Which Green Lantern should be used? - Part 2

Hal, John, Kyle and Guy.

Guy comic relief, Kyle the young gun, straight stoic man John and Hal the leader.

Ain't nobody got time for Baz.

it was basically confirmed by everyone who went to SDCC that Hal will be used . John may appear in the GLC movie but Hal will be in Justice League.

You mean judging by that Green Lantern concept art that was shown? From what I understand it showcased many different Lanterns and it didn't show Hal in the Justice League, but just among the other Corps members.

I'm so interested to see how this turns out. 2011's failure is one of the most fascinating recent blockbusters, I watch it about once every two months or so just to see if I can wrap my head around why anyone would think any of that was a good idea.
That being said, the direction they take with this fascinates me because I think they understand what did and did not work. Hopefully this next one will be less CG-centric, with a less generic script and more charming actors.
I wish there was a higher quality version of the concept art available.

I do hope they use practical creatures when possible, like JJ Abrams has with Star Trek and Star Wars.

It's almost a certainty that we'll see both Hal and John. I'm hopeful that Kyle gets at least one live-action appearance somewhere, and this would be the most logical.

And doesn't anyone else see Soranik Natu in that blurry concept image?

Daughter of Sinestro=Interesting character dynamic.
Comes from a planet that hates GL's because of her dad's actions=Ditto.
Has a fairly interesting concept (GL doctor/surgeon)=Uniqueness.
Interesting character plus possible future love interest for Kyle=Nice bonus.

So yeah, I'm all for including her.

Hal was confirmed and it looked like Chris Pine. Glad WB knows what they are doing.

This is essentially confirmation that Hal will be the main GL in GLcorps and Justice league

Daughter of Sinestro=Interesting character dynamic.
Comes from a planet that hates GL's because of her dad's actions=Ditto.
Has a fairly interesting concept (GL doctor/surgeon)=Uniqueness.
Interesting character plus possible future love interest for Kyle=Nice bonus.

So yeah, I'm all for including her.

One of the aspects of the character that I like is that she often uses her ring to construct surgical implements and other medical devices. It's a prime example of the ring's energy being specifically linked to the wielder's mind.

I do hope they use practical creatures when possible, like JJ Abrams has with Star Trek and Star Wars.

Agreed. CGI should only be used for touch ups, or for when practical effects just won't cut it.

Wasn't around the forums at the time, anyone recall what the reaction was to John Stewart being chosen as the Green Lantern in Justice League Mortal back in 2008. And what did people think of the Common being cast?

I cant really recall but I'd hazard a guess to say 'mixed' to the 1st question and 'most likely not very positive' to the second.

I remember the reaction being positive to both John Stewart and Commons casting

Common was one of the few known members of the cast, and he was probably the casting that people were most down for. Along with Brody as The Flash.

At the time, Justice League Unlimited had recently wrapped up, and Geoff Johns Hal run (and subsequent Hal Renaissance) hadn't gained traction yet. At the time, John was probably the more popular GL. Nowadays, the GL fans are much more divided

Common is apparently playing Tattooed Man now in Suicide Squad. Kinda interesting

I think a wise move would be for Hal and John to share the spotlight in GLC. I still 100% support Idris Elba as Green Lantern. If they got that dude for John, most everyone would be willing to give a GL movie another chance

Yeah I don't remember a lot of controversy about either John or Common. Armie Hammer's casting as Batman though? Oh boy.

If everyone just read a couple Geoff Johns GL stories, there would be no debate as to which Green Lantern should be used in the movies

Secret Origin, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, those are some of the best stories in comics period.

Seems like we'll get all the important GLs anyway. Also Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night are GLC stories, not just Hal stories. Sure, the main characters in Blackest Night are definitely Hal and Barry, but the Corps has a huge presence, too.

If everyone just read a couple Geoff Johns GL stories, there would be no debate as to which Green Lantern should be used in the movies

Secret Origin, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, those are some of the best stories in comics period.

True words all around.

Yeah I don't remember a lot of controversy about either John or Common. Armie Hammer's casting as Batman though? Oh boy.

Hahaha yeah. But even that wouldn't have been as bad as DJ Patronus as Superman.

We really need some GL info soon. I suspect we'll get the Hal casting announcement in the next few months, I can't wait to get story details on GLC though.

I suspect Geoff Johns will be co writing this movie
This has so much potential as a franchise, you could easily squeeze out an amazing trilogy with all the stories that are there to draw from

The rise of Sinestro, the fall of Hal Jordan, Kyle's resurrection of the corps, the War of Light ...

A pre Blue Lantern St Walker should be incorporated early on.

The Green Lantern animated series was seriously awesome, they did a lot right, despite how childish the show could be

They have a ****load of material after the last decade. Krona, the other corps, Black Hand, Volthoom, the Third Army.

A Blackest Night story would be amazing to see at some point in the future.

It'd be such a waste for them to not use Hal in JL. We're finally getting Barry and us comic book readers know the Barry Hal romance well. If Wally were our JL Flash, then it'd make sense to use John or Kyle, but he's not, so it's gonna be Hal in JL, with Hal AND John in the GLC

The Barry Hal romance? I must have missed something. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"