What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

The Great Escaper (2023)

Fantastic swansong for Michael Caine (who insists this is his final film) and Glenda Jackson (RIP). The true story of a British World War II veteran who in 2014 left his nursing home early one morning (without telling staff) and made his own way over to the D-Day commemorations in France.

GHmH42ZWEAAULLT.jpg:large

Road House (2024)

Wonka - The Scandal That Rocked Britian

First of all, that poor actress that undeserved became the "comical sad face" of this viral thing, is not in this documentary. Yeah, wonder why..?

wonka scandal.jpg

Considering todays social media climate, of course a quickly released documentary about this viral disaster was bound to happen. I mean, lets forget about the Gaza or Ukraine situation for a while, and outrage on stuff that really matters. Hence of course I had to watch this.

Were talking about an event in Scotland including interviews with upset Scottish parents and other Scots speaking in Scottish accents.. Ngl, without English subtitles occassionally the dialogue vanished over this old Scandinavian fart's head lol. Thankfully the narrator had a classic British accent. Seriously though, I always feel bad for parents and families who feel snubbed when paying up serious money (maybe saved for a while) in order to have a good time with their kids. And disappointed kids are never a good thing (we all have those crappy childhood experiences lol). They have their fully rights to feel totally upset about this fiasco (scam).

But still with that in respect, and how much i feel for those hired poor young designers and the whole crew who'd realised this was ****ed up from the beginning, this event naturally still have some meme-worthy hiliarity built in it. Especially when you watch the whole area and how dull and crappy it looked compared to the scam AI advertising pics which lured all the parents and kids. Not to mention that strange silver face mask creature they invented that scared the crap off the kids lol. There's some comments on all of that from the crew (which I understood like half off lol).

They also bring up a similar failed event called the Lapland New Forest fiasco in 2008. I was like: Wait, I ****ing LIVE in Lapland - why have I never heard of this?!

Well, because this "Lapland" crap took place in Hampshire UK.. :rofl:

Last edited:
Saturn 3 (1980)

Hc37jyW.jpeg

First of all, Kirk Douglas actually lived till he was 104 (in 2020). Now that's damn impressing in itself. Sadly though, Farrah Fawcett only lived until her 62th birthday (2009), which truly sucks considering her 70s iconic pop cultural status which lives on today. However, this means Douglas was already 64 in this flick, and Fawcett was 33. Yeah. One could say Douglas looked really youthful for his age back then (way less gray hairs than me lol). Yeah, but still..

My favourite hilarious dialouge between Fawcett and Harvey Keitel:

- Yes, you have a great body. May I use it?
- I'm with the Major.
- For his personal consumption only?
- Yes (yup, 64yo Kirk Douglas' "personal consumption" of Farrah Fawcett..).
- That's penally unsocial on Earth, you know that?

During the aftermath of Star Wars, Superman The Movie, Alien, The Shining etc, etc, typically timed when VHS was slowly becoming a thing, we saw the glorious growth of crappy B-movies in sci-fi, action flicks, horror movies etc, etc. And us kids of course loved it.

Whilst being in that typical era, this had some kind of budget with a fun cast though. It looks kinda decent over all, and there's some robot stuff I seriously dig here.

Of course it's still a far, far cry from pure quality sci-fi flicks in that late 70s/early 80s era like Alien or (so ****ing underrated) Outland. And feels more like mid 70s sci-fi. Which isn't a bad thing.

A claustrophopic but fun 70s sci-fi flick with a perfect hungover quality during this easter holiday. I'll drink to that. And RIP Kirk Douglas and Farrah Fawcett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"