Which was better Superman v Batman or Fantastic Four (2015)?

Was gonna say this poll isnt even fair until i voted and saw that people are actually voting for Fant4stic.

Color me shocked.

BvS was far,FAR more disappointing. I knew F4 would have sucked from the start,but I was actually hopeful for BvS and it turned out bad.

Both suck but I'd rather watch Batman v Superman.

Fant4stic makes BvS look like The Dark Knight in comparison.

BvS was far,FAR more disappointing. I knew F4 would have sucked from the start,but I was actually hopeful for BvS and it turned out bad.

This is the best way to put it. Anyone who's head wasn't buried in the ground knew FFINO was going to be a disaster, but BvS has no excuse for how it turned out.

The fact that this is a even a conversation is sad.

The fact that this is a even a conversation is sad.

That's what I was thinking. I couldn't sit through BvS another time as it is, and I doubt that a 3 or even 4 hour cut could save the film. Fant4stic by default, unfortunately.

Okay, I don't like Batman V Superman much, but it's still better than Fantastic Four.

What I produced in the toilet this morning is better than Fantastic Four.

Batman and Robin is better than Fantastic Four.

lol, some of these posts can't be serious. Fant4stic was by far the worse, absolute worst movie to come out in the past 10 years.

BvS and not even close.

Have never seen one of them, have no desire to see the other one again.

The fact that this thread even exists shows you how poor the standard for BvS has fallen. Sorry but everyone knew Trank-4-stick was going to suck. Fans were screaming at the top of their lungs that it was going to bomb.

With BvS, people had hoped they would get a movie better than Man of Steel. They saw the art and costume design and they were impressed. They saw the first promo still for Wonder Woman and they were impressed. Everything looked like this could be a worthy rival to the MCU. Then we got the first trailer and people were scratching their heads. The first hints were made about Batman flat out murdering people. The second trailer came out and we were scratching our heads more. Something wasn't adding up, but the trailers for Suicide Squad looked terrific. Maybe this wasn't as bad as it appeared. The final trailer came out and it looked kick a$$! Maybe our concerns were unfounded.

The early twitter feed came out and it looked good. People were getting excited, but then....what's this? WB embargoed the film critics, but gave early fan screenings and encouraged them to go on twitter? That doesn't sound like a studio confident in it's film.

Then the reviews came out! Zero to s*** in 60 sec!

Then as if the reviews weren't enough of a warning, we went in and were blown away at how horrible the film was. It wasn't just worse than Man of Steel, it was a freaking night mare!

Then if that weren't bad enough, the studio fudged the estimates for positive media buzz only to find out they fudged by 6M dollars on opening weekend and the Sunday hold was absolute ****!

I'm sorry but is this how low the standards have become for WB?? That we are comparing a film that was made by Fox only because they were in a pissing match with Marvel and upset at losing the rights to Daredevil so they shoehorned a project that no one believed in desperate hope that Marvel would pay money for the rights back to the characters of a franchise that already fizzled out with the Tim Story movies?

A film that the rumors of a director who was quite frankly bat **** crazy (no pun intended), in Trank that he actually disowned his own movie on the day of release? The same guy who was fired from the Star Wars franchise?

You know what, I'm voting for BvS, simply because with Fan-****-stick, people got exactly what they expected, which was a crappy film that spat in the face of the fan base and killed off any hope of sequels, despite the fact that Fox was advertising the release date of the sequels. Where with BvS, the fanbase was sold one thing and given another. They were sold a film that would be a unique variant on the shared universe theme, only to receive a steaming pile of **** that didn't make any logical sense and made you lose any interest in any future DCEU films.

BvS. Despite all of its problems, it still felt like a movie. A movie with problems, sure, but a movie. FF had no second act. It really was a first act leading straight into the final battle, completely bizarre.

They're both movies that wasted strong ideas and actors, but F4 ran its wannabe franchise into the ground. At least BvS got people to like its new characters and get them excited for more.

Fascinating!

Can I hold my vote until the extended BvS cut releases?

Okay this is getting way out of hand. BvS was nowhere near as bad as the trainwreck that was fant4stic.

although BVS had its problems it is better than Fantastic Four imo.

Then if that weren't bad enough, the studio fudged the estimates for positive media buzz only to find out they fudged by 6M dollars on opening weekend and the Sunday hold was absolute ****!

That's not a good excuse anymore -- it goes both ways now. Disney had Marvel's track record, plus glowing reviews for "Civil War". Early tracking had it coming close or narrowly crossing $200 million in its U.S. opening weekend. And while it's doing fantastic business, it'll barely hit $180M in three days.

I can't believe someone put this thread up. Batman v. Superman, whether you hated it or not, has so much going for it than the terrible FFINO.

That's not a good excuse anymore -- it goes both ways now. Disney had Marvel's track record, plus glowing reviews for "Civil War". Early tracking had it coming close or narrowly crossing $200 million in its U.S. opening weekend. And while it's doing fantastic business, it'll barely hit $180M in three days.

I can't believe someone put this thread up. Batman v. Superman, whether you hated it or not, has so much going for it than the terrible FFINO.

Maybe I wasn't clear, my post was written way before CW even came out. Tracking is not Studio estimates. They're not put out by the studio.

What I'm talking about is that Warner released estimates to the media for the weekend that were 172 million, and they did it to generate press in light of a horrible drubbing of bad press from the prior week. Those estimates were off by 6M because the studio covered for what everyone else knew, the film tanked on Sunday.

Marvel hasn't released any estimates other than the Friday numbers of 72.5M. No other numbers you heard, especially the tracking came from Disney/Marvel.

Now if the studio estimates for the weekend that will be released tomorrow are way off, then you may have a point. We don't know, but Disney has little reason to fudge for this film, the estimated Saturday hold is much higher than BvS.

As a whole it's a mess but BvS wins with the Batman/Bruce Wayne stuff alone. Plus getting to see Wonder Woman. There's still entertainment throughout including what was imo the best Batman brawl we have seen.

Fant4stic I can't really say anything good about. Everybody was pretty much a disappointment.

Just my opinion but I don't see how anyone can say F4 is better than BvS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"