• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What is DC Entertainment doing? What is their plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point if WB feels that they want to keep on rebooting Batman and Superman for 5th billion time then let them. All the see is money and profit, not how to develop other characters even though they sell well on their own comic book department. If they don't want to move on then let some other studio take a chance at it.

Captain Marvel is way overdue for a film, he's just like Superman except is kid in a man's body living a kid's dream to be a superhero. This would be the guys that I would love to see in Power of Shazam!

Billy Batson=Zachary Gordon he was funny as hell in Diary of a Wimpy Kid and the kid can channel Billy Batson.

Zachary-Gordon-greg-heffley-diary-of-a-wimpy-kid-11212907-533-800.jpg

Captain Marvel=Kevin Durand has been an amazing actor always playing bad guys, dumb guys and heroes, if anyone should be Captain Marvel it is Kevin!
kevin-durand-walking-tall-world-premiere-in-los-angeles-1C1CqP.jpg

Black Adam=Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, had said before in the past that he wanted to play Black Adam and if anyone was making a Captain Marvel Movie he would do it in a heartbeat, can you smell what Black Adam is cooking?
rock-blackadam.jpg

well considering WB OWNS DC they aren't going to allow other studios to profit off their property...nor are they obligated to....

Of course they won't cause then they would see "Dawm we should've done that, why didn't we think about, call the lawyers, the judge, the red cross!"

Then again, like I said is just an idea of the perfect people to play Cap and the crew.

I just read the post....not caring about your fan scribblings

I hope DC gets their film s*** together but I really think they are just concerned with keeping Batman and Superman relevant...it makes them good money and its easy

I just read the post....not caring about your fan scribblings

I hope DC gets their film s*** together but I really think they are just concerned with keeping Batman and Superman relevant...it makes them good money and its easy

I'm no fan, just a regular guy with ideas of his own.

Bats/Supes will not stay relevant for long, by looking at MOS they are using the new suit from the DC Reboot and they're recycling Superman II. Once Nolan is done with TDKR he'll focus on Supes and that will be it, recycle the character over and over and over again.

Last edited:
Superman is still 10x more relevant than any Marvel character or DC character (except maybe for Batman) will ever be....at least in the consciousness of the general public....5yr old kids in Ecuador know who Superman is

Superman is still 10x more relevant than any Marvel character or DC character (except maybe for Batman) will ever be....at least in the consciousness of the general public....5yr old kids in Ecuador know who Superman is

Look, I can go back and forth on this. Superman is an ICON no questions about it.

But when you have a competitor pushing other product out no matter what that shows innovation and production.

WB hasn't done that with the exception of Batman, that's it. Superman is still being worked on but with characters from Superman II. Superman has been played by many actors but there's only one Iron Man.

And I bet the same 5 year old kids in Ecuador know who Mickey Mouse is, Spiderman is, Bugs Bunny and Santa Clause.

a big part is passion....WB isn't passionate about developing DC properties, to them DC is just a part of the WB conglomerate

and I think people in the movie industry know this, and this is why they can't attract the talent that Marvel Studios has

a big part is passion....WB isn't passionate about developing DC properties, to them DC is just a part of the WB conglomerate

and I think people in the movie industry know this, and this is why they can't attract the talent that Marvel Studios has

You are SO RIGHT ABOUT THAT MAN!!! There are people out there that were willing to help WB out and they messed it up for themselves they don't even have a plan right now other than moving on with the GL sequel. Dammit.....

Catch-22.

Studio milks products on a consistent/yearly basis = beating a dead horse and producing mass bullcrap for the almighty dollar

Studio sits on its loins and takes their sweet time = they don't deserve these properties, they clearly don't care

These scenarios can be framed any which way one desires. And its especially easy to critique when they are not experts on the matter, nor are their own personal finances and job being put on the line with every important decision.

But when you have a competitor pushing other product out no matter what that shows innovation and production.

WB hasn't done that with the exception of Batman, that's it. Superman is still being worked on but with characters from Superman II.
As compared to TDK, which recycled characters from the original (Burton) Batman. What prevents Superman from elevating the genre under the same mechanics?

