Which Green Lantern should be used? - Part 2

Im with reg, im not getting the point...

Agree with I See Spidey-WB is in no rush to throw money at a GLmovie.

I can see a GL Netflix tv show spinning off the Justice League movie though

I agree with the point Green Goliath made in part 1 of this thread – the Hulk is a great character, who should easily work in a movie, yet until the Avengers his big screen outings have disappointed. GL suffered the same fate so hopefully a good JL movie appearance can change all that.

I agree. Gl has plenty of great potential. But it needs to be a very calculated move by WB before anything happens.

Im in the same boat. I don't really lime the idea of him as hal. But like I've said before I can see him as flash for sure.

Yeah, definitely. I could easily see him as either Barry or Wally (or an amalgam of the two, which is most likely what we'll get). It's not just a hair thing either; he just seems to suit Flash better to me.

/waits for LEVITIKUZ to show up and remind me that Aaron Paul has already signed a 23-picture contract to play the Flash :woot:

Agree with I See Spidey-WB is in no rush to throw money at a GLmovie.

I can see a GL Netflix tv show spinning off the Justice League movie though

I'd like to see a Green Lantern Corps film. Include all the main human Lanterns (Hal,John, Guy and Kyle) and incorporate that into the cinematic universe.

I'd like to see a Green Lantern Corps film. Include all the main human Lanterns (Hal,John, Guy and Kyle) and incorporate that into the cinematic universe.

It boggles my mind how they haven't tried to do a GL movie using the corps.

They are basically Jedi, the movie could be huge if done correctly. Guardians of the Galaxy just proved you don't have to be grounded on Earth to be successful.

They are basically Jedi, the movie could be huge if done correctly. Guardians of the Galaxy just proved you don't have to be grounded on Earth to be successful.

Agreed a Corps film would've been great. Don't think WB has a Green Lantern film on their radar though.

I'd rather have a Stewart/Jordan buddy space cop film, but a corps film is definitely 2nd on my list.

I'd rather see a buddy cop movie w/John &Guy. Two badass space cops who look the part & go around kicking ass in the name of the law.

They should have done that instead of trying(&failing ) to make Hal look good at the Corps expense.

gotg was what GL should have been in the first place. they have to know with gotg success they shat the bed royally. hopefully gotg success changes this pervading idea that they'll shelve hal/gl till JL.

I'd rather have a Stewart/Jordan buddy space cop film, but a corps film is definitely 2nd on my list.

i think a gl corps (that is hal, john, kyle and guy getting their rings at the same time; space is a big place) film loosely inspired by police academy and star wars would be awesome. the tone of gotg is literally what i was hoping for before i saw it, and they nailed it.

anyway, Nathan Fillion and Terry Crews as hal and john.:word:

ЯɘvlveR;29679857 said:
gotg was what GL should have been in the first place. they have to know with gotg success they shat the bed royally. hopefully gotg success changes this pervading idea that they'll shelve hal/gl till JL.
Disagree. GOTG is a good movie, but it's the complete wrong tone for Green Lantern. A Green Lantern movie series should have the same tone as Star Wars, instead of being overly comedic like GOTG. I do agree that GOTG could end up motivating WB to do a better Green Lantern movie. But they shouldn't emulate GOTG AT ALL

I'm just hoping for a Green Lantern tv series at this point. Doesn't have to be connected to the CW or any other universe. The GL mythology is so vast that it wouldn't suffer from a lack of connectivity to a greater DC universe. Hal would obviously be the main character, but eventually you could introduce John, Guy and Kyle as well. Jensen Ackles as tv Hal of course.

Last edited:
I don't think the comedic tone is what he was talking about. I think he probably meant the exotic location, beautiful scenery, character interactions, and the coming together of unlikely heroes. Gotg is good because each character is earned not given.

Last edited:
Disagree. GOTG is a good movie, but it's the complete wrong tone for Green Lantern. A Green Lantern movie series should have the same tone as Star Wars, instead of being overly comedic like GOTG. I do agree that GOTG could end up motivating WB to do a better Green Lantern movie. But they shouldn't emulate GOTG AT ALL

I'm just hoping for a Green Lantern tv series at this point. Doesn't have to be connected to the CW or any other universe. The GL mythology is so vast that it wouldn't suffer from a lack of connectivity to a greater DC universe. Hal would obviously be the main character, but eventually you could introduce John, Guy and Kyle as well. Jensen Ackles as tv Hal of course.

gotg might have been "overly comedic" but it had more heart than most films in this genre. my point is, it should have been a space movie instead of what we got.

I don't think the comedic tone is what he was talking about. I think he probably meant the exotic location, beautiful scenery, character interactions, and the coming together of unlikely heroes. Gotg is good because each character is earned not given.

precisely.

I just don't agree with "GOTG is what Green Lantern should have been"

But yeah I agree, the things Gamma listed were all positives in GOTG, we'd be lucky to get those elements in another solo GL film. Star Wars is the film to emulate though.

10632273_268805589980800_407688445_n.jpg

That looks ****ing amazing. He could still do great in the role. He's only a year older than Affleck.

Hal works well as an older character, I always liked the white temples look.

Nathan Fillion was born to play Green Lantern imo.

That is what I was talking about.
It blows my mind, because they have the material and stories. The Green Lantern animated movies and tv series are both really, really good. They just have to transfer that to live action. I don't get why they can't/don't just do this.

That looks ****ing amazing. He could still do great in the role. He's only a year older than Affleck.

Hal works well as an older character, I always liked the white temples look.

Nathan Fillion was born to play Green Lantern imo.
Well, he IS the voice of him already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"