What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

2b9AwpE.jpg

View attachment 83469

Good movie with a GREAT score by Toto. Still haven't seen the newer ones, so I'll probably watch the first one sometime this week and then part 2 whenever it hits streaming.
Observation: It seemed most every fantasy/adventure movie of the 70’s and 80’s used some variation of “beyond your imagination” in the promotional materials.

Infinite

I never heard of this movie before. Having watched it, now I know why. It takes bits and pieces of other sci-fi stories and puts them together in a poorly written screenplay full of exposition and dull characters. Mark Wahlberg's uninspired performance matches Antoine Fuqua's uninspired direction.

MV5BY2NiYTFkNWYtZTI5NS00MjA5LWE3YmItYzA3MzJiMjg5Yjc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg
MV5BMTk4NTcxNTQ5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTk5OTU4OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg
MV5BNzgyMDFlZjEtMmVlNS00MTZjLWE2N2UtMTgzY2NjMTg0Y2FhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX220_.jpg

movie
genre
rating
Black Sunday (1961) AKA The Mask of Satanhorror★★★★☆
Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016)horror★★★★☆
Twins of Evil (1972)horror★★★★☆
Before I Wake (2018)drama, fantasy★★★☆☆
Damsel (2024)fantasy, adventure★★★☆☆
House on Haunted Hill (1959)horror, mystery★★★☆☆
The Marsh King's Daughter (2023)crime, drama★★★☆☆
Poor Things (2023)sci-fi, romance★★★☆☆
Sweet Home (1989)horror★★★☆☆
Epic (2013)animation, adventure★★☆☆☆
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)adventure, fantasy★★☆☆☆
Spaceman (2024)sci-fi, drama★★☆☆☆
Time Cop (1994)thriller, sci-fi★★☆☆☆
Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)sci-fi, action★☆☆☆☆
Disturbing Behavior (1998)mystery, horror★☆☆☆☆
House on Haunted Hill (1999)horror★☆☆☆☆
The Possession (2012)horror, thriller★☆☆☆☆

Some horror hidden gems in this round.

The original House on Haunted Hill is pretty decent, but not the remake. This was my second time seeing the remake - I saw it in the theater when it came out last century, but didn't remember it being as bad as it is.

Jolie is game as Lara Croft, but the 2018 Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander (★★★★☆) remains the best live-action TR movie. I have that on Blu-ray.

Sweet Home is the Japanese horror movie that inspired the Resident Evil video game series and had its own game on the Japanese Famicom (NES). Worth seeing for that fact alone at least.

Last edited:
The original House on Haunted Hill is pretty decent, but not the remake. This was my second time seeing the remake - I saw it in the theater when it came out last century, but didn't remember it being as bad as it is.
Love Vincent Price's original HOHH. It's one of my favourite Halloween watches (the remake is garbage). Rewatched Ouija: Origin of Evil recently after watching Flanagan's two mini-series The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor. Interesting to see how many times he reuses actors (no complaints - they do a great job every time).

INSIDIOUS : CHAPTER 2 ( 2013)
1710809715199.png

I really enjoyed this one, even more than the first.
My only regret is , I wish I had seen this in a packed movie theater in 2013, instead of streaming it a decade later.
It seems like it would have been a really fun watch with an audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"