What will be the best comic book movie of 2016?

kryptonjedi

Civilian
Reaction score
For that year I think we have Batman vs Superman, Captain America 3 , X-Men: Apocalypse and The Amazing Spiderman 3(Marvel studios usually release 2 films a year so I'm not sure on what the other one is).

Which one do you think will be the best film and which one do you think will make the most at the box office?

As for quality I feel it will be battle between Third captain America and Apocalypse.

The question with Spider-man Is will Sony try to fix any mistakes of ASm2

With BatmanVSuperman Zach Snyder as director Is question mark for me.Can he do better
tahn Man of steel.The fact Goyer was rewritten is postive sign.

Box Office:

Batman/Superman
X-Men: Apocalypse
TASM3
Cap 3

Critics:
Captain America 3
BVS
Amazing Spider Man 3

Hard to predict with the critics, Amazing Spider-Man 3 will probably try to up its game when it comes to the quality, otherwise, its power in the box office will keep going down. I predict it as:

Box Office:

Batman/ Superman
Captain America 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 3

Critics:
Captain America 3
The Amazing Spider-Man 3
Batman/ Superman

In the box office, i could see X-Men taking cap's place, but considering that it will be coming fresh from Avengers 2, i think that film will get yet another boost, as long as the quality is still as high.

When it comes to the critics, i don't see BvS improving at all, without Nolan, Goyer is a little more unfocused, while Zack Snyder's style isn't very well regarded.

Gonna be a great year that's for sure. 2015 looks meh by comparison

Box Office:
Captain America 3
Batman vs Superman
X-men Apocalypse
TASM3

Critics:
X-men Apocalypse
Captain America 3
Batman vs Superman
TASM3

The way that films and life goes it probably wont go the way you hope or expect. I think AMS 3 will be the surprise best critically after, finally, getting their game together Cap3 and Apocalypse will both be good but not as good as their previous installments and BvS will divide opinion with Nolan fans on one side, Supe's fans angry about his lack of screentime in his own sequal on another and Snyder fans, assuming he has some left by then.

BvS will probably make the most money.

I think Cap 3 and X-Men: Age of Apocalypse will be the best ones. I'm not expecting anything great from TASM 3 or Batman vs Superman.

It'll probably be between Cap 3 and Apocalypse. I don't expect ASM3 or BVS to be critical hits.

I'm not expecting Batman vs. Superman to do well with critics honestly. With the general audience it'll probably do great though.

So....

The sequel to CAP TWS,

Batman v Superman (World's Finest on screen together for the first time, plus Wonder Woman's debut, EisenLex, and the start of the Justice League),

Potentially the Sinister Six in TASM3,

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE,

At least one more Marvel Studios movie,

all in 2016.

(plus Star Trek 3, Planet of the Apes 3, Prometheus follow-up, Warcraft, Pirates, Fantastic Beasts, Avatar 2, and book-ended by Star Wars in December 2015 & 2016))

Good lord.

Last edited:
At this rate spider-man comes trailing in last in both categories.

BO:
X-Men Apocalypse
Batman Vs Superman
Cap3
TASM3

Critics:
X-Men Apocalypse
Cap 3
Batman Vs Superman
TASM3

Gonna be a great year that's for sure. 2015 looks meh by comparison

That doesn't mean that non Comic Book movies will suck though. The two biggest movies of 2015 will likely be non-comic book properties in Star Wars 7 and James Bond 24.

I'm hoping Apocalypse will win when it comes to critic reviews.

Box-office, I think Dawn of Justice will be the highest-grossing out of the 4.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Batman v Superman the most,
but that's because I'm a DC fan.

As for number 2............ I thought DOFP was the strongest Marvel
film this year, and I disagree with most people, and preferred TASM 2
to Cap 2 (but then Captain America is my least favourite super-hero).

To be honest I felt like the leads in DOFP and TASM 2 did a lot better
jobs than Evans in Cap 2. Sure, he was good (as an incredibly one-dimensional , and generally boring character IMO) but Garfield had some moments where he really "was" Peter Parker (which is saying a lot for me,
as I thought Maguire was superb as PP). And people compare that performance to Bale's in the Dark Knight Trilogy......I just can't see it.

