Whale song. The Aquaman composer thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Who would you like to see compose music for Aquaman? I hope they don't go all metallic sounding like Junkee or something. I would love to see someone like George Fenton who does the music for a lot of David Attenborough documentaries

I'm not sure about the composer. Though, I'd love a dark epic pirate like theme for Aquaman.

I think Great Big Sea would be a good choice.

I want to hear something like this for the Aquaman motif/ost.

[YT]CEelCHqsn7I[/YT]
[YT]gd22rCkvJoA[/YT]

Update: Brian Tyler has actually worked with James Wan before on Fast 7. If James can snag him for Aquaman and ask him to channel his Assassin's Creed Black Flag compositions then at the very least this film will have a great score.

Last edited:
I want to hear something like this for the Aquaman motif/ost.

[YT]CEelCHqsn7I[/YT]
[YT]gd22rCkvJoA[/YT]

Update: Brian Tyler has actually worked with James Wan before on Fast 7. If James can snag him for Aquaman and ask him to channel his Assassin's Creed Black Flag compositions then at the very least this film will have a great score.

Please let this happen!

Hopefully they get someone who likes doing traditionally orchestrated music, especially since they're going for an adventure feel. I could see someone like John Powell wonders for Aquaman.

[YT]tvriqdS3vsc[/YT]

This intro is so bad ass. Sounds a bit like whales.

As much as I love "AC4: Black Flag", other than the association to the sea people have when hearing it, there's no reason whatsoever for them to be influenced by English and French folk songs and minstrel music all those "pirate themes" posted above are heavily borrowing from. It simply doesn't make sense for Atlanteans and their culture.

Joseph Bishara

Insidious (2011)
11-11-11 (2012)
The Conjuring (2013)
Dark Skies (2013)
Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)
Annabelle (2014)
V/H/S: Viral (segment, Gorgeous Vortex) (2014)
Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)
Tales of Halloween (segments, Trick, Friday the 31st) (2015)
The Vatican Tapes (2015)
The Conjuring 2 (2016)

Just a feeling he might get the gig.

Lawd.

Joseph Bishara

Insidious (2011)
11-11-11 (2012)
The Conjuring (2013)
Dark Skies (2013)
Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)
Annabelle (2014)
V/H/S: Viral (segment, Gorgeous Vortex) (2014)
Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)
Tales of Halloween (segments, Trick, Friday the 31st) (2015)
The Vatican Tapes (2015)
The Conjuring 2 (2016)

Just a feeling he might get the gig.

Lawd.

Maybe, but Wan's first foray into big budget filmmaking saw him work with Brian Tyler instead.

I imagine Elfman's name is now in the pot after creating a theme for Aquaman in Justice League.

I know it would never happen but... I think it would be interesting to see what the end result would be if they turned the reigns over to a Slash or a Tom Morello to score. It certainly would fit Jason's AM vibe.

[YT]brGxrbgzjXg[/YT]

[YT]0VuhHmcGnsw[/YT]

[YT]BKz2U4fvA4U[/YT]

[YT]crdq2oYNaoc[/YT]

Last edited:
I know it would never happen but... I think it would be interesting to see what the end result would be if they turned the reigns over to a Slash or a Tom Morello to score. It certainly would fit Jason's AM vibe.

[YT]brGxrbgzjXg[/YT]

[YT]0VuhHmcGnsw[/YT]

[YT]BKz2U4fvA4U[/YT]

[YT]crdq2oYNaoc[/YT]

I like both guys but I don't know if they can compose on picture. On the other hand both Hans and Elfman started as rockers.
I for one would love John Powell for this. (Would love for a Goldenthal adventure score as well)

Maybe, but Wan's first foray into big budget filmmaking saw him work with Brian Tyler instead.

I imagine Elfman's name is now in the pot after creating a theme for Aquaman in Justice League.

Yes.

Bishara is not a composer I would like on Aquaman. His horror music is effective, but it's not good film music. Good horror music is something Elfman and Christopher Young excel at.

I just hope Wan picks someone seasoned like Elfman or Tyler... and not his Conjuring composer.

I'd find it ironic if they got James Newton Howard for this.

JNH's scores for Waterworld and Atlantis:The Lost Empire is enough proof that Aquaman is right up his alley. However, JNH has already taken a crack at co-scoring/scoring three DC movies (BB, TDK, and GL). He's overdue for an MCU movie, imo.

I feel like elfman might make it too samey though. We've heard tons of his scores.

A.r Rahman (slumdog millionaire) might bring an interesting sound!

Danny Elfman or John Williams of Star Wars lore as composer now that would be epic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"