Where are all the Marvel games??

I’m not expecting much but small hope for some surprises.

After seeing MoM again last night I feel Dr Strange is primed for a video game. Levelling up and learning new magic as you go.

Also always said Daredevil is rife for an Arkham type game.

Even if they just rereleased the old x-men legends games, I would be happy with that. Although a black Panther game would really knock my socks off

That would definitely be cool! Even a Lego fantastic four would make me so happy but they’re also overdue a proper game

I need a Shang-Chi fighting game in my life, I'll take a Sifu style or 2D Streets of Rage 4 side scroller OR I need him to turn up in Street Fighter 6 as a guest character.

Honestly Sifu is already pretty close. I'm sure there's a mod somewhere to play as him haha

I still want a Captain America sandbox game. Make it an Arkham clone with some Assassins Creed and Metal Gear elements, set it between Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron. Steve Rogers vs a freeform map under the control of Hydra.

Hmm I see a Captain America game as a linear game that is set in different cities and even countries.

It'd be interesting if other than Peter/Miles, Marvel could release an open world game for someone else (that isn't a Marvel team up). I'd be surprised but not surprised if Wolverine ends up open world since Insomniac made those Spider-Man games.

An Iron Man game has just been a no brainer to me for so long. Especially with suit upgrades as you level up.

Great. Hope they can do it justice.

Here's a little recap
Spider-Man (2018, Insomniac)
Avengers (2020, Crystal Dynamics)
Miles Morales (2020, Insomniac)
Guardians of the GalaXy (2021, Square EniX)
Spider-Man 2 (2023, Insomniac)
Wolverine (2024, Insomniac)
Iron Man (EA Motive)
Black Panther (EA)

The ones that don't have their own triple A game yet for current gen consoles:
Thor
Captain America*
Hulk
Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
Captain Marvel
Black Widow
Shang-Chi
Eternals
Thunderbolts
Blade
Deadpool
Fantastic 4
X-Men

*I didn't count that upcoming game with Black Panther as its a team up

I only mentioned the ones that got their own MCU movie or getting their MCU movie. I figure those are the ones that would be shopped around by Marvel for developers and publishers. I hope we get so much more of these third person action adventure games in the neXt ten years or so.

EA is currently working on three games. Iron Man is announced. Black Panther isn't officially announced but heavily rumoured - this isn't related to that Captain America/Wakanda game fyi. And there's a third one. I hope its a solo or a team game like GOTG.

I also found out that Wolverine Insomniac is set in the same universe as the Spider-Man games, so surely it can't be just Wolverine joining Spider-Man in the action. Thor, Steve Rogers and Hulk seem like neXt the logical choices for solo games. While for teams, a new X-Men game is way overdue and has more appeal than F4. Though I'm assuming a Fantastic 4 game would much easier to develop since it could be limited to 4 playable characters unlike the X-Men. I can't imagine Black Widow, Blade, Thunderbolts, Shang-Chi and Eternals getting their own AAA game but who knows.

Last edited:
I'm glad new games are in the works, but EA being involved still makes me cautious.

Not saying EA is incapable of producing great gams, just need some verification first you know?

My first choice for a solo game (that hasn't been announced or isn't rumoured) is Dr. Strange or Thor. Dr. Strange for the weird enemies/settings. Thor for the 9 realms. They could do a lot with Dr. Strange's skill tree and spells.

But the one I really want to see is a X-Men game. Just having to play Storm, Psylocke, Jean, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Rogue, Angel and Colossus in a modern triple A third person game in the level of Arkham games and Spider-Man Insomniac would be amazing.

Fantastic 4 would be cool too, as they could do different things with F4's rogues gallery. But that should come out when F4 is popular again to the public.

My roster for Marvel's X-Men

Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Rogue
Iceman
Gambit
Angel
Psylocke
Colossus
Nightcrawler

- No Wolverine as he's getting his own game, none of the X-Men got their own game eXcept for him.
- I limited this to ten playable characters, but I don't mind if we get more like Beast, Kitty, Emma, Bishop, Havok and Jubilee. I just listed the most essential players for a X-Men videogame.
- I'm thinking X-Men Legends meets Spider-Man 2018. There is no free roam during story missions but once you're back at the mansion, you could free roam at the mansion and travel to the locations you've activated in story progression. There are also side missions which aren't required to complete to get the story ending.

I’ve been watching trailers for the new one piece game called one piece Oddysey. You play as luffy but you can occasionally switch to other characters to help you out. I’m almost wondering if that might be a good fit for x-men too!

Damn, the DC fan in me is yet again jealous.
Like we cant even get more than 1 Smartphone game and after what 5-6 years with gotham knights finally one new game.

Marvel got avengers, guardians, spider-man and now a dozen of others while having 4 or what smartphone games?
Branch out WB with DC, let more than your own developers make games for the love of god.

Anyway, as overall Comic fan...this is good news, even if its EA.
We need more games based on comics to show the industry the value of Comic Book characters.

Would be cool more if Marvel Games license more characters to other PlayStation Studios like Bend Studio, Guerilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"