Anyway, while DOFP was a triumph, I put that down to McAvoy, Fassbender
and Jackman's performances. Will those three be in Apocalypse ?
Sure Jackman will, but Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen will be pretty old
by then ? I don't think the world is ready for another actor to take
over as Professor X. I know that DOFP rebooted time, but which X-Men
are going to appear in it. Also, DOFP was a beloved and acclaimed classic
xmen story from (IMO) the X-men's best run ever (Dark Phoenix Saga, Proteus, the introduction of the Hellfire club, the Brood). Apocalpyse was a big messy cross-over from the 90's. Sure, it had some great bits, but as
a whole was very untidy.
I can't see it having the same impact as DOFP, and Xmovies can be really
hit and miss ( X 1 and X2 were great, Last Stand gets a lot of hate, X Origins and The Wolverine were pretty average, and DOFP and First Class were awesome),

I think it will come down to getting good leads, and a very inspired casting for
En Sabah Nur/ Apocalpyse. That could make or break the film.

Cap 3 will dominate the American Market, but internationally, B v S: DOJ will probably kill it.

Personally, I'm hoping that critics will be less divided than on MOS, which I loved anyway. But really, if it is as successful as MOS, I'll be happy.
To be honest, I still think the casting of Gal Gadot is a huge risk, and there are a lot of better actresses out there who would have done the part proud.

I think TASM 3 has the potential to be either awesome, or another good-looking mess. Again, I differ from many who didn't like it. I thought the dialogue generally lame, but the performances were still very good (especially given what they had to work with) and Garfield's Peter Parker gets better every time you see him. And that' s the real strength of the Spider-Man films, is that the audience can get behind PP and cheer for him.

I think some inspired casting for the villains will make all the difference. Dehaan was a great Harry Osborn, but an awful Green Goblin.

So, my personal line up

1. B v S: D of J
2. Xmen:Apocalypse
3. TASM 3
4. Cap 3.

We'll see what happens.
That's just IMO

If things go on like last year with Man of Steel and this year with the other three movies
I'm expecting Captain America 3 to be the best in quality
X-Men movie has the potential to be a strong success critically, if not the best then it could be an equal to Cap, or possibly better
The other two will struggle

If you think any CBM out grosses BVS you're fooling yourself. I dont think it's gonna be good but it's a lock for a bil.

Yeah especially with the last 2 Batman films both got a billion at the box-office.

I want them all to be great and I want them to stay great with time. I had the last three in my top 5 list for a good chunk of time but now only one of them is there. Unfortunately, I think only Apocalypse is gonna get stellar reviews.

Box-Office

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice- Nuff' said
X-Men: Apocalypse- DOFP got astounding reviews and the best BO earnings of any X-Men flick to date. That plus old and new cast should push it up.
Captain America 3- I have a feeling that this won't reach the bar set by TWS but it will be good
The Amazing Spider-Man 3- The future looks a mess for this series

Critics

X-Men: Apocalypse- 85%-95% on RT
Captain America 3- 70%-85% on RT
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice- 50%-80% on RT
The Amazing Spider-Man 3- 50%-70% on RT

Rumor is ASM3 Is being pushed to 2017 and The Sinister Six will get it's slot In June 2016.

If DIsney doesn't blink and put cap3 In April It will suffer at box office.Reportly after harrison Ford's Injury J.j. Abrams and lucas film wanted to push Star Wars episode VII to
May 2016 release but disney won't budge on December 2015 release date.

BatmanVSuperman has rebooted Batman + Wonder Woman In it's favor.It's a event film.
Cap3 comes out a year after Age of ultron.Iron Man 3 was able to benefit from fact the avengers huge success and that Is was known it could be Robert Downey JR's last film
as tony Stark.Those factors aren't in play for cap3.We all know chris evans will be back
as cap for avengers 3.And cap would be up against a event film.

As for X-Men apocalypse is Bryan Singer's version of AOA,and it is followup to the most well reviewed and most sucessful WW X-Men film but one of things that helped DOFP was return of Original cast and having both original and FC casts In same film.Apocalypse
won't have that except for Hugh jackman.And it remains to be seen if new actors as Cyclops,Jean,and Storm will create the same excitement as return of original cast.
Channing tatum as Gambit may help makeup for lack of OT cast aside from jackman

BvS is going to slaughter the box office. I think Terrio/Goyer will deliver on the story too.. X-Men: Apocalypse and Cap 3 are probably going to be really well written too, but i don't think they'll make as much as BvS

Personally, I think BvS: D of J will be the definitive CBM of the year.

For box office it will probably go like this

1. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Bad Titles (Batman makes it a box office winner, at least the first time they pull the trick)
2. X-Men: Apocalypse/Captain America 3 (Like 2014, it will be close).

4. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (That Amazing moniker is becoming awfully ironic these days)

There is no real reason to speculate on critical reaction yet when Apocalypse doesn't have Singer yet confirmed as director, and who knows what direction they'll take Cap 3. So, I will abstain from guessing on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"