Riverdale Welcome to Riverdale: General Discussion

Just watched first 4 episodes.... Surprisingly interesting. Personally never thought ladies who look like Cheryl are 'hot'. I may very well feel Veronica's Mom is the most attractive.

But yeah, nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be. In fact, not bad at all.

Disappointed with this show.

The Archie comics that I grew up reading is supposed to be light-hearted, funny, drama.

And now, they turn it into some dark, "who dun it", murder mystery drama.

Kevin Keller is the character that I'm most looking forward to. And they changed him from being blonde in the comics to being a brunette.

I don't mind diversity. I welcome it. But this show, they are just adding diversity for the sake of diversity.

There's already an African-American character "Valerie" in Josie and her bandmates.

But now, they have to change the ethnic of all the band members in Josie and her bandmates.

Great. They finally cast an asian actor. But they cast him (Ross Butler) in the role of a mean bully. (Reggie)

Just because he's asian, he has to play the role of the antagonist? He can't be one of the good guys?

And the role of Dilton was supposed to be played by Daniel Yang. But they recast the role with a caucasian actor.

I feel sad and sorry for Daniel Yang.

The show has a lot of heart though, clearly, and also has a clear understanding and love for the Archie universe as a whole.

It may not be the funny and light-hearted Archie of old but with Archie possibly expanding itself on TV, we could see a more classic Archie in the vein of How I Met Your Mother or something like that in the future.

I was really looking forward to this show. Every week I try watching it, but I end up falling asleep.

I guess this is supposed to be some dark interpretation of the Archie comics, but I don't find it dark, I find it dreary.

Disappointing.

I was really looking forward to this show. Every week I try watching it, but I end up falling asleep.

I guess this is supposed to be some dark interpretation of the Archie comics, but I don't find it dark, I find it dreary.

Disappointing.

What I do is take a nap for a couple hours in the afternoon and I find this helps me stay awake while watching TV.

Disappointing.

Yeah, I've watched all the episodes, but just not getting into it... :(

Episode 5 was great. Next week looks like a game changer. As we near the mid-point of the season.

[YT]6WI3np_Nm9I[/YT]

I have liked each episode more and more. It is really working for me. Which makes the ratings situation rather sad to me.

I'm back onto the "Riverdale is headed to the Afterlife" theory. :awesome:

I think Afterlife would be fun for an episode or maybe even a season but I don't want the show to become another zombie apocalypse show.

A season arc of Afterlife where Sabrina or someone else screws something up and they have to fix it would be pretty awesome.

ep 7 is all about Juggie finally.

WTF? I thought people don't like this show! It's a Twin Peaks knock-off!

Nice to see this got renewed.

I am very happy about this. Did not expect it, but I will most definitely take it. :woot:

Congrats to all the Riverdale fans. I might give the show a watch during the summer.

Greg Berlanti really has the CW by the balls right now. The Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Riverdale, and the CW Seed trio (Vixen, Constantine revival, Freedom Fighters: the Ray) all running plus the Black Lightning pilot about to film.

Congrats to all the Riverdale fans. I might give the show a watch during the summer.

Greg Berlanti really has the CW by the balls right now. The Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Riverdale, and the CW Seed trio (Vixen, Constantine revival, Freedom Fighters: the Ray) all running plus the Black Lightning pilot about to film.

Ditto...

I'm going to do a binge this summer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"