Which Green Lantern should be used? - Part 2

Everyone who regularly checks this thread should watch Green Lantern The Animated Series if they haven't already. It's on Netflix.

It's a really high quality show from Bruce Timm. The 3d animation threw me off a bit at first, I still prefer Bruce Timm's classic designs, but i learned to love the animation style, and it's a really awesome show that was building up to a Blackest Night storyline.

It should've been two seasons, but what we got was great. Introductions to the Red Lanterns, Orange Lanterns, Green Lanterns, Blue Lanterns and Star Sapphires. Sinestro had a small role, but the Sinestro Corps and his descent into supervillainy don't really get covered in this series.

Green Lantern First Flight covers the Green Lantern/Sinestro storyline perfectly, so missing out on Hal vs Sinestro in GL TAS isn't so bad.

Green Lantern: TAS, Green Lantern: First Flight are both must watches for any Green Lantern fan, they both really show the potential of live action Green Lantern.

TAS was cool, I didnt watch a lot of it. But first flight was pretty much the GL movie the live action should've been.

TAS was cool, I didnt watch a lot of it. But first flight was pretty much the GL movie the live action should've been.
You should finish it, it's only one season, and it gets best around half way through.

Nathan Fillion has once again become my top choice for Hal Jordan. He's a year older than Ben Affleck and Dwayne Johnson, and he could get into shape for the role and look just fine. Green Lantern doesn't have to be super buff anyways.

Nathan Fillion has always been perfect for Hal Jordan, there's literally no one more suited for the role IMO. Chris Pine would be a close second.

Henry Rollins (Mad Stan, Kilowog, BLACK FLAGGGGGGGGG, Rollins Band) on comics

[YT]7Y-sfWQfdB8[/YT]

such a cool dude

Nathan Fillion can play Fat Lantern.

Sorry Nate!

ЯɘvlveR;29679875 said:
i think a gl corps (that is hal, john, kyle and guy getting their rings at the same time; space is a big place) film loosely inspired by police academy and star wars would be awesome. the tone of gotg is literally what i was hoping for before i saw it, and they nailed it.

anyway, Nathan Fillion and Terry Crews as hal and john.:word:

Agree with everything except the GoTG part. A corps movie or a buddy space cop movie are the two things I want most for a Green Lantern film.

They could possibly combine both and partner up John/Hal and Kyle/Guy for a dual buddy cop movie. Or Hal/Kilowog and John/Arisia. So many possibilities.

Last edited:
Todd lascance as Green Lantern.
He was AWESOME as Caesar in SPARTACUS.
images

Side note:He looks kinda like Hemsworth

Last edited:
ЯɘvlveR;29679955 said:

Did you do this? It's a nice picture, but I'm not sure who it represents - my first thought was Robin Williams!

Everyone who regularly checks this thread should watch Green Lantern The Animated Series if they haven't already. It's on Netflix.

It's a really high quality show from Bruce Timm. The 3d animation threw me off a bit at first, I still prefer Bruce Timm's classic designs, but i learned to love the animation style, and it's a really awesome show that was building up to a Blackest Night storyline.

GL: TAS was the best development for a Lantern outside of PG-13 standards. Not only did the show translate Hal from the comics, it also set up Guy well (which is a feat) and John was on deck. As great as it was, it would have gotten better. A continuation of that show would have benefited DC so much.

GL:FF was better, but it's not really a fair comparison. DVD films can do things that kids' TV series can't, plus the animation is always better in the films because it's a finite project rather than an ongoing job. I wish WB would put more classic GL stories in animated form like they did with The Dark Knight Returns. There's no way something like this would work in a kids' series:

When John Stewart was first introduced, I believe he was the first African American DC hero, so a lot of focus was placed on his race. That exchange worked well in the comics, but I don't think there should be as much emphasis on John's race in a movie. They shouldn't even talk about it imo.

and yeah I totally agree with you on Green Lantern TAS and Green Lantern First Flight.

Man, if GL TAS was PG 13, it could've been even better. Green Lantern First Flight had THE PERFECT TONE. GL TAS was a bit too kid friendly, since it was a kids cartoon series, but it still had really awesome dark moments, and ultimately did the character justice.

Yeah it's a shame they didn't get the chance to bring John Stewart into GL TAS. I'm sure he, along with the Sinestro corps would've been established in S2

I agree with you about the race thing; it's too on the nose for the modern world.

Did you do this? It's a nice picture, but I'm not sure who it represents - my first thought was Robin Williams!

no. a gentleman by the name of Huy Dinh did. and the model is Nathan Fillion.

I'm only interested in seeing John Stewart. He's the only cinematic Green Lantern I'll watch.

John Stewart would interest me most, especially if he were more inspired by his comic book architect 'Master Builder' persona. The more Mosaic John Stewart the better. But I honestly think that'd be too cool for them. They'll use Hal, his personality is easy to simplify so it works better in a team setting. He's also getting the ultimate editorial push over the past ten or so years, so... yeah. It'll be Hal.

I agree with you about the race thing; it's too on the nose for the modern world.

But wouldn't it be nice to see where the character came from? He's got a special place in comics history; he's not just a guy who makes emerald bubbles.

John Stewart would interest me most, especially if he were more inspired by his comic book architect 'Master Builder' persona. The more Mosaic John Stewart the better. But I honestly think that'd be too cool for them. They'll use Hal, his personality is easy to simplify so it works better in a team setting. He's also getting the ultimate editorial push over the past ten or so years, so... yeah. It'll be Hal.

Good call. Once they get Hal established in this new continuity, why can't they branch out to the other Lanterns?

Michael jai white for John Stewart in JL

He voiced him in the JLH game. And hes a different choice than the typical idris elba. I think he could convincingly play a hard working military vet.

Michael Jai White already played Gambol in TDK and Bronze Tiger in Arrow, it's highly unlikely that he'd play Green Lantern. He wouldn't be a bad choice, but he's not ideal imo.

Hal... please and thank you. I didn't like John in JL/JLU and I don't see the appeal of him outside of added diversity.

At least Hal and Kyle have cool lives outside of being a Lantern Corps member. And Guy has his entertaining big-headedness going for him.

HBO is owned by WB , just do a GL series on HBO, that'd be sick

Since Rock is playing Black Adam, his name can now be removed from the list of candidates for John Stewart. Who else ?

I always thought that LeVar Burton (from ST: TNG) could be a good choice for John Stewart but now he is too old for that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"