The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Yeah, that is the key to me. In the end, it is just another religion, with all the failings as the ones that exist.

You just beat me SB. :D

My second favorite witch returns!!! :atp:

4 episodes into part 3, and I don't know what happened to the writing of this show, but it has gotten a lot better. I enjoyed the first 20 episodes. I felt like part 1 was consistently good, with issues. I felt like part 2 was uneven, but had some really enjoyable highs. But it was basically the Spellmans (especially Sabrina) and concept that made it one of my favorite shows. Here though, it is like they went full Riverdale and lost it's mind completely, in a good way.

Episodes no longer feel bloated, and Sabrina's progression feels back on track. The overarching plot as well as the individual episode stories feel of a much higher, funner quality. The problematic characters have had their roles reduced, while what material there is with them, is far more enjoyable and actually feels connected. It is like a well written Riverdale all of a sudden. I know the first season was conceived as a network show and then reworked. Maybe that is it? Whatever it is, with the first half of part 3 I can call The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina not simply one of my favorite guilty pleasures, but a very good one. I am so excited to see what the rest of part 3 has in store.

Damn this season was so ****ing good. Easily the best season yet and once again they end with a great cliffhanger for the next season. I couldn't agree more with Darthskywalker at just how much both the writing and pacing have improved this season. Episodes 4 and 7 were especially crazy and surprisingly pretty damn emotional at times too which I definitely wasn't expecting. These characters have really grown on me since the first season.

Yeah, I finished the rest of part 3 last night. I absolutely adore this bat**** show. :atp: :atp: :atp:

I have a lot to say, but I will just say I felt like part 3 felt full and complete, with a lot of interesting and compelling material, while also setting up part 4 perfectly. I can't wait... but it's Netflix. So the wait will be way too long. Oh and the Spellmans continue to be the best. Every single one of them... but especially Sabrina. :D

6c986737942b36db82b69266ef36204f309163c6.gif

Damn this season was so ****ing good. Easily the best season yet and once again they end with a great cliffhanger for the next season. I couldn't agree more with Darthskywalker at just how much both the writing and pacing have improved this season. Episodes 4 and 7 were especially crazy and surprisingly pretty damn emotional at times too which I definitely wasn't expecting. These characters have really grown on me since the first season.

Agreed on all counts.

I still can’t believe they went there while watching the end of ep 7 and the beginning of ep 8. It’s just not something you expect from this type of show. It’s dark,
depressing and devastating.

Yeah, I finished the rest of part 3 last night. I absolutely adore this bat**** show. :atp: :atp: :atp:

I have a lot to say, but I will just say I felt like part 3 felt full and complete, with a lot of interesting and compelling material, while also setting up part 4 perfectly. I can't wait... but it's Netflix. So the wait will be way too long. Oh and the Spellmans continue to be the best. Every single one of them... but especially Sabrina. :D

6c986737942b36db82b69266ef36204f309163c6.gif

The last couple of scenes aside, this would’ve been a satisfying series finale for me.

And oh, I’m totally aboard the
Zelda/Mambo Marie
ship!

The last couple of scenes aside, this would’ve been a satisfying series finale for me.

And oh, I’m totally aboard the
Zelda/Mambo Marie
ship!
I want this show to go on forever and a day, but it did feel like the endgame was suddenly a lot closer then before.

And yas. I called it a bit before it happened, and I was very pleased. :D:D:D

Just finished Pt.3 and it was devilishly good!

It took an equivalent of a 22 episode first season for the show to find it's proper footing but it certainly found it and now I am thirsty for some more, moreso than I've been before! I may have to go back and re-binge Pt.1-3 all together.

Though one thing they havent been able to fix are Sabrina/Harvey feeling like soulmates....I desperately wanted to feel that connection with them in S1 but Sabrina/Nick are far more interesting together and I am more invested them as a couple.

Prudence continues to be such a great character, I can only imagine how fun an even more wicked show featuring her could be.

I loved Lucifer this season, he was just delectable in so many ways and I can only imagine how pissed he'll be when he finds out that the witches no longer require his blessings and gifts. Wonder how long it'll take him to notice that they no longer pray to him.

I felt so bad for Future Sabrina...she saved herself only to be betrayed by herself who wanted to have her cake and eat it to....though I wonder how the first Sabrina managed to be saved and what hell on Earth Sabrina unleashed by never completing the loop

Now just find a way to turn Salem into an actual character and give me my Melissa Joan Hart cameo (the StTW fan in me needs it even though MJH isnt the greatest)

Honestly I think season 3 is my favourite so far. It’s lovely to see Theo meet someone nice and both aunts and Lilith had some great moments. Also caliban is crazy hot haha.

the only low point was the ending. So many nice plot points were rounded up but I bet they had to have a stinger for the next season. Just I wish it was a bit better than the generic
the bad guy is doing something bad. Bad guy: “soon I will do something bad haha haha”. Ok that will do let’s go to lunch
sort of ending

I came to this show relatively late. (I binged parts 1 and 2 in December and watched part 3 when it was released this month.) I’m not sure that part 3 is appreciably better. It’s all been good, in my view. Certainly, there was no drop-off in quality.

Speaking of “parts,” when Netflix renewed Sabrina for a “second season,” it was for 16 episodes. We got the first 8 (“part 3”); any news about when the next 8 (“part 4”) will be available?

Also… and needless to say, these “parts/seasons” designations can get a bit confusing. :cwink:

To be honest now that Disney+ is out and about it wouldn’t surprise me if they switched to a one episode per week model

I hope not. Thatd be a regression for netflix.

If they could move it to HBO Max, I'd still have hope, but they probably can't do that. They won't put it on the CW. Not that kind of show. I hate Netflix .I knew this would happen as soon as they started dividing up the seasons they way they did.

Yeah Netflix is not in it for the long game when it comes to most of there tv shows and its honestly kind of surprising that Sabrina has made it this far. I hate for it, but at least we are still getting another season and hopefully its a great one to end on like Dark Season 3.

Now that the Archie-based TV shows are about to be back down to one... please, for the love of God, RAS, get back to the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Afterlife with Archie comics.

Man thats sad, i really liked it for what it was.
Im always a bit unsure because i want a series i like to run very long, but then you have the possibility that it reaches the point where the show turns from good to incredible bad.
And i rather have a early end that feels good, than a show being dragged on for too long and being bad.

But its still sad when shows you like end either way.
Hope the final season can end on a high note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"