Where are all the Marvel games??

Damn, the DC fan in me is yet again jealous.
Like we cant even get more than 1 Smartphone game and after what 5-6 years with gotham knights finally one new game.

Marvel got avengers, guardians, spider-man and now a dozen of others while having 4 or what smartphone games?
Branch out WB with DC, let more than your own developers make games for the love of god.

Anyway, as overall Comic fan...this is good news, even if its EA.
We need more games based on comics to show the industry the value of Comic Book characters.

Well DC do have the Suicide Squad game coming out next year and there is a Wonder Woman game in development with the Nemesis system being incorporated.

Would be cool more if Marvel Games license more characters to other PlayStation Studios like Bend Studio, Guerilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog.
Probably better if they're not all exclusive.

Well DC do have the Suicide Squad game coming out next year and there is a Wonder Woman game in development with the Nemesis system being incorporated.
Really hope the WW game hits the mark. At least it's a good studio behind it.

The more superhero games we get the better for me as the characters are ripe for it.
Agreed. Just need a minimum quality for all of them.
The Arkham games and Spider-Man show how good superhero games can be. Would really love a modern X-Men Legends equivalent.

Really hope the WW game hits the mark. At least it's a good studio behind it.
They would eventually come to PC if another PS studio is behind a Marvel game.

I know Series X would be missing out again if that were to happen, but the best studio/most suitable studios to work on Marvel games imo, are mostly PS Studios. Maybe Capcom too using RE Engine/Rockstar/Hangar 13 but I prefer the look of ps' third person games with Marvel games.

I still don't get why they prioritized a Batman spin off game and a suicide Squad game over a Superman game? A Wonder Woman game is a great idea.

I hope Superman, Aquaman, The Flash and Justice League are neXt on the list. Though I don't want Wb Montreal to work on those ips.

They would eventually come to PC if another PS studio is behind a Marvel game.

I know Series X would be missing out again if that were to happen, but the best studio/most suitable studios to work on Marvel games imo, are mostly PS Studios. Maybe Capcom too using RE Engine/Rockstar/Hangar 13 but I prefer the look of ps' third person games with Marvel games.
Would you be ok if a studio made the best ever game and it happened to be a modern X-Men Legends and it skipped PlayStation? :D

I still don't get why they prioritized a Batman spin off game and a suicide Squad game over a Superman game? A Wonder Woman game is a great idea.

I hope Superman, Aquaman, The Flash and Justice League are neXt on the list. Though I don't want Wb Montreal to work on those ips.
Maybe they still haven’t figured out how to do a great Superman game for some reason, similar to how DC haven’t yet figured out how to do a great modern Superman film.

Wasn't good enough for me to finish. Still gonna pass.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order? One of the Best Star Wars games made?
One of the best soulslike gameplays done?

No offense but what kind of games do you play otherwise?

I can see Rocksteady just wanting to try something out of the box out with Suicide Squad.
Gotham Knights allegedly was meant to be a GAAS that WBM was forced to do after WB cancelled their previous games and wanted the assets to be used.

WBM is underrated, if you look at a lot of stuff they did in their games, there is a huge potential there if only WB would let them do what they want.

Ever since all those Marvel games have been announced, i keep asking myself why WB is so hellbent on protecting their IPs instead of letting them breath.
Like you dont even need to go AAA with them, you can go slower.
You could do stuff like a side scroller beat em up with the Birds of Prey, you could do fun Jump and Run games etc...but im sure there are many developers out there who would love to tackle the DC characters...just let them.
People loved the Telltale Batman, people love the Injustice games...stop being so protective over the IP...we need more DC comics games of all sort.

Would you be ok if a studio made the best ever game and it happened to be a modern X-Men Legends and it skipped PlayStation? :D
I wouldn't so I probably would be tempted to buy a XboX.

I've checked XboX gaming studios, and most of them are working 1st person games. The only non ps games they have that interest me are Gears of Wars and Sunset Overdrive, the latter is made by Insomniac.

Maybe they still haven’t figured out how to do a great Superman game for some reason, similar to how DC haven’t yet figured out how to do a great modern Superman film.

I think a Superman game should be fairly easy. Start him off de-powered or even younger where all of his powers haven't developed yet. Then you gain powers as you level up. Including flight, etc. Story wise they have a multitude to choose from.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order? One of the Best Star Wars games made?
One of the best soulslike gameplays done?

No offense but what kind of games do you play otherwise?

I can see Rocksteady just wanting to try something out of the box out with Suicide Squad.
Gotham Knights allegedly was meant to be a GAAS that WBM was forced to do after WB cancelled their previous games and wanted the assets to be used.

WBM is underrated, if you look at a lot of stuff they did in their games, there is a huge potential there if only WB would let them do what they want.