I'm drunk but you are so wrong on so many levels. In ten years, Marvel is soooooooooo going to own the market that it's not even funny, especially with Disney backing them. Xmen has 2 shows on g4 and Disney xd while Superman has not one animated show and Marvel continuallly has movies coming out, both live action and animated that when kids become adults they will support them. Just saying bro..........DC is not going about this the right way. ALOT of people see Superman as being a corny hero with everything given to him.....call me psychic but I don't see the new Superman movie doing that well.......not because I don't see it being a bad movie.........I see it being a great movie but because a lot of people seeing him being a hero being corny because of him being treated that way. Say what you will about Marvel........Thor has almost the same power as Superman but he's almost as down to Earth as Superman as you will ever see but he's so much relatable as Superman with a villian that will challenge him that's it's not even funny.............bah I'm drunk! But come 2012 you'll see! Superman will make as much as Cap not because it's a bad movie........but because WB wasted so much time in one/two characters that the genre has past them by. :o

I agree....WB is wasting time and no matter what they do, and Marvel gets farther and farther away

I don't know if you are serious or making fun of me. :huh:

Im being very serious.....as a movie fan, Marvel is being very ambitious in building their universe and making it all connected and make sense and if DC ever gets around to doing that, they will look like Johnny Come Lately

Catch-22.

Studio milks products on a consistent/yearly basis = beating a dead horse and producing mass bullcrap for the almighty dollar

Studio sits on its loins and takes their sweet time = they don't deserve these properties, they clearly don't care

These scenarios can be framed any which way one desires. And its especially easy to critique when they are not experts on the matter, nor are their own personal finances and job being put on the line with every important decision.

As compared to TDK, which recycled characters from the original (Burton) Batman. What prevents Superman from elevating the genre under the same mechanics?

Oh I don't know but I'll go on what I think. First, you cannot compare Burton's films to Nolan's they are two different generations and to be fair Burton was short of one film to make it a trilogy.

Superman film with Zod had already been done in Superman II. Which also says that Brian Singer tried to make a sequel to Superman II by making Superman Returns and forgetting Superman III and IV yet making a mess out of the Superman mythos.

What prevents Superman from elevating is the cast of mediocre villains that have already been used. Zod and Luthor have been used, the one complaint that most fans had was the lack of challenge that Superman had. There was no one to fight him toe2toe, had Braniac or Metallo being in MOS then maybe it would've had fans rooting for it. Yet all we get is Superman VS. Zod. VS. Brian Singers mess. That's all I see, and Nolan is backing this up so WB must really be trusting him to push thru on MOS even though is Snyder directing the film.

Oh I don't know but I'll go on what I think. First, you cannot compare Burton's films to Nolan's they are two different generations and to be fair Burton was short of one film to make it a trilogy.
Yet you are very eager to compare Snyder's film which has even larger generational gap from Donner.

Superman film with Zod had already been done in Superman II. Which also says that Brian Singer tried to make a sequel to Superman II by making Superman Returns and forgetting Superman III and IV yet making a mess out of the Superman mythos.
Singer has nothing to do with this, so let's stop there. Zod is a repeat villain, as well as Joker, as well as Two-Face, as well as Catwoman, as well as Bane. I do not see how Nolan is excused from re-using existing villains, but it is a fault for anyone else.

What prevents Superman from elevating is the cast of mediocre villains that have already been used. Zod and Luthor have been used, the one complaint that most fans had was the lack of challenge that Superman had. There was no one to fight him toe2toe, had Braniac or Metallo being in MOS then maybe it would've had fans rooting for it. Yet all we get is Superman VS. Zod. VS. Brian Singers mess. That's all I see, and Nolan is backing this up so WB must really be trusting him to push thru on MOS even though is Snyder directing the film.
Your answer amounts to "it can't be improved because the people that tried beforehand failed". That is not a valid response.

Yet you are very eager to compare Snyder's film which has even larger generational gap from Donner.

Singer has nothing to do with this, so let's stop there. Zod is a repeat villain, as well as Joker, as well as Two-Face, as well as Catwoman, as well as Bane. I do not see how Nolan is excused from re-using existing villains, but it is a fault for anyone else.

Your answer amounts to "it can't be improved because the people that tried beforehand failed". That is not a valid response.

Yes, I'm very eager to make comparisons cause like most fans it has already been done. If you are going to pull all the stops on character that big then put him against someone just a powerful as he is, I'm not saying that Zod isn't but he has already been done. Joker is character that is not easy to pull off, the Joker has had a span of being on screen (live tv and film) close to every 20 years and I'm not counting the animated Batman series with Mark Hamill. The Batman villain have been in more live tv and films than the Superman villains.

