The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread - Part 1

That scene honestly wasn’t even that cool :shrug:

I expected way more in the way of Easter Eggs and was really let down

Because it was garbage CGI on top of more CGI and on and on. Just one huge busy mess.

Oh, it's Yalan Gur. Too bad we could not see him, the design is reaaaaaally neat. Supposed to be the first lantern ever, before the lantern from the GLC and the lantern from Alan Scott are separated. This is why he has both designs in his suit.

I sure hope we get Abin Sur in the reboot

I'd only want abin sur in flash backs, like maybe Hal and John are working a cold case that abin and sinestro were previously on. Maybe it really explains how abin was injured and ended up on earth. Otherwise what's the point other than to rehash the origin, which isn't really that big in the grand scheme of GL storytelling imo.

I'd only want abin sur in flash backs, like maybe Hal and John are working a cold case that abin and sinestro were previously on. Maybe it really explains how abin was injured and ended up on earth. Otherwise what's the point other than to rehash the origin, which isn't really that big in the grand scheme of GL storytelling imo.
THIS
I really don’t care to see the origin again unless it’s a flashback.
Want them to jump right into the good **** :woot:

I wouldn’t mind a quick explanation of everything in the opening credits.
Explain The corps, the rings, the guardians, and Oa.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm sick of reboots that retread the same ground as the original movie. It's why I'm so pleased with the idea of an older veteran Hal that's already been around for many years.

Also, don’t give us sinestro as a goddamn GL for a whole movie :funny:
Sinestrosciver.png

So if we go with an older Hal who has been around for years then who should DCEU cast if they go with an older Hal:

My contenders would be:

- Matt Damon
- James Marsden
- Nathan Fillion
- Matthew McConaughey
- Tom Cruise
- Bradley Cooper
- Armie Hammer
- Jake Gyllenhaal

Marsden and Gyllenhaal are the only two I would probably be fine with if Stewart is that much younger.

I think they are gonna go older Hal and younger John but if I am wrong and they go older John and younger Hal then for older John I would go with either Idris Elba or Mahershala Ali and for a younger Hal I would go Armie Hammer or Garrett Hedlund of Tron Legacy fame

I want a young Hal Jordan and an older John.

I think Hal should definitely be older than John, just not decades older. He can easily be a veteran Green Lantern in his late 30s. I have no interest in seeing a Hank Pym-ed version of Hal Jordan.

So is this a thing now? Buddy cop film for GL? I wouldn't mind this. Would looooove Elba as Stewart but then again I would also prefer Hal being older than John.

This was always the plan ever since the announced GLC a few years ago. I wouldn't mind a seasoned forty something Hal and a late twenties to early thirties John.

So is this a thing now? Buddy cop film for GL? I wouldn't mind this. Would looooove Elba as Stewart but then again I would also prefer Hal being older than John.

That was the announcement last year, that they were basically looking at this movie as Lethal Weapon in space.

Oh ok, I thought they were going Green Lantern Corps and wasn’t just focused on the two but I like the sound of this.

With A Quiet Place breaking out, I wonder if John Krasinski will be approached for Hal, he's only 38 but I can envision him as Hal.

He would’ve been a way better Barry than Ezra. I like him enough for Hal, but if he plays any hero, it should be Mister Fantastic

I didn't know they had actually said that Lethal Weapon thing, thought it was just people discussing what they thought was cool. In that case, great!

John Krasinski I can actually see him as Hal Jordan but then again I can also see him as Reed Richards as well in the MCU but it is a matter of who gets in touch with him first either DC or Marvel

Dude is really putting himself out for any role. He wants to be a headliner of something rather than return to tv work.

He still has that Jack Ryan series coming out; if that does well in his first season, I assume he's contracted to appear in several more.

But yeah, I could see him as Hal or Reed. Reed especially; the tricky thing with that character is you need someone who is kinda nerdy but also could come off like a heroic adventurer. Although my issue with Reed is that his power flat out sucks. Apologies to F4 fans, but stretching has to be one of the lamest superpowers ever introduced, and movie studios have yet to actually make it look good in anything. I'm not sure that even Marvel Studios has the capability to make Reed look cool.

It's a very versatile ability, not to mention how it's hard to even injure him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"