Which was better Superman v Batman or Fantastic Four (2015)?

Just my opinion but I don't see how anyone can say F4 is better than BvS.

Several people, me included, have already said how we can see BvS as worse: because its not just about production quality, its also about message. A movie that does its best to actively and cheerfully defile the core themes and messages of the characters, as if it were made by someone who actively hates all that makes said characters appealing? Is worse than a movie that is merely badly made.

BvS had some parts I really liked. Ben Affleck as Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman both made the movie better than it could have been. Ben was the best part of the movie. Awesome Batman and Bruce Wayne.

FF was boring the entire time. That and they ****ed up Doom AGAIN.

I voted Craptastic, only because while enjoyed neither, it seems as though Snyder is actively trying to make me disinterested in Justice League and the DCEU, Josh Trank tells me he had a good movie at some point and the studio ruined it, Snyder made the movie he wanted and he ruined it.

Several people, me included, have already said how we can see BvS as worse: because its not just about production quality, its also about message. A movie that does its best to actively and cheerfully defile the core themes and messages of the characters, as if it were made by someone who actively hates all that makes said characters appealing? Is worse than a movie that is merely badly made.

Disagree there,

Superman represents Hope, selflessness, courage, kindness, the best in humanity

Batman represents obsession, anger, darkness, isolation, he has become disillusioned and cynical, turning away from the more positive ideals that he used to represent. Superman's sacrifice made Batman reexamine his priorities.

But, I'm tired of trying to have a reasonable discussion about the positives and negatives about the film with people who just try to act like the movie inherently sucks just because they didn't like the angle from which the filmmakers approached the characters.

Completely disregarding FF did exactly that.

BvS although Fant4stic is shorter there is more memorable things in BvS like Wonder Woman. Also the reshoots in Fant4stic was more noticeable. (Kate Mara's wig)

Completely disregarding FF did exactly that.

Which is a fair counterpoint. However, I think BvS will do more damage, precisely because its surface veneer will draw it more credibility. FF 2015 is too obviously zero effort for the disrespectful plot to really create much impact, by contrast.

On a movie-making level, BvS was clearly superior to FF. Regardless of what you think of their interpretations of the characters. I am aware I'm on a site that bizarrely hates Zack Snyder with a passion but as far as opinions go, this as close to common sense as it gets IMO

That's not what the thread is about though so it's pretty irrelevant

It's not irrelevant, it's precisely the point I brought up before. I was a regular on the FF boards from the inception of the reboot. When the initial reports that it was going to be based on Ultimate FF, I (and several others) said it would fail. Then more and more details leaked and we said it was going to be terrible, and fail, and it was terrible and did fail.

People held out hope the BvS would be a good film and launch the franchise, and it would be a shoe-in for a billion world wide. The film crashed and burned on takeoff, and no one expected that.

Saying that BvS is "superior" to FF, isn't saying anything. The fact is the film was generally viewed as a dud, and not as good as MoS which had a tepid response of its own.

Just my opinion but I don't see how anyone can say F4 is better than BvS.
It angered us less.
I can think of more moments I liked from Fant4stic's 1hr 30min running time than I can think of in the 2hr 40min run of Batman V Superman

Even Catwoman is better than Fant4stic.

Well, at least FF was mercifully short, so its got that going for it...

Which is a fair counterpoint. However, I think BvS will do more damage, precisely because its surface veneer will draw it more credibility. FF 2015 is too obviously zero effort for the disrespectful plot to really create much impact, by contrast.
I disagree. The studio atleast took an attempt do something cool. How misguided it may have been, theyatleast took in the effort. The negative response from some people being way overblown due to the protectiness people have at portrayals of the characters . FF on the otherhand was clear rush job, made on the cheap, with no care for the source. Forget not being true to the characters, Fox did even an attempt to go in a particular direction, shown by the terribly put together, and generic 3rd act, and missing 2nd act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"