Ever since all those Marvel games have been announced, i keep asking myself why WB is so hellbent on protecting their IPs instead of letting them breath.
Like you dont even need to go AAA with them, you can go slower.
You could do stuff like a side scroller beat em up with the Birds of Prey, you could do fun Jump and Run games etc...but im sure there are many developers out there who would love to tackle the DC characters...just let them.
People loved the Telltale Batman, people love the Injustice games...stop being so protective over the IP...we need more DC comics games of all sort.

From Soft games, boomer shooters, cRPGs, immersive sims, proper metroidvanias.
You have a fairly low bar for soul's likes. Fallen Order isn't even as good as the Surge

I think a Superman game should be fairly easy. Start him off de-powered or even younger where all of his powers haven't developed yet. Then you gain powers as you level up. Including flight, etc. Story wise they have a multitude to choose from.

Flight's still the issue though, I can count all the games in history with good flight mechanics on one hand
We'll see how EA fares with Iron Man

Flight's still the issue though, I can count all the games in history with good flight mechanics on one hand
We'll see how EA fares with Iron Man
Hmm really?

I thought the flying skill of Storm, Jean and Rogue in X-Men Legends 1 and 2 was good enough.

I hope Marvel would develop these games as 1 offs, so the likes of Steve, Thor, Strange, T Challa, Carol, Ant-Man, F4 and of course X-Men would eventually get to headline their current gen Aaa game. Like could you imagine if Insomniac was working on a Captain America game instead of Spider-Man 2? Like for me that would be more interesting, especially AAA games these days take so much time now unlike in the 90s and 2000s.

Hmm really?

I thought the flying skill of Storm, Jean and Rogue in X-Men Legends 1 and 2 was good enough.

I hope Marvel would develop these games as 1 offs, so the likes of Steve, Thor, Strange, T Challa, Carol, Ant-Man, F4 and of course X-Men would eventually get to headline their current gen Aaa game. Like could you imagine if Insomniac was working on a Captain America game instead of Spider-Man 2? Like for me that would be more interesting, especially AAA games these days take so much time now unlike in the 90s and 2000s.
LOL...no it wasnt. The flying in XML was very basic. It was pretty much floating the character in the air to allow them to move faster. The perspective of that game was a top down isometric view, not 3rd person as would be expected for a Superman game

LOL...no it wasnt. The flying in XML was very basic. It was pretty much floating the character in the air to allow them to move faster. The perspective of that game was a top down isometric view, not 3rd person as would be expected for a Superman game
I know they weren't 3rd person games, but I had no problem with the flying skill of those games. So this "how can a superhero fly well in a videogame" imo is not really a factor why there's no Superman game in a long time.

I know they weren't 3rd person games, but I had no problem with the flying skill of those games. So this "how can a superhero fly well in a videogame" imo is not really a factor why there's no Superman game in a long time.
You cant take the flying mechanics of XML and stick them into a 3rd person action game which is what Superman theoretically should be. XML did not have a focus on aerial combat which Supes would need. The problem with flying in games is that often its not very fluid or intuitive. Think the way Spiderman is able to go from ground combat to swinging to aerial combat, back to ground, etc...Thats rarely ever done well in a game for flying. Its usually clunky and just okay at best. IMO its never been done well and there is no example of the definitive way to do it that If there was, we'd see more games replicate it the way games have with the Arkham series combat mechanics. There has yet to be an "Arkham" for flying

Hmmm games could be so advanced these days thatI don't see why no studio, can't have this "great flying skill" for Superman.

We aren't seeing a Superman game maybe because WB didn't just try hard enough. But that and an Aquaman game should be in the works now.

Yeah if we can get such good web swinging and gliding in modern Spidey and Batman games I am sure they can do something with flying.

Apparently Elex 2 does it quite well.

Yeah if we can get such good web swinging and gliding in modern Spidey and Batman games I am sure they can do something with flying.

Apparently Elex 2 does it quite well.
It could be done. Not easy but it could be done. Just need a good developer.

I also thought Iron Man's flying was fine in Avengers and that was in 3rd person. So was Thor. So imo, flying shouldn't be a reason why WBD can't make a Superman game.

I wish we got Superman and Aquaman solo games over Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad.

It could be done. Not easy but it could be done. Just need a good developer.

I also thought Iron Man's flying was fine in Avengers and that was in 3rd person. So was Thor. So imo, flying shouldn't be a reason why WBD can't make a Superman game.

I wish we got Superman and Aquaman solo games over Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad.

The thing is, the flying never was a problem...the superman returns game did it already well enough.
There is a UE5 demo that shows how easy it is to make the flying aspect work.
The Hulk games showed how to deal with a character that is almost invincible.

There is gameplay wise very little problems in 2022 for Superman.

That you mentioned it, i think Aquaman is actually more a challenge to do in terms of Gameplay.
We talk about 360 degree underwater movement...how do you possibly do that without feeling too heavy or weightless?
How do you do a Aquaman Gameplay?

That imo is harder than making a Superman game work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"