Far From Home When will Spider-Man 3 get announced?

With Spider-Man 3 I'm begging the film makers to have a serious tone (for Marvel). The Spider-Man are skewing too close to Ant-Man style of comedy rather than Civil War comedy. A movie with serious elements and themes that 'happens' to have jokes.

A third Spider-man movie is not going to be announced until Sony makes a formal decision on whether to reup their agreement with Marvel. Until that happens, expecting any news is pointless.
But I thought a third Spider-Man movie was part of the original agreement. 3 Solo movie and 3 other appearances

Please explain.

Well I preface this by stating that we don't know 100% but I'm just going by what both Fiege's and Tom's statements in the past. Tom has specifically stated his contract has 6 movies in it. However, Feige has stated that they have a 5 movie storyline starting with Civil War and ending with Far From Home.

Kevin Feige said:
We are looking at a five-movie storyline — Civil War, Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, untitled Avengers, Homecoming 2 — or whatever we end up calling it — as an amazing five-story journey for Peter Parker, in the way that the events of Civil War directly inform the opening of Homecoming and his state of mind as he goes back to high school, so too will the events of the next two Avengers movies as he continues with high school.

Now yes, I realize that this doesn't outright say the Disney/Sony deal is only for 5 movies, but to me it seems strange that he would specifically only say 5 and not 6. Granted it could be because at this point in time Sony had already announced they were making a sequel to Far From Home, so perhaps Feige would did not want to go ahead and speak beyond that.

However, Sony quickly announced they were making Far From Home after how many views the 1st Homecoming trailer got. Based on that, you would think they would have done the same after the 1st or even 2nd Far From Home trailer was released....unless of course the deal ends with this movie.

Well I preface this by stating that we don't know 100% but I'm just going by what both Fiege's and Tom's statements in the past. Tom has specifically stated his contract has 6 movies in it. However, Feige has stated that they have a 5 movie storyline starting with Civil War and ending with Far From Home.

Now yes, I realize that this doesn't outright say the Disney/Sony deal is only for 5 movies, but to me it seems strange that he would specifically only say 5 and not 6. Granted it could be because at this point in time Sony had already announced they were making a sequel to Far From Home, so perhaps Feige would did not want to go ahead and speak beyond that.

However, Sony quickly announced they were making Far From Home after how many views the 1st Homecoming trailer got. Based on that, you would think they would have done the same after the 1st or even 2nd Far From Home trailer was released....unless of course the deal ends with this movie.

If it is a 5 movie deal that means Marvel/Sony are going to have to renegotiate more movies. That means it isn't a done deal.

Well yeah, that's the idea.

With Spider-Man 3 I'm begging the film makers to have a serious tone (for Marvel). The Spider-Man are skewing too close to Ant-Man style of comedy rather than Civil War comedy. A movie with serious elements and themes that 'happens' to have jokes.

I hope in a third film a LOT of his classmates take a fairly heavy backseat. Obviously Ned and Michelle should stay in the forefront but push the others back.

I hope in a third film a LOT of his classmates take a fairly heavy backseat. Obviously Ned and Michelle should stay in the forefront but push the others back.

That may well happen if
Peter and crew are on the run because Spider-Man has been outed

I just gravitate to more serious Marvel movies. Winter Soldier and Black Panther being my favorites. Sure, those movies have comedy but if you're cracking jokes every five seconds you can't take the movie seriously.

Here's how I'd like to see the next few films go:
(2017) 1. Homecoming
(2018) -- Venom
(2019) 2. Far From Home
(2020) -- Venom 2 (with Tom Hardy and Tom Holland vs Woody Harrelson's Carnage)
(2021) 3. Hunted - Kraven, Black Cat and Silver Sable introduced. Peter graduates high school at the end of this one. MJ gets a modeling gig and goes by a stage name of Mary Jane Watson.
(2023) 4. Sinister Six - Doc Ock unites the team (Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven, Shocker, Scorpion, Ock) MJ and Peter break up for a while. He meets Harry and Gwen in college. Doc Ock kills Gwen's father.
(2025) 5. Big Time - Peter tackles organized crime. Would love an appearance by Daredevil and/or Kingpin. Tombstone would also be acceptable. Black Cat plays a large role. Gwen and Peter develop a relationship much to MJ's chagrin.
(2027) 6. No More - A better Green Goblin in a better Death of Gwen Stacy story. MJ returns to comfort Peter. I'd also like to see Ned appear as Hobgoblin at some point. OOOH the emotional turmoil would be palpable. Tease Miles Morales...

Intro Miles in a "Young Avengers" movie.
Potential villains to use in eventual Miles Morales movies:
Prowler
Electro
Spider Slayer (maybe a Peter team up?)
Jackal
Mr. Negative

Last edited:
How are the chances this will be released in Summer 2021? I hoped for 4 movies a year. I was sad that was not part of the reveal.

How are the chances this will be released in Summer 2021? I hoped for 4 movies a year. I was sad that was not part of the reveal.
Spidey usually takes the summer July spot so it's not impossible

I think they should bring the movie out in 2022. Three years to get the movie right. Especially the effects that (IMHO) was a little too 'CGI' in the last movie.

If you look at the dates for future MCU movies and the current trend of MCU Spiderman movie releases, 2021 makes the most sense. Sony always wants the July 4th week for Spiderman. 2021 has cleared that path for it where as 2022 has a date untitled movie at the end of July. MCU movies have never released super close to each other and I don't think that will change now.

And yeah, Tom Holland is getting older. Their Spidey was different because he was much younger. But if they wait too long, then they can't really make that case anymore lol. Maguire was 27 when his Spidey graduated HS, Gafield was 31. If they wait till 2022, Holland will be 26.

Sure it won't be much different in 2021, but I think they should try to wrap up the HS trilogy as early as possible so he can finally move on. No more being bound by those rules holding back his age and the year the movie takes place in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"