What about Dracula for Phase 4 villain?

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
After Phase 3 and Thanos (hopefully) rocks the MCU Marvel has a serious Main Event villain shortage. With no Dr. Doom, Galactus, and apparently Kang in the mix for the MCU, who can they turn to?

My outside the box thought? How about Marvel's Dracula? He's gotten a push lately in comics and the animated series and he's been around for a while. He's also extremely well known with the audience (mainstream or not) so there is no introduction needed as to why he's a dangerous menace to our heroes.

I also think he'd play into Marvel's cinematic strength: the crossover. It's no secret that that has been Marvel's great draw abd they are upping that ante with Spider-Man returning. Dracula would blow that through the roof.

Also think of all the cool possibilities they could do with him. They could retell the story of Dracula set in the MCU! Heck they can add Frankenstein's Monster as well (he is and has been a Marvel character). The two have appeared and battled in Marvel comics before. This would be a major boon to Marvel's already successful formula.

Thoughts on Dracula leading an army of his "Children of the Night" vs The Avengers & co?

I would go with either Dark Reign or Secret Wars, though the latter may be redundant after Civil War. Dark Reign though, would be a good choice IMO.

Nope.

He's more like Blade villain. But even then I'd rather see Blade take on Morbius if he was to get a reboot.

Dracula has been done to death at this point.

As a Marvel Monsters fan I'd be all for it, but I think it's more likely for a second Netflix lineup or something (you know, in addition to The Defenders). Maybe Blade, Werewolf By Night, Elsa Bloodstone, and Frankenstein, leading to a Legion of Monsters event series.

I'm hoping for Dark Reign as the Phase 4 "big bad" plot. Espically with Matthew Macaughnahey possibly playing Norman Osborne, they'll want him to have a big impact.

But I do really want to see Dracula in the MCU.

fakedracula.jpg

His look is snazzy enough to put himself a fang above all other Draculas. And get Christopher Walken to play him while they're at it.

I'd rather not. I'd rather see Namor, Count Nefaria, MODOK or High Evolutionary first. Dracula is too tied to Blade in the same way that Kingpin is tied to Daredevil.

Dracula's definitely outside the box, using the crossover concept to basically get into Universal's classical monster territory... but therein lies the problem because Universal is already working on a crossover with those guys and so now you're in competition, perhaps legally. Best to build up crossovers with Marvel's characters and not rely on crossover appeal from outside of Marvel.

For me, I'd like to see:
Phase/Avengers 4: Masters of Evil
Phase/Avengers 5: Skrulls(/Kree?)
Phase/Avengers 6: The Beyonder (who can stand in for Kang, Galactus and everyone else you could think of).

If somehow life continues on after that, things like the Squadron Supreme/Sinister, Ego The Living Planet and other more esoteric villains may need to come into play.

Unless Blade is brought back to the MCU, no.

Dracula or Morbius would be awesome to see

hopefully Dr. Strange will be the first Marvel movie to really introduce us to more supernatural/horror lore within the MCU

Not feeling Marvel Dracula - GA might find it contrived. Let's add Marvel Frankenstein and Werewolf By Night while we're at it. And with Universal doing their whole "monster cinematic universe" or whatever it's called, I just don't see it. An original vampire character like Morbius would probably be better received.

Still bumming about Kang but I love the idea of using the Kree/Skrull War in future films. You also got Secret Invasion, Dark Reign (now that Osborn is in the mix) and even Seige. Combining Seige with the the Reigning storyline I think could be damn epic.

Lots of cosmic characters in play although I have no idea where their rights are. Warlock/Magus has huge cinematic potential I think. Then there's the Living Tribunal, Order/Chaos, Eternity, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Beyonder in these films at some point. I'm pretty sure he's with Marvel.

Real pity about Galactus, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, etc. though.

Leave Dracula out of the Marvel movies. They shouldn't even use a character with that name. Need a vampire? Use Morbius...though I think that vampires are so over-done that they should probably limit a story like that to Netflix.

Dracula is great but coming after Thanos? He's nowhere near that level to be able to carry an Avengers movie. As a Blade villain, sure, he'd work just fine. But Marvel's Dracula hasn't ever been a cosmic player, nor will he ever be (unless it's a "what if" story).

Dracula is great but coming after Thanos? He's nowhere near that level to be able to carry an Avengers movie. As a Blade villain, sure, he'd work just fine. But Marvel's Dracula hasn't ever been a cosmic player, nor will he ever be (unless it's a "what if" story).

Tod50.jpg

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"