Those always sell for a reason.

The others would be a tough sell. The Question comes to mind. Usually a low tech kinda project, but I wouldnt want him on STV. I think he has a good shot in theaters.

That only raises the bar for the quality of future films. It doesn't stop other projects from being made.

There never is any future films though. They had Superman Returns as the only other & they struck out with that IMO.

bring on The Question. i'd be up for a STV if possible.

Creeper could make a great STV horror flick. Those always sell for a reason.

The others would be a tough sell. The Question comes to mind. Usually a low tech kinda project, but I wouldnt want him on STV. I think he has a good shot in theaters.

yeah I can see the Creeper being a straight to dtv as a horror, comedy, action film, but it would lean more toward horror than the others with may aspects from the new steve niles version of the creeper.

The Question would work best as a tv series IMO.

Some DTV of smaller characters could be interesting, I'd want to see Richard Dragon, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle (Kord), and maybe Zatanna

I'd love one with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, it would be kind of like Rush Hour with superheroes.

yeah Booster Gold and Blue Beetle would be interesting to see together. yeah, ur right The Question is better off as a tv series.

The fact is..... The Dark Knight is going to make WB get in a rush to come out with another Batman film, yes, you are right, Peyton. BUT I also think that it's gonna make them want to get the other DC properties out there as well because they finally realize if a DC film is done right... it can make them a lot of money. Soon, DC Films are going to become like Marvel Films, we will be seeing quite a few of them.

The fact is..... The Dark Knight is going to make WB get in a rush to come out with another Batman film, yes, you are right, Peyton. BUT I also think that it's gonna make them want to get the other DC properties out there as well because they finally realize if a DC film is done right... it can make them a lot of money. Soon, DC Films are going to become like Marvel Films, we will be seeing quite a few of them.

Well I hope you are right. The only other film DC has mentioned was the Justice League movie & that seems to be in development hell.

Well I hope you are right. As far as i know, WW has been shelved & the Justice League seems to be heading there too.

Justice League is gonna begin shooting next year. according to the director of it. i'm up for seein a Justice League movie. a lot of ppl think it'd be horrible.

i agrre with the ideas of a ted kord blue beetle and black canary dtvs

Maybe, but IMO...
animated dtv = awesome
live action dtv = kinda lame.

I guess it all depends on the talent behind it.
WB needs to use direct to dvd seriously for it to work.

They should have learned that by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"