How can you fail at something that you haven't tried yet? Obviously they have cause they are redoing it again.

Yes, I'm very eager to make comparisons cause like most fans it has already been done.
Mhm. And so have half the villains Nolan has done, yet people are still in wild anticipation. Clearly the audience doesn't care so as long as the villains are portrayed right.

If you are going to pull all the stops on character that big then put him against someone just a powerful as he is, I'm not saying that Zod isn't but he has already been done.
Thanks, you've written the rebuttal for me. This argument would have held weight had Lex been the main villain. As it stands, Zod has everything required to make a threatening antagonist. Everything. The only "fault" being that he'd already been done -- which quickly falters considering that period was ages ago. You can pull off so much more today.

Joker is character that is not easy to pull off, the Joker has had a span of being on screen (live tv and film) close to every 20 years and I'm not counting the animated Batman series with Mark Hamill. The Batman villain have been in more live tv and films than the Superman villains.
Funny you say this. Would you like to calculate how long it's been since Zod has been on-screen (not counting that series with Tom Welling)? :D

Mhm. And so have half the villains Nolan has done, yet people are still in wild anticipation. Clearly the audience doesn't care so as long as the villains are portrayed right.

Thanks, you've written the rebuttal for me. This argument would have held weight had Lex been the main villain. As it stands, Zod has everything required to make a threatening antagonist. Everything. The only "fault" being that he'd already been done -- which quickly falters considering that period was ages ago. You can pull off so much more today.

Funny you say this. Would you like to calculate how long it's been since Zod has been on-screen (not counting that series with Tom Welling)? :D

Dammit, did they do Zod on Smallville too? I only got to Season 6. Still another villain of Superman's Gallery would've been much better than repeating the same two in the big screen.

The audience didn't start caring until the first pic of MOS came out, which was the one with Henry Cavill coming out of a broken safe.

Also you are welcome on the rebuttal, but it wasn't what I was trying to get too.

Dammit, did they do Zod on Smallville too? I only got to Season 6. Still another villain of Superman's Gallery would've been much better than repeating the same two in the big screen.
Yes, Zod was a fairly prominent villain all throughout the last seasons. And while they took 3 steps back for every one that was forward, it did reveal the potential Zod has on Clark's story, far beyond than the conventional type that Terrence Stamp played.

I can understand desiring someone else just on the principle of variety, but comparisons are diluted when considering the last outing was well over 30 years ago. Technology alone grants today's artists numerous avenues that weren't even conceivable back then. If Zod fails to be a hit with audiences come 2012, that will be on Snyder's hands, not the character.

I don't have high hopes for MOS. Despite the good cast. If MOS pulls an SR then where is WB?

The studio should have gone with Captain Marvel or Flash instead of another Superman film. Audeinces don't relate to Superman and I don't see Nolan or anyone else being able to change that.

Yes, I'm very eager to make comparisons cause like most fans it has already been done. If you are going to pull all the stops on character that big then put him against someone just a powerful as he is, I'm not saying that Zod isn't but he has already been done. Joker is character that is not easy to pull off, the Joker has had a span of being on screen (live tv and film) close to every 20 years and I'm not counting the animated Batman series with Mark Hamill. The Batman villain have been in more live tv and films than the Superman villains.

How can you fail at something that you haven't tried yet? Obviously they have cause they are redoing it again.

Yes. WB should have done something different with MOS. Doing another origin story is not what i call doing something different.

MOS so needed a new villain. I'm surprised Nolan didn't insist on that.

Well the thing that worries me about MOS is it's almost like SR where it's a remake of the previous Superman series. SR picked up basically where Superman 2 left off and now once again they are using Zod. I'm not saying MOS won't perform well but I honestly don't believe it will make more than Thor did. They really should have used a different villian and I know I have said this before but tying those heroes together would have made more sense as well. Can you imagine a Darkseid invasion of Earth and each hero's movie kind of leads up to it? I can't either under WB. Just saying.............I think MOS will do ok but..................I'm just not sold on it.

I don't get why people think the people who will be giving this thing most of the money know or care that Zod was in a movie before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"